Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics (analytics).

But seriously, Bobrovsky was better than Shesterkin in game one, and Shesterkin was MUCH better than Bobrovsky yesterday. 2:1 series lead is fair.
If it wasn't for LaFreniere's own goal, who knows how game 1 would have turned out. Igor only let in 1....A great team knows how to win games like yesterday's. If Florida was the better team, they would have won...Hopefully they are feeling drained. I hope the Rangers come out smokin hot tomorrow and get 2 quick ones.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Now that Wennberg scored a goal guess who is pretty much dead last for forwards on the team for ES goals these playoffs? Actually number 2 Roslovic is dead last.
If you factor in playing time its not even close.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Of course this series is losable. We are only half way there and Florida will be an extremely tough out but I would rather be up 2-1 at this point. I disagree that they have the better roster on paper. I think the teams are very evenly matched in talent. I also think Florida's D is overrated. They give up a lot of odd man rushes and get lost in their Dzone. 4 of the 5 Ranger goals were a direct result of very poor defensive play. Woof. Their isn't a team in this league that has more overall talent than the Rangers. Hence why they have won 65 games this year to date.
Just as some of us constantly harp on the play of certain defensemen other than Fox, it would be absolutely the same re. everyone other than Forseling if the Rangers had Cats D-Corp.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics (analytics).

But seriously, Bobrovsky was better than Shesterkin in game one, and Shesterkin was MUCH better than Bobrovsky yesterday. 2:1 series lead is fair.

I will preface this by saying if it was Shesterkin in Bob's position I would complain that he didn't make any saves. But if you go goal by goal I would say maybe Laf's second goal is the only one I'd say that might have been not great, every other goal seemed like a really good shot or deflection.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
He is the absolute worst. I have had to mute every game this series. ESPN's production and commentators are garbage.
They are good eggs. They both did our games when I was a high major DOBO. Used to commiserate with Bob about the Jets.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
After those with Shesterkin, Lafreniere and Goodrow’s face.

I think their plan is to not let Panarin make a play. It seems like every time he has the puck there is somebody on him right away. I also think that the Rangers have enough depth to overcome Panarin, Mika, and Kreider being quiet. Laf, Goodrow, Trocheck, and Wennberg all came through yesterday.
Panarin always gets surrounded by at least 2 Panthers players whenever he gets the puck

He is the absolute worst. I have had to mute every game this series. ESPN's production and commentators are garbage.
I was seriously considering watching the game in Spanish.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Florida watched Carolina throw 19,000 garbo shots at Igor and said "hold my beer"

And these numbers are exactly what I am talking about. Shot attempts mean little to me. High danger scoring chances are where things happen and they were pretty even. That still won't stop the simpletons from just talking about shot attempts and ignoring why the Rangers scored 5 goals.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Now that Wennberg scored a goal guess who is pretty much dead last for forwards on the team for ES goals these playoffs? Actually number 2 Roslovic is dead last.
If you factor in playing time its not even close.
And? For what Drury paid for him (and Wennberg) you can’t conceivably ask for more. (Roslovic has 8 points if I’m not mistaken).

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And? For what Drury paid for him (and Wennberg) you can’t conceivably ask for more. (Roslovic has 8 points if I’m not mistaken).
I think you completely missed the point of my post. Not talking about Roslovic he's been more than fine for what we gave up for him and expectations for him.

Partly my bad I can see the way I wrote it is a bit ambiguous about who I am talking about.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
And these numbers are exactly what I am talking about. Shot attempts mean little to me. High danger scoring chances are where things happen and they were pretty even. That still won't stop the simpletons from just talking about shot attempts and ignoring why the Rangers scored 5 goals.
High danger chances were solidly in Rangers favor after both games in New York

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I think their plan is to not let Panarin make a play. It seems like every time he has the puck there is somebody on him right away. I also think that the Rangers have enough depth to overcome Panarin, Mika, and Kreider being quiet. Laf, Goodrow, Trocheck, and Wennberg all came through yesterday.
Why is it that every time the Rangers gain the Zone on the left, they try to squeeze down the wall. They never deke and skate to the middle. The Rangers have had minimal guys in the slot. They are all on the sides. Crash the middle dudes!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I believe the Panthers are exerting a lot of energy in their style of play.
Perhaps it will start to catch up to them shortly. All the physical play and hustling to the puck like that, has to wear on them
Yeah, whereas we are fresh as a newly cut Rose. (Sarcasm)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think you completely missed the point of my post. Not talking about Roslovic he's been more than fine for what we gave up for him and expectations for him.

Partly my bad I can see the way I wrote it is a bit ambiguous about who I am talking about.
You started the post with mention of Wennberg and then switch to Roslo (and I missed the point smh)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Perhaps my words didn't convey the message intended. The objective wasn't to call into question the quality of the roster, but there's no question that this team as currently constructed isn't a slam dunk. Laviolette's coaching is imperative and the decisiokns that he makes are of the highest of stakes.

I've seen a lot of good-not-great NYR rosters buyoued by goaltending come up short. I'd prefer this story end differently, by whatever means necessary.

In this case, the means necessary entail greater use of Gus, modifications to the use of Fox, Trouba, and Miller, as well as the return to a more balanced forward lineup.

We are, for my money, up against the strongest on-paper roster left in this postseason. That deserves attention and respect.
Fair enough. Rangers are kinda winnnng ugly but I don’t think it’s as wildly out of whack as it can look sometimes. But the panthers are a helluva test and the rangers obviously aren’t homefree by any stretch of the imagination yet!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Agreed. Maybe my "eye test" was off because I was a bit drunk but the first two periods we played with some pace and battled. Also considering we had to kill a ton of penalties it wasn't bad.
The third wasn't great. Maybe we didn't give up a ton of great chances but we needed to put a bit more pressure in their zone to relieve some stress on the goalie and D.

Mika. Almost 22 minutes a game. 13 playoff games 1 ES goal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Why is it that every time the Rangers gain the Zone on the left, they try to squeeze down the wall. They never deke and skate to the middle. The Rangers have had minimal guys in the slot. They are all on the sides. Crash the middle dudes!
It's not that easy. Florida's D can prevent that and go long stretches without giving up much but they are prone to defensive brain farts and that's where the Rangers have had success. They were the same way against Tampa. Boston didn't have the skill to exploit that. The Rangers do. Every one of the Rangers 5 goals were scored on bad defensive reads. Nobody was within 10 feet of Wennberg on the winning goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad