Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Dudes don't fall off THAT quick. Trouba is pretty clearly injured. He shouldn't be playing.
trouba has been f***ing terrible for a while now. whatever injuries he has may have exacerbated his mediocre play, but he’s been falling off and fast for a lomg while now.

I think we should drop rempe, dress jones, and seriously limit trouba’s playing time.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
trouba has been f***ing terrible for a while now. whatever injuries he has may have exacerbated his mediocre play, but he’s been falling off and fast for a lomg while now.

I think we should drop rempe, dress jones, and seriously limit trouba’s playing time.

He has, but he's not one to miss hits like this. His mobility took a shit late in the year and in the playoffs. You don't just lose all of your mobility and agility and timing over night. We'd see a steady, linear decline.

He's obviously injured, man.

Same with Fox.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I think the dirtbag Panthers are just getting started and will try to run people. Rempe has to be in the lineup IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
it’s so weird to say but his coaching has been reasonably competent overall these playoffs. a nice change of pace

Hence all of my posts defending his coaching decisions!!! This is LITERALLY the first coach since maybe Renney where we don't really need to question his game-in, game-out lineup choices. I truly think people don't grasp just how many f***ed up coaches we've had since Renney where I think any one of us could question them on any choice.

Lavi really has been a breath of fresh air. Truly think some guys on here have PTSD from other coaches, frankly.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I only wish Trouba hit Rodrigues harder with how this has all played out. I love the utter hypocrisy from the main boards on this. It's f***ing delicious.
The suspend for intent crowd would never look at Rodrigues trying to throw a chicken wing a player 5 feet away from him 1 period earlier.

Even better way to put it. If the only thing Trouba did was completely miss on an elbow the way Rodrigues did we would still have a main board thread about it. Exactly the same as the main board thread about him trying to pummel Necas.

Hence all of my posts defending his coaching decisions!!! This is LITERALLY the first coach since maybe Renney where we don't really need to question his game-in, game-out lineup choices. I truly think people don't grasp just how many f***ed up coaches we've had since Renney where I think any one of us could question them on any choice.

Lavi really has been a breath of fresh air. Truly think some guys on here have PTSD from other coaches, frankly.
I think Peca has been incredibly useful. I hope we don't lose him to a head coaching gig somewhere.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
It’s the same thing as a couple years ago against Pittsburgh. Mika is very good, but not on the same level as guys like Barkov and Crosby and looks really bad matched up against them. Unfortunately we don’t really have any better options.
We need a Barkov.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
If you don't think the Rangers were utterly manhandled in that game, it's kind of sad.

And blaming the refs is weak when a team is pinned in their zone for 17 out of 20 minutes in the 3rd.
I think they scored more goals than Florida. They also had 10 high danger scoring chances to FL’s 8. You choosing zone time is as arbitrary a measure as any other. And counts for zero.
BTW, 5 of Florida’s 6 power plays were awarded in the first two periods NOT the third. And NYR only had two all game. It WAS out of whack. And blaming WHAT on the refs? NYR WON THE GAME. I’m not blaming, I’m commenting. Is that still weak?
RELAX.

Reactions: JCProdigy

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Hanlon’s razor guys.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Trouba is a very low skilled hockey player who happens to also be extremely dumb. When I think of dirty, I think of slewban and his trying to slewfoot players off the puck or messier deliberately elbowing guys right in the kisser. When it comes to Trouba, I honestly think he realizes he’s beat and is trying to flail his arm out to slow him down any way possible, not try and elbow him in the face. I could be completely wrong, but I think it’s more due to his incompetency as a defender, not as malicious intent. But I have no idea. I have no idea what he’s thinking or if he’s thinking.

he lucked out that he missed the head for the most part, got 90% shoulder and neck. I think 2 minutes for reckless elbowing is the right call, but DOPS fines him $5k so I guess they feel the call on the ice should’ve been a major? I have no idea.
Agree 100%. Trouba is inept, not trying to kill guys.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have watched that Barkov goal countless times. There is no way that goal should have been allowed. Should have been challenged and disallowed and that game maybe never gets away from us. Frankly we were fine until that shift.

He absolutely directs the puck into the net with his glove. That is what the rule clearly states is a disallowed goal. And in fact it’s what they went to review on Wennbergs goal to win it.

Reactions: hardnosed

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thanks for all your kind words. Even in death good things happen. It brought my niece who's been estranged from my sister back into the picture. She invited me to her house for dinner tomorrow night to watch the Rangers. She's a hockey fan albeit not the Rangers.
Just saw the news as well. So, so, so sorry for your loss :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium