BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Tampa makes the changes it sees as necessary and moves on

Tough minded management which is a plus but how it managed Stamkos was disappointing ..,beginning to see a trend that LV started of worrying less about player relationships and more about money and term ( also see Rangers and Trouba and Goodrow)

Will be interesting to see in the long run how this approach plays out
I do think the Sun and low Taxes are very well seen from a player's POV. I do think with time, the sun belt especially Florida's case might be a favourable position for both Tampa and Florida.

Reactions: Bodit9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Absolutely. Looking forward to that day.
It's a message board it's never going to happen. Also miserable may mean something different to you than to someone else.

We are all equally excited for this process to be done so we don’t have to listen to you be miserable and complain how every FA that someone in here suggests, sucks according to you.
I think also people have different definitions of "good". Personally I see them as "good" but it just seems a Cup gets further away every year, but hopefully I am wrong.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just my humble opinion, but he might be the softest player in the league. I’ve never liked him, so I’d rather Donny passes.

I agree entirely about him being soft and I love tough players, but you do need talent too.

The guy can score goals. Perfect world for me is a team full of Lucic's, Tkachuk's and Messier's -- but that's impossible.

I'm not saying make Skinner a priority or anything, but if they get their 1C and they find another d-man or winger after that and Skinner is unsigned and is willing to come her cheap and short for a chance to win -- you can do a lot worse than a guy who can skate like that and will likely score 20, without even needing to play PP.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I like Lomberg, dont think there is a fit unless he flips with Beecher or Brazzeau as the extra forward. Just think he'd make a fan favorite. Kastellic and Lomberg would be a problem line for opponents.
I also like Lomberg, but they just traded a similar player, 6 years younger, faster, bigger, and a solid forechecker, and will probably be cheaper. I am just pointing this out, please do not take this as a insult, many on this site get offended when you don't agree.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree entirely about him being soft and I love tough players, but you do need talent too.

The guy can score goals. Perfect world for me is a team full of Lucic's, Tkachuk's and Messier's -- but that's impossible.

I'm not saying make Skinner a priority or anything, but if they get their 1C and they find another d-man or winger after that and Skinner is unsigned and is willing to come her cheap and short for a chance to win -- you can do a lot worse than a guy who can skate like that and will likely score 20, without even needing to play PP.

they need 1 if not 2 wingers with the potential to put up 20 goals. And they are going to need to find them cheap it seems

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I also like Lomberg, but they just traded a similar player, 6 years younger, faster, bigger, and a solid forechecker, and will probably be cheaper. I am just pointing this out, please do not take this as a insult, many on this site get offended when you don't agree.
I'm not sure I see Lauko as a comparable player. Lomberg gets under people's skin when he is on the ice. Players and fans alike. Lauko never brought that, IMO.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Tampa makes the changes it sees as necessary and moves on

Tough minded management which is a plus but how it managed Stamkos was disappointing ..,beginning to see a trend that LV started of worrying less about player relationships and more about money and term ( also see Rangers and Trouba and Goodrow)

Will be interesting to see in the long run how this approach plays out

I feel like Chara, Hall, DeBrusk and Ullmark would say the Bruins are plenty cut throat.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The issue with free agency is there are so few "good" contracts. Ullmark was one.

Zadorov is a tempting thought but will be paid for a role he isn't going to succeed in. He lost Calgary a game against us in OT when Calgary thoroughly dominated the entire game only to try to a Phaneuf hit on Debrusk. Bruins scored an easy game winning goal as a result.

The size and toughness is welcome however as Forbort never brought that aspect in hindsight.

Libdholm sounds good on paper but many say there are concerns.

Sweeney is in a tough situation today. If everything lines up well then the Bruins are back on track. If he blunders then the next half decade may be painful.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Buyer beware. He’s a bottom four pairing guy who can temporarily do second pairing minutes for short amounts of time. He is not worth more than five million ever. And I was there for multiple playoff games where he scored.
Didn't see much Van but Zadorov impressed me when I did.

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The issue with free agency is there are so few "good" contracts. Ullmark was one.

Zadorov is a tempting thought but will be paid for a role he isn't going to succeed in. He lost Calgary a game against us in OT when Calgary thoroughly dominated the entire game only to try to a Phaneuf hit on Debrusk. Bruins scored an easy game winning goal as a result.

The size and toughness is welcome however as Forbort never brought that aspect in hindsight.

Libdholm sounds good on paper but many say there are concerns.

Sweeney is in a tough situation today. If everything lines up well then the Bruins are back on track. If he blunders then the next half decade may be painful.
Isn’t it always like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad