London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Enough with the Hache stuff lol. WTF are they suppose to do? Fire the dad or make the kid play in another league circumventing the CHL rules?
Offer a solution or the whinning is just sour grapes.
I'm curious to those complaining what the answer is.....limit OHL personnel to only people with no kids playing hockey?
Seriously would love to here those painting fingers to come up with a solution that isn't contradictory to HR and ESA guidelines. Here is your chance......

Officiating is inconsistent as well as discipline and its understandable homer fans get pissed regardless of what side of the fence you lay your chair. And if your a former media person it's a crutch n conspiracy lol.

BUT MLB is a joke, NBA is brutal, NHL is less than to be desired, the NFL isn't close to perfect and I won't even go to pro soccer in NA. It is what it is play thru it or don't. LK let the Spirit n Refs get in their heads, they responded in a way that didn't help mitigate the issue but rather inflamed it.

Just 1 game, but Hunter needs to get them focused and I expect thats the convo today n tomorrow. It happens.

2 chances to close the door. Take the op n run with it.
Love to see Barkey n Cowan go off offensively.......and I'll guess McC leads in a different way Sunday after a meeting with staff. ( I'm wondering if he is struggling physically.....based on play n body language...regardless the answer isn't what he did Friday night. )
Too late now, but Hache Sr. should have moved to a different role within the OHL for the 2023-24 season. A lot on the line for the Spirit this year and having him remain in his role this year gives the appearance of favouritism even though they have tried to have him supposedly recused from the playoffs involving the Spirit. Like I said that ship sailed 7 months ago

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Enough with the Hache stuff lol. WTF are they suppose to do? Fire the dad or make the kid play in another league circumventing the CHL rules?
Offer a solution or the whinning is just sour grapes.
I'm curious to those complaining what the answer is.....limit OHL personnel to only people with no kids playing hockey?
Seriously would love to here those painting fingers to come up with a solution that isn't contradictory to HR and ESA guidelines. Here is your chance......
It's a conflict of interest and many many companies have policies against hiring family members, especially when one of those family members is in a supervisory position. There's nothing in HR or ESA guidelines that would prevent it from happening here. Not necessarily saying it should, but the optics of the whole thing is very bad considering some of the non-calls Saginaw benefited from in the Soo series

Reactions: DWI Dale

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
It was his last game in the OHL
They still needed to send a message that his actions were unacceptable. My understanding is that the AHL honoured CHL suspensions so he would have been suspended from the AHL to start the season. However that is likely did not suspend him but TrueType should have.

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Shouldn’t you be on the Petes thread telling us all your insights from reading the Peterborough Examiner?
I get my information from listening to interviews with the Petes coach and general manager with various media outlet. My insight for today is the Petes have signed 1st round pick, Colin Fitzgerald and could have the steal of the draft if they can sign Alexander Hage who was rated in the first round and they got in the 6th round.

Otto

They still needed to send a message that his actions were unacceptable. My understanding is that the AHL honoured CHL suspensions so he would have been suspended from the AHL to start the season. However that is likely did not suspend him but TrueType should have.
Doubtful the AHL would honor an OHL suspension. The IIHF and NHL ignored MacKenzie Blackwoods suspension and allowed him to play in the World Juniors, Zac Rinaldo was suspended in the NHL, then sent to the AHL, played a few games, then suspended there too.

No way the AHL doesn't honor an NHL suspension but would honor an AHL one.

But seriously, Don't you have anything better to do than bring up incidents from 18 years ago?

I get my information from listening to interviews with the Petes coach and general manager with various media outlet. My insight for today is the Petes have signed 1st round pick, Colin Fitzgerald and could have the steal of the draft if they can sign Alexander Hage who was rated in the first round and they got in the 6th round.
We are focused on the playoffs here... your post is irrelevant

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
I think we need to watch it again, the stick is up to the neck, for sure it's a penalty for sure, but is it 5 minute and 5 games? You go and forcefully dish out a high hit to someone, you will see the body bend in half, not the knees. Common, knees bent so not to hurt himself and dropped straight down to the ice like a bag of potatoe(?)
If you cannot see that the hit Lawrence did was not deserving of the call then you really need to take those glasses off.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Doubtful the AHL would honor an OHL suspension. The IIHF and NHL ignored MacKenzie Blackwoods suspension and allowed him to play in the World Juniors, Zac Rinaldo was suspended in the NHL, then sent to the AHL, played a few games, then suspended there too.

No way the AHL doesn't honor an NHL suspension but would honor an AHL one.

But seriously, Don't you have anything better to do than bring up incidents from 18 years ago?

We are focused on the playoffs here... your post is irrelevant
Remarkable how the hatred by OHL “fans” runs so deep. Never seen anything like it, truly. Hard to be judgemental but some people need to find other things to do in their lives.

@Petes1987 , as you remember 06 so well, recall the Petes were gifted two home wins in that series with the goalie interference goal on Mason in G2 and the 12-4 PP advantage in G4. Am I doing it right?

Reactions: rve24

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Yeah, that Lawrence hit had "dumbass" written all over it. Didnt expect 5 but, im not really surprised anymore. What does surprise me is the snowflake refs and linesmen hudling to get their stories in alignment over a verbal provocation between players that was not racially motivated.

Maybe Gaz could teach the boys some choice Russian insults.

Anyways, we are in a pickle in regards to forward depth right now. Its going to change things, and I feel the last couple of games we looked tired.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
He also thinks Motew skated up from behind and ran into Lawrence's elbow. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree here.
As for the Lawrence hit on Motew...do I think he did the head shot on purpose. Not in a million years. Do I think he was trying to run into him accidentally on purpose to create room for McCue... 1000%.

Otto

Remarkable how the hatred by OHL “fans” runs so deep. Never seen anything like it, truly. Hard to be judgemental but some people need to find other things to do in their lives.

@Petes1987 , as you remember 06 so well, recall the Petes were gifted two home wins in that series with the goalie interference goal on Mason in G2 and the 12-4 PP advantage in G4. Am I doing it right?
Not to mention Steve Downie sticking Ryan Martinelli in the junk with no call

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Only thing I’ll say regarding supplemental discipline is that it’s confusing how Parekh gets the 2 min call against the Hounds for a similar crosscheck and Lawrence gets 5+5. Understand Lawrence is now a repeat offender from the Motew incident. So there’s one difference.

London needs Simpson to not give up any weak goals. Need to be more aggressive on the PK as rve said. Take less penalties obviously. Some forwards need to be better. It’s not over even though it feels like they’re actually down in the series.

Saginaw is outplaying London 5 on 5. Speed and puck movement are superb and defensively they are always on the London puck carriers. They don’t get sucked into the mind games so Dale900’s going to have to try something else. Stingy, clean hockey would be nice.

Not to mention Steve Downie sticking Ryan Martinelli in the junk with no call
Totally forgot about that. I need to retire. ;)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
It's a conflict of interest and many many companies have policies against hiring family members, especially when one of those family members is in a supervisory position. There's nothing in HR or ESA guidelines that would prevent it from happening here. Not necessarily saying it should, but the optics of the whole thing is very bad considering some of the non-calls Saginaw benefited from in the Soo series
How long has Hache Sr worked for the O?
I'm guessing they have removed the conflict of interest you mention by giving him a different role and someone else make the decisions on his kids team. . And if not show me?

And was it OK the Knights DoPD had a kid part of the OHL officiating crew and actually did a Knights game lol.
Is it OK 1 owner chairs the BOD that dictate OHL mandates, or that all owners don't sit on the board.
How far does everyone wanna dig. It us endless in hockey n every other business.

If any1 has more than conjecture, personal butt hurt feelings they wanna share I'll continue to say no conspiracy and leave it at "I need a crutch cause my te got shated" rhetoric. JMO

Otto

How long has Hache Sr worked for the O?
I'm guessing they have removed the conflict of interest you mention by giving him a different role and someone else make the decisions on his kids team. . And if not show me?

And was it OK the Knights DoPD had a kid part of the OHL officiating crew and actually did a Knights game lol.
Is it OK 1 owner chairs the BOD that dictate OHL mandates, or that all owners don't sit on the board.
How far does everyone wanna dig. It us endless in hockey n every other business.

If any1 has more than conjecture, personal butt hurt feelings they wanna share I'll continue to say no conspiracy and leave it at "I need a crutch cause my te got shated" rhetoric. JMO
Each team has a representative on the board no? And they are appointed by the team? And despite 1 owner chairing it, they are not the sole decision maker.

Regarding having a former Knights player officiating a game... I don't recall any controversial calls from that game, maybe you can point them out to me?

Ive never screamed "Conspiracy" the crux of my reply was how irrelevant your HR and ESA comments were.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Conflict of interest is a tough one.
Should no sports league allow any family member of a player or potential player to be employed by them?
What about extended family?
Friends?
School affiliations, religious or political beliefs
All could be considered conflicts of interest.
And yes I get he is a father, so a close tie for sure. But conflict of interest if removed from decisions.........tough to connect.

Otto

Conflict of interest is a tough one.
Should no sports league allow any family member of a player or potential player to be employed by them?
What about extended family?
Friends?
School affiliations, religious or political beliefs
All could be considered conflicts of interest.
And yes I get he is a father, so a close tie for sure. But conflict of interest if removed from decisions.........tough to connect.
I mean... tons of talk on here about Dylan, Logan, Garrett, and Tucker getting to play.

Rolf and his son in Flint

Dave & Barclay Branch

Aunt Becky drafting his son in Windsor.

Optics man

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Each team has a representative on the board no? And they are appointed by the team? And despite 1 owner chairing it, they are not the sole decision maker.

Regarding having a former Knights player officiating a game... I don't recall any controversial calls from that game, maybe you can point them out to me?

Ive never screamed "Conspiracy" the crux of my reply was how irrelevant your HR and ESA comments were.
Never said there was a controversial call lol.
So are you saying petceivrd conflict of interest is ok until there is something, someone perceives as wrong?
So show me proof where Hache Sr had influence over a call?
Maybe that linesman had the other linesman make a call???? I hope u get what I'm saying here.
But having a linesman officiate a game where his dad is employed by the team gives the "optics" of conflict of interest as does zhache. You shouldn't base it on what calls wee right or wrong after a game.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Not irrevelant IMO. I'm asking if hache was separated from making decisions on his kids team WTF else can be done? Fire him, move the kid to another league? Don't hire any1 who has a family member, school colleague, religious or political affiliation.....
The fact people are whinning about Hache Sr in the position is an HR ESA issue

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Too late now, but Hache Sr. should have moved to a different role within the OHL for the 2023-24 season. A lot on the line for the Spirit this year and having him remain in his role this year gives the appearance of favouritism even though they have tried to have him supposedly recused from the playoffs involving the Spirit. Like I said that ship sailed 7 months ago
Is he making the decisions on Saginaw discipline?
What role would you move him to?
Heck, even if ya paid him tp take the year off and appointed an interim, fans would still whine conflict of interest cause he will be their boss next year lol.
The slope never ends lol

Otto

Never said there was a controversial call lol.
So are you saying petceivrd conflict of interest is ok until there is something, someone perceives as wrong?
So show me proof where Hache Sr had influence over a call?
Maybe that linesman had the other linesman make a call???? I hope u get what I'm saying here.
But having a linesman officiate a game where his dad is employed by the team gives the "optics" of conflict of interest as does zhache. You shouldn't base it on what calls wee right or wrong after a game.
Tell me the difference between the Lawrence hit last night and the Parekh hit in the Soo series.

Reactions: TheCoach

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Wasn't an ex player lol. Was a Knights employee who had a kid as part of an officiating group. You can PM for info I won't share here.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Tell me the difference between the Lawrence hit last night and the Parekh hit in the Soo series.

Different arena?
No idea how the decision makers looked at it nor will I try.
No idea what info they had in addition to a tweet video. Was something said prior? Different officials?
No idea cause the OHL won't be transparent.
What's your thoughts on any differences and what is it based on?

• Haha
Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad