Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Surprised nobody had mentioned that Laf's skate came very close to slitting Bob's neck. Think it may have hit him in the mask sending him backwards. Guess Laf's play took precedent.
I mentioned this earlier. Only noticed it on the replay, but Laf’s heel caught Bob in the chops. After the puck was in the net.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Imagine where we be if our 3 “best” forwards actually showed up this series
Would be boring? Like, ho hum? We would be beating our fists into our chests, proclaiming we are the best! Prematurely?
This series has been strange. A bounce here or there, we could be down 3. A CORRECT call, here or there and we could be up 3.
I'm absolutely thrilled we are up 2-1 at this point. Just have to win 2 of 4. Win the "nothing to lose, and everything to gain", Game 4.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This series is still extremely losable and so while I appreciate the high spirits after such an unlikely win, I hope NYR staff and players don't rest on their proverbial laurels because there are a lot of adjustments and modifications that desire being made.

It's cool that they've gotten as far now as they did 2 years ago. But Florida is, on paper, the superior roster. We've got Shesty. I promise to never say anything bad about Igor again.

But our blueline is in shambles. Gustafsson has been our best defenseman this series, and while I appreciate him for that, this should never be the case.

tlk

Zeev Buium appreciation corps
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
The diff between two No13's - First Rrrreinhart's backhander goal was a bouncing puck (could it have bounced off the ice?? UPD - nah, he just sort of lifted it the best way he could), cf Laf's absolute beauties.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I understand that we're Rangers fans and we all want them to win, but the utter bull that the Rangers weren't totally outplayed is nonsense.

They won because of Shesterkin, with a few nods towards Laf and Good.
So you are saying that Shesty, Laf and Goody outplayed them. Those guys are NYRs. Hence…?
The only time a team that scores more did not deserve to win is if it’s because of a total fluke (and even then that seems to happen more when you work hard) or a blown call/bad officiating favoring them. This game the NYR got zero of that, and in fact had to OVERCOME bad lopsided officiating.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
No.

Trouba tried to catch him in the shoulder but he missed (actually stillgrazed the top of the shoulder first) because that muppet came in low.

As valid a take as your own. Unless you’re psychic and read Trouba’s mind.

Rodrigues should get fined for that 5 minute death scene he acted out before going right back out to play.
Rodrigues laying there lifeless for 5 min and Reinhardt acting like he got shot killing our odd man rush going the other way were both absolutely ridiculous.

Them getting 6 PPs to our 2 were also ridiculous… I’m not saying PP opportunities have to be even, but there’s no one that can tell me with a straight face that these assholes in FLA play such a clean game they don’t even take a penalty per period……
The refs were their usual garbage this game, as they’ve been for much of the entire postseason across the board for most teams.
We continue to be the most penalized group, but luckily we have a Power kill and Igor

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics (analytics).

But seriously, Bobrovsky was better than Shesterkin in game one, and Shesterkin was MUCH better than Bobrovsky yesterday. 2:1 series lead is fair.
Bob didn’t have to make a lot of tough saves in game one IMO
he stayed within himself, stayed square, made the expected saves.
Since then the rangers have gotten better chances on him and have been picking some corners which he’s struggling with

Reactions: Siddi

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Looks like Laviolette went back to playing Rempe f*** all. Might as well try Wheeler in G4 if he's good to go. Then play Rempe again at the Garden.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This series is still extremely losable and so while I appreciate the high spirits after such an unlikely win, I hope NYR staff and players don't rest on their proverbial laurels because there are a lot of adjustments and modifications that desire being made.

It's cool that they've gotten as far now as they did 2 years ago. But Florida is, on paper, the superior roster. We've got Shesty. I promise to never say anything bad about Igor again.

But our blueline is in shambles. Gustafsson has been our best defenseman this series, and while I appreciate him for that, this should never be the case.
Considering everything about this team we’ve seen i don’t think you have to worry about how the rangers approach it

Maybe they win, maybe they lose, but indont think they have any false confidence or sense of sitting back because it’s in the bag

Also I don’t really get the point of these posts. The rangers are a very good team. They won the presidents trophy, they swept through round one, they buckled down and took out Carolina before it got dire, they’re up 2-1 on Florida after gutting out two big wins

It’s a good team. Maybe they don’t go all the way but the constant putting down and shitting on them by their own fans is getting ridiculous.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We ended that playoff streak when giving up 4 or more goals. f*** you streak!
All that proves is we are NOT the Oilers and other teams that give up 4 goals consistently in which they have top score 5 or 6 in order to win. Nice to finally know that we CAN win that type of game.
I hope sutherland f***ing falls in the shower and knocks his dumbass into a coma
Wow dude, thats rough. Knocking him out cold, would be good enough. (Not Larry) (For those who get it) Speak up!

They both suck pretty equally at this point.
NO, they don't. His point is for them to be ONLY -8, that was great in comparison to the rest of the defense, team in general. I think.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
Last I checked Igor wears the same jersey as Trouba, Mika and everyone else on that bench. Why are goalies not counted. We won. Our talent, in total, prevailed.
I love the whole “team is lucky they have a great goalie or they wouldn’t be winning” narrative. Okay. And Edmonton wouldn’t sniff the conference finals without Connor Mcdavid. And Florida wouldn’t be in the conference finals without one of Barkov/Reinhart/Tkachuk.

And just to add to that: Igor made some amazing saves last night, but it’s not like we won 1-0. We still had to come up with 5 goals to win that game including clutch goals from the bottom 6. He was great, but our secondary scoring won us that game IMO.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I would love to think the Rangers tenacity is having an effect on the cats but they're last breath is going to have to get stomped out of them. Love it though, all season our guys have been tough as nails.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jones - Fox
Lindgren - Schneider
Gus - Ruhwedel

For Game 4

Not kidding
I know you're not, and it's very legit. We shouldn't be "protecting" Jones, he is an offensive weapon. What are we going to do, protect him his whole career? We have a game to play with (so to speak). OTH, KAM was much better w/o Trouba. He needs to play, we need him BUT he needs to be w/o Trouba. Anyone else, literally.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Ton of shot attempts and that’s a jarring stat but tons blocked, deflected, wide, turned away, missed.

They are trying to wear Igor down, but the quality really wasn’t there other than the PP chances and Forslings goal off a faceoff. One goes off Troubas foot and the other off Barkovs glove from the corner.

Good thing this was an afternoon game, several hours more for Igor and the D to recover before game 4

Mika’s line needs to be a helluva lot better if they want to win this series

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Sometimes in a series like this the top dogs on each team kinda cancel each other out and it’s then up to the role players. Good on Goodrow and Wenberg for stepping up and sealing the deal. That’s the mark of a great team. You see what happens to a team like Toronto in the POs when their opponent dares anyone other than Matthews or Marner to beat them. A team can neutralize a line or two, but they cant keep an entire forward group in check. And at some point, Kreider, Zib and Panarin will come through with their own big goal.

Reactions: Siddi

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Considering everything about this team we’ve seen i don’t think you have to worry about how the rangers approach it

Maybe they win, maybe they lose, but indont think they have any false confidence or sense of sitting back because it’s in the bag

Also I don’t really get the point of these posts. The rangers are a very good team. They won the presidents trophy, they swept through round one, they buckled down and took out Carolina before it got dire, they’re up 2-1 on Florida after gutting out two big wins

It’s a good team. Maybe they don’t go all the way but the constant putting down and shitting on them by their own fans is getting ridiculous.
Perhaps my words didn't convey the message intended. The objective wasn't to call into question the quality of the roster, but there's no question that this team as currently constructed isn't a slam dunk. Laviolette's coaching is imperative and the decisiokns that he makes are of the highest of stakes.

I've seen a lot of good-not-great NYR rosters buyoued by goaltending come up short. I'd prefer this story end differently, by whatever means necessary.

In this case, the means necessary entail greater use of Gus, modifications to the use of Fox, Trouba, and Miller, as well as the return to a more balanced forward lineup.

We are, for my money, up against the strongest on-paper roster left in this postseason. That deserves attention and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad