London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Well you went very very assumptive on my post, I didn't say Saginaw fans should be cheering for London nor did I even imply that. I was talking about the in game production, nothing with the fans. What I am saying is on paper London was the home team, so the arena audio and visual stuff should be neutral because the memorial cup is a neutral tournament hosted by the CHL. I did say, this stuff isn't the reason London lost, just simply an observation I made while in attendance.
I fully understood what you meant, there are reason why a team applies to be a host team, it still comes with benefits and advantages, and one of them is for the majority of fans coming in to be entertained by their favorite team. Beside financial benefitting and a business adventure, they don't want to pi..ed their fans off to a point they will stay away next year, it's also an opportunity to grow their fan base as well. Cheers!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
This is Easton Cowan commenting before the game, listen to what he is saying:

And this is Josh Bloom commenting before the same game, and listen to what he's saying here:

Noticed the difference, as it turned out, it wasn't like any other game the Knights were prepared for, and controlling the emotions.
And for Saginaw, the importance to start fast, stay out of the penalty box and play the game as they never play before.

Last edited:

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Season has officially ended, and I honestly can't say that I was disappointed at any time. The team provided first-class entertainment for the dollars I spent, and were in contention right up to the very last game of the season. Granted, they didn't win the Memorial Cup.....but they are this year's OHL Champions. In that sense, they DID IMPROVE over last season, when they lost out to the Petes.

A few seasons from now, we'll be seeing some of the current players performing in the NHL, and will remember back to their days as Knights. It's the nature of Major Junior A hockey, and as fans we're spoiled in that we get to witness the development of future NHL stars, without having to spend mega-bucks to do so.

Have a great summer all, and I'll look forward to seeing how the next edition of the team stacks up, come September. :):thumbu:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
This is Easton Cowan commenting before the game, listen to what he is saying:

And this is Josh Bloom commenting before the same game, and listen to what he's saying here:

Noticed the difference, as it turned out, it wasn't like any other game the Knights were prepared for, and controlling the emotions.
And for Saginaw, the importance to start fast, stay out of the penalty box and play the game as they never play before.
The one thing I noticed in the first two periods is that Saginaw wasn’t being as aggressive with the dmen as the normally would be. Plenty of times I saw Parekh back off pinch plays that he would have jumped into 10/10. I think the idea was to take away London’s counter attack, which was the one thing that always killed us. And two of London’s goal were off the counter. First one Dionicio cheats up to make a check leaving Haultenan open. 2 on 1 leads to a snipe. Third goal a puck is mishandled in the middle of the ice and off the knights went. Credit to London. Saginaw played 50 minutes of the best hockey they’ve ever put together and you still almost tore our hearts out again

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
The one thing I noticed in the first two periods is that Saginaw wasn’t being as aggressive with the dmen as the normally would be. Plenty of times I saw Parekh back off pinch plays that he would have jumped into 10/10. I think the idea was to take away London’s counter attack, which was the one thing that always killed us. And two of London’s goal were off the counter. First one Dionicio cheats up to make a check leaving Haultenan open. 2 on 1 leads to a snipe. Third goal a puck is mishandled in the middle of the ice and off the knights went. Credit to London. Saginaw played 50 minutes of the best hockey they’ve ever put together and you still almost tore our hearts out again
Accurate. Saginaw was unreal at getting in the passing and shooting lanes too. I’m not even remembering a sequence of two consecutive passes London made last night. It was mostly domination outside of 5-7 minutes. I did not expect a London victory yesterday but was not expecting domination. Enjoy!

Reactions: rve24

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
LDN goes 5-2 vs SAG in the last month or whatever before tonights game and aren't CHL champions. I hate LDN but that doesn't sit well with me either. Just one of those years like Windsor bit ago.. Single elimination for the whole shebang isn't ideal. Hate to see it but I dunno you just gotta win it. At least the cup is back in the O. That was one of the best teams LDN has had IMO.
yeah, i've often thought the tournament should just be the 3 champions in a round robin - they earned their places while hosting and winning seems to diminish the whole thing.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Not trying to troll but does anyone know if there has been any other CHL teams that their first championship was the Memorial Cup..
Saginaw has three team banners hanging in their arena and will be adding two at their home opener next year

London will be adding four from this season alone at theirs

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Do you not see who possibly will be returning. This team is going to be stacked next year. We have great D here now and coming up. If we sign Ustinkov over the summer there's a fantastic shot we will be playing again at the end of May once again. But, the West is going to be crazy good. Erie, kitchener, Guelph, SSM, and Guelph will be tough aswell. But just the fact that you are doubting shows that's its going to happen.....I've never seen a poster more wrong about things.
Kitchener not so much. Need to sell off players to recoup draft picks instead of losing in the second round again 😁

Reactions: All the Answers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Parekh backing off is showing some respect for the many times he got burnt against London in the past, it's common sense to learn from it. Saginaw wanted it more, as Josh Bloom said before the game, they took the game to London and completely outperformed them and dominated every aspect of the game, not letting London get organized. The Knights expected the same from the Spirit, and it wasn't the same Spirit team they had been accustomed to playing against. You do learn from teams that beat you, Saginaw were great students of the Knight's game, with so many kick at the can it finally broke through.

Reactions: rangersblues

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
LOL, one thing I've noticed is Knights fans are not nearly as good at excuse making as as last years Pete's fans were. All we heard after they lost in the Memorial Cup was how winning the OHL Title was the true prize. The Memorial Cup was just a little fun for the players who cares about the outcome as it's like an All Star game. Hmm ......

Reactions: Fastpace

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Remember Finn Wilson is signed as a goalie. That complicates the crease.

Edward and George are NHL signed and gone.

Big wild card is Julien. Jets have another year to sign him.

Cowan and Dickinson - I would approach the off season without those two coming back.
I am a huge Dickinson fan. But no way no chance is he not back next year. He isn’t ready for the NHL. See how many times he iced the puck? He still has a lot to develop at the junior level. He will be back and grow his game. He has yet to add a physical component to his game (hits, fights, but of nasty). He only uses his physical to separate puck from player. He still needs to work on his poise,and his offence. But he is only 17 and he’s been one of our best D. I look forward to seeing him flourish as a Knight in the coming years.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Here is my crack at next year. Sim had serious surgery on his hip and could use more junior hockey. Gaz, while he would use both an OA and import card was out leading goal scorer with 36. Willmore will be an excellent starting goalie. There is your OA group. Will need to bring in a 19yr old Centerman that can score via trade.
Couple more trades and this team could compete for the top.

Barkey, O’Rielly, Gazizov*
Sim*, Trade, Nicholl
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Johnston
R.Boulton, Gerber, Hawery

Dickinson, Bonk
Wooley, Brzustewicz
Jenken, Ustinkov
Mitchell

Willmore*
Medvedev

Reactions: LDN and davewheeler

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Here is a breakdown of the potential players you will see next year. Worst case scenario they have a younger F group with a solid D group, they will likely get 4-5 of their 04's back next season so their will be moves coming either way!
2024-24 season start.PNG

Also don't get too hung up on who is ahead of who, this is primarily ranked by age...

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Here is my crack at next year. Sim had serious surgery on his hip and could use more junior hockey. Gaz, while he would use both an OA and import card was out leading goal scorer with 36. Willmore will be an excellent starting goalie. There is your OA group. Will need to bring in a 19yr old Centerman that can score via trade.
Couple more trades and this team could compete for the top.

Barkey, O’Rielly, Gazizov*
Sim*, Trade, Nicholl
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Johnston
R.Boulton, Gerber, Hawery

Dickinson, Bonk
Wooley, Brzustewicz
Jenken, Ustinkov
Mitchell

Willmore*
Medvedev
Still a great team even without Cowan....

Reactions: LDN and Knights77

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Remember Finn Wilson is signed as a goalie. That complicates the crease.

Edward and George are NHL signed and gone.

Big wild card is Julien. Jets have another year to sign him.

Cowan and Dickinson - I would approach the off season without those two coming back.
Yes George is gone but there's a slight chance of Edward coming back. Julien NEEDS another year. Needs more size, strength, and foot speed. I still think Cowan will be back after 9 or 10 games with the Leafs but depends who they sign in the off season. If Bertuzzi takes less to stay then Cowan might be back....if Bert walks then he might be a much cheaper alternative. As for Dickinson....depends who drafts him. I think that another season in junior would be good for him especially in a leadership role....he deserves the C next year hands down. Next year will be fun.

Cowan, Dickinson, halttunen, possibly gazizov, possibly george, possibly edward won't be back. I don't think those guys will be back, except maybe edward. They're too good for ohl
Yes but the pipeline is fantastic and there's a good chance Cowan, Dickinson, and Edward will be back. I believe that George, Halttunen and Gaz will be gone 100%.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Manipulationg would be the ideal way to win.
Coming from a Windsor fan that rich considering this tidbit from the Spits past..

Windsor Spitfires had been found guilty of breaking the league’s rules in regards to recruitment and impermissible benefits. The Spitfires have been fined $400,000 and will forfeit five draft picks as a result. The high picks include first-round picks in 2013, 2014 and 2016 as well as second-round picks in 2015 and 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad