Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm watching Boston vs Ottawa right now and Korpisalo has been very good. We're up 2-0 on 6 shots but all 6 shots have been uncovered right in the slot. Made me think about the kind of defense Korpisalo played behind...

OTTAWA...
View attachment 887865

as opposed to BOSTON...

View attachment 887866
Yeah like I’ve been saying Ottawa’s defense is a tire fire. You can look at ESG stats for Boston goalies and Ottawa goalies but I think they’re apples and oranges, both defenses allow scoring chances for sure but Ottawa's are consistently of a higher quality. And it reflects in the numbers of the other goalies too

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Vezina Ullmark had a terrible playoffs, so bad that most thought he was injured. In fact, his playoff stats (W/L, save%, gaa) are worse than even Korpi’s. GMs take note of stuff like that. That’s why they weren’t breaking down Sweeney’s door to offer multiple pick for a chance to sign him long term to $7+ million. Sweeney got the most out of this situation me thinks.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Vezina Ullmark had a terrible playoffs, so bad that most thought he was injured. In fact, his playoff stats (W/L, save%, gaa) are worse than even Korpi’s. GMs take note of stuff like that. That’s why they weren’t breaking down Sweeney’s door to offer multiple pick for a chance to sign him long term to $7+ million. Sweeney got the most out of this situation me thinks.
Donny one of the best!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I agree that Ullmark's playoff record would have raised some doubts and lowered his value a bit. One year he's patchy, the second he's injured, the third he's almost entirely benched for the younger, cheaper man. You can point out that the injury wasn't his fault, and there's little discredit in losing out to a goalie as good as Swayman, but still, it does give some cause for think twice, despite his stellar regular season stats and Vezina win.

In that regard the Bruins did themselves no favors. The way Ullmark was used in 2023 has been acknowledged as a mistake, then sitting him this year was perfectly understandable in that the Bruins had to do whatever they thought was best to win playoff series, but it still has a small cost.

Did Sweeney therefore get the most out of the situation? I'm really not sure. If nothing else he could have held out for longer, could even have retained Ullmark into the season, especially given that the cap saving for moving him only turns out to be $2 mil. Instead he blinked and took the best offer available at the time. Ultimately impossible to know whether that was right or not, can only see how what we have now plays out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very telling about some that take a trade discussion they don’t like to dump on an insider like Dom who assists quite a bit in here.

Says more about them than Dom
Dom does have the source with Ottawa - I knew that so when he told me early on I was confident he ends there

When he told me Ottawa and I had not seen them out there I was looking at Colorado & NJ etc but not bleeping Sens

He had team but the package is dependent on an extension

Without an extension and the player has one year left it’s a drastic difference in what you get

Boston wanted to pick tomorrow night so they had to come to a compromise

Ottawa didn’t want to repeat the DeBrincat deal overpaying without a LTD

Im headed to Dunks and my song of the day is going to be What’s so Funny About Peace, Love, and Understanding

Also I’m trying to figure out how @NeelyDan could get 388 PIM in junior hockey but look like a Teddy Bear (I guess looks can be deceiving)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
If you could possibly miss the f***ing point anymore I'd be impressed.
Forget it. You can't reason with cults.

Donny one of the best!
He is one of the best currently. His Bruins tenure so far has not be better than Chiarelli's. Not even as good and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean he's not a good GM.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Forget it. You can't reason with cults.

He is one of the best currently. His Bruins tenure so far has not be better than Chiarelli's. Not even as good and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean he's not a good GM.
He’s a very good GM

They are interesting and provide hope & entertainment

We have a draft and FA and many of us here are excited

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side - I have several long time friends who thought the grass was greener and there was a better job, spouse, GF or BF out there and they realized they had it very good to late

I’ll take the known over unknown when it comes to the Bruins

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
He’s a very good GM

They are interesting and provide hope & entertainment

We have a draft and FA and many of us here are excited

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side - I have several long time friends who thought the grass was greener and there was a better job, spouse, GF or BF out there and they realized they had it very good to late

I’ll take the known over unknown when it comes to the Bruins
Agreed. Not many GM I would take over him right now. Let’s hope they can deliver a title soon

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Dom does have the source with Ottawa - I knew that so when he told me early on I was confident he ends there

When he told me Ottawa and I had not seen them out there I was looking at Colorado & NJ etc but not bleeping Sens

He had team but the package is dependent on an extension

Without an extension and the player has one year left it’s a drastic difference in what you get

Boston wanted to pick tomorrow night so they had to come to a compromise

Ottawa didn’t want to repeat the DeBrincat deal overpaying without a LTD

Im headed to Dunks and my song of the day is going to be What’s so Funny About Peace, Love, and Understanding

Also I’m trying to figure out how @NeelyDan could get 388 PIM in junior hockey but look like a Teddy Bear (I guess looks can be deceiving)
I’m trying to figure out why you’d be up posting at 510am

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Good morning Dans (@DKH and @NeelyDan )
Good morning from the most alarming-looking teddybear north of the border and happy debate day!

IMG_5497.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad