London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
im just curious why kids would sign, even next year they already have what, 16 kids committed without any new ones in? thats why johnston never plays, others keep signing above him.
.... because they believe they will be amongst those that make it and not the ones that get banished to Niagara? They're teenagers.

jfacowns

Mar 15, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a still a season holder ticket exchange portal or something similar where I can "release" some of my season ticket for a credit towards playoff games, or season ticket renewal fees next season? Seem to recall there being something like this in the past but can't seem to find it.

Thanks

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Being signed by the London Knights will never be a detriment…. Gets you noticed and the Knights will waive rights if somebody ends up going the USHL or collegiate route.

being signed by the london knights and going to the college route do not happen. id love to see one instance where it did.

guys flame out and go to the ushl after years of struggling, see copeland or humphries.

montgomery only went there after london exhausted all trade options in his overage year.

im not blaming london at all, im shocked kids keep lining up to be the 15th kid on next years depth chart with no promise of anything.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Micheal Levin and Carson Loyd are two that stand out. They were not hurt by signing with the team.

Reactions: LDN

FrozenWookiee

Jul 31, 2018
Replying to the person who asked about Season Ticket holders releasing tickets (this website is so messed up and add riddled that it logs me out when I'm on the last page of the Knights thread, so I can't click 'reply' to you).

In the past, you could just log in to Budweiser Gardens website and all your tickets were listed there. You could click something like "Return ticket", and it would basically give the ticket back BG to re-sell on your behalf. If it sold something like up to 24 hour before the game, you just got a credit for playoffs or next season or whatever. If they didn't sell, the tickets went back to you and you could use them or not however you wanted.

I thought the same thing would happen with Ticketmaster. I mean, isn't their website plagued by "resellers" selling tickets for jacked up prices? But when I log into the Season Ticket holder portal they created, there is a button that says "Sell Ticket" but it's greyed out. So either Ticketmaster or the London Knights or Budweiser Gardens have decided that you can't resell them. So... just another slap in the face to Season Ticket holders. Just wait until next year when we are paying an extra $5/ticket in fees for our seasons. For someone who has 4 tickets, that's an extra $680 next year (before normal increases).

Maybe this will change? They were obviously slow to get this whole Ticketmaster integration done. They just got all tickets on the web portal like earlier this week. So... maybe they'll enable the selling feature soon? I dunno.

Reactions: Knightsfan90

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Micheal Levin and Carson Loyd are two that stand out. They were not hurt by signing with the team.

carson lloyd? what has he done since signing with the knights? hes played 1 ohl game lol

you mentioned guys that the knights have signed and let go to the ncaa, who are those guys?

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
carson lloyd? what has he done since signing with the knights? hes played 1 ohl game lol

you mentioned guys that the knights have signed and let go to the ncaa, who are those guys?
They were signed and never played but found a place to play, one in the OHL other BCHL…. Proving being signed and not playing is better than being drafted and never signing. You will get to play somewhere.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
They were signed and never played but found a place to play, one in the OHL other BCHL…. Proving being signed and not playing is better than being drafted and never signing. You will get to play somewhere.
The point he was getting at is that it would probably have been better to not sign and take the NCAA route. Longer time to work on your game. More time to get noticed. When the barrier comes down soon, you’ll see more of these fringe guys take that route if they aren’t getting OHL minutes by 18/19.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

The point he was getting at is that it would probably have been better to not sign and take the NCAA route. Longer time to work on your game. More time to get noticed. When the barrier comes down soon, you’ll see more of these fringe guys take that route if they aren’t getting OHL minutes by 18/19.

correct, for all we know someone like carson lloyd may be starting a 4 year term at umass or something right now without the signing before his first ever training camp.

its not londons fault, they are doing whats best for london, but why these agents line up to be signed and sit for 3 years is beyond me.

Being signed by the London Knights will never be a detriment…. Gets you noticed and the Knights will waive rights if somebody ends up going the USHL or collegiate route.

im still trying to understand this, who was signed by the knights, was released and went to the ncaa. 1 name?????

Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
How many forwards is that now?

I do t get why kids keep signing given they already have too many guys. Even with just 2 imports it’s 17?

07s thou, they will just be the next Kaeden Johnston’s passes over by the next stud 08
Or 09

why would he sign to be the 21st forward?

thats kinda what i dont get, sign 20 but why would kid sign on just to be 21? he probably could get a better deal next year.

i dont get signing 20 forwards either but its not my money. hope the kids know what they are signing up for anyways. mark is usually very honest.

im just curious why kids would sign, even next year they already have what, 16 kids committed without any new ones in? thats why johnston never plays, others keep signing above him.

being signed by the london knights and going to the college route do not happen. id love to see one instance where it did.

guys flame out and go to the ushl after years of struggling, see copeland or humphries.

montgomery only went there after london exhausted all trade options in his overage year.

im not blaming london at all, im shocked kids keep lining up to be the 15th kid on next years depth chart with no promise of anything.

correct, for all we know someone like carson lloyd may be starting a 4 year term at umass or something right now without the signing before his first ever training camp.

its not londons fault, they are doing whats best for london, but why these agents line up to be signed and sit for 3 years is beyond me.

im still trying to understand this, who was signed by the knights, was released and went to the ncaa. 1 name?????
The world is full of supposedly rational people doing irrational things. Each of those players may have a different reason for signing. This bent on "understanding" is bordering on pathological. Just accept it and move on.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Not on the kids.
It's usually parents dreams or advisors/agents agenda........and it isn't limited to London as much as it's focused here.
What would be interesting is public knowledge of the 50 player protected list, the 30 A carded players.....

And of you sign with a team how long do they own your rights? I don't know. ( a tear, 3 tears, until 20?)
But Fallowfield played for the Spits, they didn't sign him the following year and for some reason LK had his rights as a local? Clarity on all these rules might help fans understanding but I font expect it from the OHL.
And I agree Ohl4life.....Mark is honest with convos so they know going in what the deal is.
I can't say I've heard the sameeverywhere else.

I have always sided with players rights and having options as opposed to who drafts you owns you. Kids should have leverage and hopefully those looking out for their interests fo so professionally and with their individual well being at stake and not that of the agent/advisor. Too many get caught up in favours or dreams.

Reactions: sbpointer

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The world is full of supposedly rational people doing irrational things. Each of those players may have a different reason for signing. This bent on "understanding" is bordering on pathological. Just accept it and move on.

heres the great things on opinions, we all can have them :)

im sure your wife isnt that bad

Not on the kids.
It's usually parents dreams or advisors/agents agenda........and it isn't limited to London as much as it's focused here.
What would be interesting is public knowledge of the 50 player protected list, the 30 A carded players.....

And of you sign with a team how long do they own your rights? I don't know. ( a tear, 3 tears, until 20?)
But Fallowfield played for the Spits, they didn't sign him the following year and for some reason LK had his rights as a local? Clarity on all these rules might help fans understanding but I font expect it from the OHL.
And I agree Ohl4life.....Mark is honest with convos so they know going in what the deal is.
I can't say I've heard the sameeverywhere else.

most of the kids they sign this summer, id bet 80 percent, wont see an a card. they will be on b cards. you can have almost as many as you want of those.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
heres the great things on opinions, we all can have them :)

im sure your wife isnt that bad

most of the kids they sign this summer, id bet 80 percent, wont see an a card. they will be on b cards. you can have almost as many as you want of those.
Protected list of 50 still exist? Or can you card unlimited and only protect 50 from being poached.

Edited my post you responded to as well for context. Always gor kids having options

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
All this chatter about signing too many players and not a single person has blasted Mark for mismanaging his cards. This group is getting soft.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and tjziel

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Protected list of 50 still exist? Or can you card unlimited and only protect 50 from being poached.

Edited my post you responded to as well for context. Always gor kids having options

yes, 50 man protected list exist.

30 a cards, unlimited b cards.

I dont think many come close to using 30 when its said and done

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
With Barrie, Mississauga, and somewhat Oshawa and Brantford the Beast will be the East.

I could easily see Oshawa getting Colby Barlow and Mississauga picking up Quentin Musty and Donovan McCoy.

What does London do? I think we will be fine… Having said that, a great pickup would be Cam Allen. He’s like Isaiah George-esqe. I think Mark will see where the D corps will be at come trade deadline and then make a move if needed cuz he still needs to develop Fagan, Jenken and Woolley but they could make this D corp formidable.

But London is all about development too, so I don’t see a move coming for awhile until they see what they got.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think London is in fantastic shape, 19 forwards, 9D, 3 Goalies. We would be able to thin the heard, restock picks and add a top 6 if Cowan sticks (I bank on him being back after Juniors).

We went to the men cup last year without making a trade at the deadline, i predict the same this year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think London is in fantastic shape, 19 forwards, 9D, 3 Goalies. We would be able to thin the heard, restock picks and add a top 6 if Cowan sticks (I bank on him being back after Juniors).

We went to the men cup last year without making a trade at the deadline, i predict the same this year.
The trades will be earlier for sure. We shall see what the team needs after a few games

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Replying to the person who asked about Season Ticket holders releasing tickets (this website is so messed up and add riddled that it logs me out when I'm on the last page of the Knights thread, so I can't click 'reply' to you).

In the past, you could just log in to Budweiser Gardens website and all your tickets were listed there. You could click something like "Return ticket", and it would basically give the ticket back BG to re-sell on your behalf. If it sold something like up to 24 hour before the game, you just got a credit for playoffs or next season or whatever. If they didn't sell, the tickets went back to you and you could use them or not however you wanted.

I thought the same thing would happen with Ticketmaster. I mean, isn't their website plagued by "resellers" selling tickets for jacked up prices? But when I log into the Season Ticket holder portal they created, there is a button that says "Sell Ticket" but it's greyed out. So either Ticketmaster or the London Knights or Budweiser Gardens have decided that you can't resell them. So... just another slap in the face to Season Ticket holders. Just wait until next year when we are paying an extra $5/ticket in fees for our seasons. For someone who has 4 tickets, that's an extra $680 next year (before normal increases).

Maybe this will change? They were obviously slow to get this whole Ticketmaster integration done. They just got all tickets on the web portal like earlier this week. So... maybe they'll enable the selling feature soon? I dunno.
Saginaw started using the Ticketmaster platform last year. We are able to click the "sell" button that would add the tickets to the ticketmaster resale market. Unless it's not allowed in Canada, I would think you'd still be able to sell the tickets on StubHub, SeatGeek, etc. by using the "Transfer" feature.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Saginaw started using the Ticketmaster platform last year. We are able to click the "sell" button that would add the tickets to the ticketmaster resale market. Unless it's not allowed in Canada, I would think you'd still be able to sell the tickets on StubHub, SeatGeek, etc. by using the "Transfer" feature.
Correct

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Who can do a depth chart?
This isn't ordered by positions or skill, mainly just by age.
fwd depth.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad