London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think if Halts or Semenyov are here it makes sense to trade Gaz, but he is a good import!

How much has Barkey bulked up? I think if he’s in that 175/180 range he has good NhL potential. Might be tough to maintain the speed

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
The Rangers may be in the market for an import. But not an OA import. As good as Gazizov is, we already have excess OA’s to sort out. And I doubt MM would give up significant assets for a one year import. That would go against his rebuild
Agreed. As good as Gaz is he's not worth spending assets on not a huge upgrade over Missle, taking up 2 roster spots, on a rebuilding team. Gonna be a hard sell for Mark as there isn't much value for that type of player, but if there's anyone who can pull it off...

dino200022

Gaz seems destined to wind up on a Q or USHL roster at the start of the year. Zero chance he is playing in London, although they might help him out a little bit by letting him attend some camp to get him in shape.

I fully expect Willmore to start as a Knight, but Medvedev and Finn will both impress which will put Owen on a short leash. Depending on how the OA situation falls, having Willmore as your number 1 behind this team should be far more than sufficient. He would likely have to really screw up to lose the reigns and I don't see that happening especially early on.

Reactions: Wifi and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Gaz seems destined to wind up on a Q or USHL roster at the start of the year. Zero chance he is playing in London, although they might help him out a little bit by letting him attend some camp to get him in shape.

I fully expect Willmore to start as a Knight, but Medvedev and Finn will both impress which will put Owen on a short leash. Depending on how the OA situation falls, having Willmore as your number 1 behind this team should be far more than sufficient. He would likely have to really screw up to lose the reigns and I don't see that happening especially early on.
Gaz has OHl value though.

dino200022

Gaz has OHl value though.

He has pretty close to zero value unfortunately. Unless you can find a desperate team with 1 import and 2 OA's that HAVE to have another roster player than you might get a 15th rounder for him. I imagine they will do what is best for him and release him when the time is right so he can go to the USHL or BCHL unless for some reason he wants to ride a bus in the Coast.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He has pretty close to zero value unfortunately. Unless you can find a desperate team with 1 import and 2 OA's that HAVE to have another roster player than you might get a 15th rounder for him. I imagine they will do what is best for him and release him when the time is right so he can go to the USHL or BCHL unless for some reason he wants to ride a bus in the Coast.
niagara could probably do it, no imports and average 04s, but the market shouldn't be anything more then a depth pick.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
For sure it would be a 13-15th round pick at best. But Gaz playing for Niagara is not best for him personally so I would likely say that move is not made.
For context Albert Michnac went for a 5th. Sobolev went for 2 warm bodies. Last couple OA Imports I can remember off the top of my head. You can get more than a 13th for him.

Reactions: dirty12 and tjziel

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
For context Albert Michnac went for a 5th. Sobolev went for 2 warm bodies. Last couple OA Imports I can remember off the top of my head. You can get more than a 13th for him.
i would say a 6th - 8th round pick is more then fair. london wont move him for a 13th, good give them something.

that said, Niagara will probably give up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005

KNIGHTS ANNOUNCE 2024 TRAINING CAMP DATES​

Category: ArticleAugust 21, 2024
The London Knights have announced today the dates for this year’s training camp presented by Start.ca.

The 2024 Training Camp presented by Start.ca will be hosted from Thursday, August 29th – Saturday, August 31st at Budweiser Gardens.

Thursday and Friday’s scrimmages will be closed to the public but the annual Team Green vs. Team Gold game to cap off camp will be open to the public on Saturday, August 31st from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Fans are asked to enter through the Gate 4 entrance.

*CAMP ROSTERS AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE*

2024 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE

Thursday, August 29th, 2024

TimeGame
1:30pm-3:00pmTeam Black vs. Team White
3:10pm-4:40pmTeam Gold vs. Team Green

Friday, August 30th, 2024

TimeGame
8:00am-9:30amTeam Black vs. Team Green
9:40am-11:10amTeam White vs. Team Gold
1:00pm-2:50pmTeam White vs. Team Green
3:00pm-4:50pmTeam Black vs. Team Gold

Saturday, August 31th, 2024

TimeGame
4:00pm-6:00pmTeam Green vs. Team Gold

Good luck keeping the public out on Thursday and Friday.

Reactions: LDN

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

KNIGHTS ANNOUNCE 2024 TRAINING CAMP DATES​

Category: ArticleAugust 21, 2024
The London Knights have announced today the dates for this year’s training camp presented by Start.ca.

The 2024 Training Camp presented by Start.ca will be hosted from Thursday, August 29th – Saturday, August 31st at Budweiser Gardens.

Thursday and Friday’s scrimmages will be closed to the public but the annual Team Green vs. Team Gold game to cap off camp will be open to the public on Saturday, August 31st from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Fans are asked to enter through the Gate 4 entrance.

*CAMP ROSTERS AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE*

2024 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE

Thursday, August 29th, 2024

TimeGame
1:30pm-3:00pmTeam Black vs. Team White
3:10pm-4:40pmTeam Gold vs. Team Green

Friday, August 30th, 2024

TimeGame
8:00am-9:30amTeam Black vs. Team Green
9:40am-11:10amTeam White vs. Team Gold
1:00pm-2:50pmTeam White vs. Team Green
3:00pm-4:50pmTeam Black vs. Team Gold

Saturday, August 31th, 2024

TimeGame
4:00pm-6:00pmTeam Green vs. Team Gold

Good luck keeping the public out on Thursday and Friday.
Very surprised London would not allow fans to watch the 6 intrasquad games not a good look.
Thankfully Windsor fans can see all 6 of their intrasquad games.
No team should do what London is doing screws the fans imo.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Would be shame if Gazizov couldnt find a spot on the roster. I know what being a victim of circumstance and numbers feels like. He has proven himself and more. If he makes the team better that should be the deciding factor, but it isnt.

My suggestion woukd be go to Italy or Switzerland and play for 10 years. Make enough to retire somewhere warm.

Hmmm... that sounds like a really good idea
See ya....

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Does this mean haltunnen not coming back?
1000009999.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad