Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
You may well be right. But I would give him a full year in the NHL before reaching any final determination on this still young and skillful player.
He kind of reminds me danault in his progression. His game is coming along but by bit, he’s improving in all areas but slowly, and he’s honestly pretty smart sees the game well. I would give him more time for sure I’d like to see him here for at least 2-3 more years before giving up on him as a producing forward

I like a top 4 of:

Guhle - Mailloux
Matheson - Barron

And then there's Hutson and Xhekaj on a 3rd pair.
I’d like to see Hutson with Matheson but I guess they are both lefties eh.

Reactions: BLONG7 and 26Mats

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He kind of reminds me danault in his progression. His game is coming along but by bit, he’s improving in all areas but slowly, and he’s honestly pretty smart sees the game well. I would give him more time for sure I’d like to see him here for at least 2-3 more years before giving up on him as a producing forward

I’d like to see Hutson with Matheson but I guess they are both lefties eh.
How soon do we see Hutson? 2 years?

Reactions: jaffy27

JT3

May 27, 2013
Let's not be willfully obtuse here.

He has to be cleared by the NHL to be able to play in due to his actions prior to being drafted.. getting suspended continuously for being stupid isn't going to make that any easier.
The NHL clearing thing is largely irrelevant, they likely don't have much of a legal position to stand on there.

But do we even know what this incident was he got suspended for? I haven't seen anything about it, so it could be literally anything. It's only one game so probably something minor, not much reason to get worked up about it. Unless we think someone like Zach L'Hereux won't be allowed in the league (who is suspended far more often than Mailloux and recently suspended for attacking a fan), then I don't think there's much to worry about.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

He has to be cleared by the NHL to be able to play in due to his actions prior to being drafted.. getting suspended continuously for being stupid isn't going to make that any easier.
That depends on the reason he was suspended. Where do you get tht information? Team and CHL websites are useless.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I hope I'm not being obtuse here but Mailloux was suspended for off ice issues, whatever he does on ice should be irrelevant in that judgment.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I hope I'm not being obtuse here but Mailloux was suspended for off ice issues, whatever he does on ice should be irrelevant in that judgment.
I think it depends on what he did. If he was trying to go after an opponent and ignored the officials it is irrelevant. If it was abuse of officials (use of force) it shows a lack of regard for others and gives Bettman an excuse to penalize him.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mailloux suspended a game for his actions in and around a scrum.

Guy needs to f***ing get his head on straight.
Shit happens. Depends why he got involved.

If by way of example, his actions prevented a teammate from getting pummelled due to officials not intervening on time, then he should do what has to be done to help the teammate.

I wouldn’t just look at the one game suspension but context.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Shit happens. Depends why he got involved.

If by way of example, his actions prevented a teammate from getting pummelled due to officials not intervening on time, then he should do what has to be done to help the teammate.

I wouldn’t just look at the one game suspension but context.
This was at the end of the last game against North Bay.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The NHL clearing thing is largely irrelevant, they likely don't have much of a legal position to stand on there.

But do we even know what this incident was he got suspended for? I haven't seen anything about it, so it could be literally anything. It's only one game so probably something minor, not much reason to get worked up about it. Unless we think someone like Zach L'Hereux won't be allowed in the league (who is suspended far more often than Mailloux and recently suspended for attacking a fan), then I don't think there's much to worry about.

He got a game misconduct. It's an auto suspension if it's in last 5 minutes of game, which this was & it was deserved in my imo.

Reactions: JT3 and Mr Bop

JT3

May 27, 2013
Yeah pretty stupid situation to start all around tbh and probably worthy of a game suspension in junior. Not really something I'd be too concerned about though regarding Mailloux long term.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Instigator penalty for instigating a non-fight, Meh, whatever.

I am interested to see whether teams try to goad him into taking stupid penalties in the playoffs. With the exception of the NYE and North Bay games Mailloux's had a pretty long fuse.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Well by the looks of it,his previous shoulder injury is healed .
I say he is more of a wrestler than a fighter.The other kid was giving him all he could handle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad