Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So short version, Sweeney traded Ullmark for essentially a bag of pucks. Can't wait for next season. Not. It's getting really hard to get excited for this team.
lol
Lets see what the Buy-out period looks like, and the draft, along with Free-agency. On the bright side it has to get better than the trade Sweeney just made and hopefully Staios burns all that incriminating evidence he has on Sweeney.

Reactions: Number8

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
it's nothing personal, but he consistently shares info under the claim that it's insider info, more often than not it doesn't pan out, and yet it's treated like gospel. if it was just that I'd let it go, but he also gets extremely defensive & condescending when mere mortals question him or any of his info, so it's kind of a reap/sow situation.

I don't think the questions i'm asking should be considered controversial and I don't think they would be if they were asked of any other poster claiming to have inside info.
Dude. You just called him condescending & defensive, how’s that not personal. Your constant attacks on him also point to it being personal. Stop sounding like a spoiled brat who didn’t get what he wanted for Christmas. The situation is always fluid, changes by the hr. Dom always mentions that it’s never done until it’s done. Using the Iginla pit/bos fiasco as an example. Saying stuff like “take this with a grain of salt”. What else do u want ffs? If you don’t want his insights put him on ignore but please stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us. Just stop

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
every reporter and their mother was reporting Ullmark to Ottawa in the last couple weeks.

and again i'm not questioning that he has someone feeding him info, just wondering what the hell we're doing here if the info is significantly off-base.

I would honestly just stick to the main board for rumors. They had this deal 3 days before it was announced I just thought it was impossible it was that low but it actually ended up being that low.

I fully appreciate our sources here locally, but there’s just so many more eyes and ears in the main boards

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I would honestly just stick to the main board for rumors. They had this deal 3 days before it was announced I just thought it was impossible it was that low but it actually ended up being that low.

I fully appreciate our sources here locally, but there’s just so many more eyes and ears in the main boards

Spot on.

The local insight is fun to read but when it comes to transactions/signings, I look elsewhere.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

The main board is also full of garbage. Posters throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks. Didn’t see any insights about the deal from you three days before the trade, but whatever. Dom provides details, not just destination in general.

Reactions: lopey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The main board is also full of garbage. Posters throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks. Didn’t see any insights about the deal from you three days before the trade, but whatever. Dom provides details, not just destination in general.

I have never once claimed to have sources. Also not here to step on any toes. I appreciate anny info given. All I’m saying is if people are mad about what information given here, the main board had this deal days before.

Yea but then another backup would cost at least 2 million . Korpi being here is not a big deal and dont know why everyone is jumping off a cliff.

I would have just ran with bussi at $800k or kept Ullmark.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I have never once claimed to have sources. Also not here to step on any toes. I appreciate anny info given. All I’m saying is if people are mad about what information given here, the main board had this deal days before.

I would have just ran with bussi at $800k or kept Ullmark.
Nah getting that 1st round pick was very important. Our cupboards are bare.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Great signing.

You rarely hit a grand slam in free agency like they did with Zdeno Chara.

If Chara is a GS, then Ullmark is a 2 run homer, IMO. Really good cap hit for the value you got.

The organization granted him the NMC & NTC. It’s a negotiation chip, and maybe it saves you some cap space and cash on the AAV, but it could bite you, and in this case it bit them.

They might have held onto the asset a little bit too long and teams knew they were in a game of chicken against the B’s.

The B’s blinked.

The return isn’t that bad, but it’s also not very good (yet, who knows long term).

The B’s typically come out landing on their feet somehow, despite how much we criticize the move in the moment.
Good post. We might no know if he would of signed here with out the NMC. All I know is we got a goalie who played great for us and now we have a first round pick. Bottom line great signing and asset management.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That first round pick has roughly a 50% chance of playing 100+ games in their career.

Much more likely a $4m-$5m free agent signing is going to be of more value, especially this year.

Weren't you advocating recouping draft pick(s) back for Ullmark leading up to this offseason?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
for a poster to be able to post rumors and insider info and have it be considered "legitimate" by the mods they need to show sources, right?

Considering that the most generous interpretation of Dom's claim about Ullmark's NTC is that his source was unreliable, will the mods be re-considering their stance on Dom's rumors in the future?
What the f*** do you care? It’s not like you’re some beacon of knowledge and are never wrong.

You’re the dumbass who referred to me as someone “pulling things out of his ass” when I said FLA would be tough and nasty in 23 playoffs. Turns out I was right and you didn’t know shit. Friendly advice — your arrogance sometimes gets the better of you.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
it's nothing personal, but he consistently shares info under the claim that it's insider info, more often than not it doesn't pan out, and yet it's treated like gospel. if it was just that I'd let it go, but he also gets extremely defensive & condescending when mere mortals question him or any of his info, so it's kind of a reap/sow situation.

I don't think the questions i'm asking should be considered controversial and I don't think they would be if they were asked of any other poster claiming to have inside info.
"Nothing personal, but..." is one of my favorite phrases in the English language.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Weren't you advocating recouping draft pick(s) back for Ullmark leading up to this offseason?

Yes. I wanted to move Ullmark for one of two things.

1. An everyday skater that would impact the playoff roster (top 9 forward or LHD)

2. Trade for Draft picks that would also clear enough cap space for us to sign a middle 6 forward or LHD in free agency and have bussi to be the backup so we could create $4.25m in space.

The Bruins got neither a player that will impact the playoff roster or enough cap space for a middle 6 forward.

I wanted to move Ullmark because I thought his $5m healthy scratch against the cap was a waste. I also thought there wasn’t a chance in hell we would trade him without getting a piece back to help us in the playoffs.

I was incredibly wrong and will eat crow on that. I would take Ullmark back in a heartbeat right now if we could reverse that deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and PB37

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He did say Ottawa all along. But he also said that Chychrun was informed that he was being traded. Not sure what happened to the rumors about Jakob coming to the Bruins? That did not pan out.
He also said he couldn’t confirm it and probably shouldn’t have said it (probably for this exact reason lol)

Something occurred to me yesterday.
Was it 3 years ago(?), Rask had retired and myself and a lot of other people thought they would go with a Swayman Vladar combo. Suddenly they signed Ullmark and I thought it was a mistake.
Turns out I was wrong. Maybe I am wrong again.
This ends up happening more than people care to admit

If the bruins were as bad or dumb as HFBruins thinks they are on 90% of the moves they make and picks they select we would be a 30 win team. Thats not to say they’re without flaws- they’ve obviously handed out some mid sized contracts for mediocre players- but generally their pro scouting has been pretty good lately. They crushed it last year on a budget as far as I’m concerned

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You have an issue with me comparing team wins and losses with Ullmark and Korpisalo and yet you mention to a degree the same thing.
Yes, I can bore everyone to tears with stat after stat of whether either goalie played better pissing in a urinal on game day or in a toilet while sitting down.
My comparison of Ullmark and Korpisalo was pointing out similarities and the teams they played on prior to coming to the Bruins.
Agree. But the similarities begin and end at W/L records.

Even a cursory look at those boring stats show that one of those goalies (Linus) was better by a huge margin. Linus clearly gave his team (Buffalo) a fighting chance to win games. Korpisalo on the other hand posted very poor numbers. If he’d posted anything close to Linus #’s both Columbus and Ottawa would have fared much much better.

There is simply no comparison between the two goalies. One is a legit starter and the other, for most of the past five seasons, has been a very average backup. $3M x 4 years is hard to swallow with his numbers. That Cap bite will likely come back to hurt us.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That ain't no big deal. If you're $20k short on cap space to bring up a decent player, you can always just call up Pat Brown.
That's the thing too. We'll have Korpisalo here for $3M and then when Sweeney doesn't have cap space to make deadline deals or sign players, the refrain from turdshiners will be "well whaddya expect?? He doesn't have any cap room! Whaddya some kind of stupid?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad