Rumor: Lindholm top priority and Canucks have made traction. Also, Cole and Desmith will be available on July 1/ No new offer on Zadorov or Joshua

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I'm sure he'll get it from Boston or Utah but I'm glad it's not from Vancouver
I genuinely curious to see what the market looks like for Lindholm if Boston goes another route at center.

Is there any other team that might even offer him that sort of cash?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Guess Lindholm wants 8.5+ as he rejected a 7x7 by the Canucks.

It seems like he wants to play on a good team as opposed to absolutely maximizing $$$ on a bad team.

I think the Canucks are willing to make a very competitive offer but the speculation around here is he's looking at his role on the Canucks & wondering if there's a better spot for him elsewhere.

That screams Boston, and how couldn't it when he's an obvious fit to play with Pasta.

I'd really like him back, but I don't blame him for wanting to see whats out there. Maybe the door isn't closed but if it is the Canucks will likely pivot & throw their $$$ at Guentzel.

Reactions: David71

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If none of these guys sign before July 1 it means the Canucks have already decided to sign Guentzel and Tanev. Players like Myers and Bluger will probably wait for the others.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I dunno, part of me says yes this is obvious the other part says that having a guy as good as Lindholm as your #3 center playing some PP and PK is a nice luxury but the other part says is that possible with the salary cap and canucks construction?
If we had more reasonably assured prospects, I'd be a bit more inclined to gamble. Unfortunately, we just don't. And we all saw the results. Good as Suter was, his lack of high end skill definitely held back some offensive potential from Miller's line and everything about Pettersson's line has already been said.

Regardless, if the rumours of Lindholm rejecting a 7x7 offer are true. It's a moot point. There's no way we can justify paying him more.

I always wanted to see him & Miller get a run together but it never really happened. I think if they brought Lindholm back he would certainly get more offensive opportunity but the reason for doing it would really be how formidable it would make us in the playoffs. Having him was such a huge advantage, plus being a PK + RH faceoff ace.

If he goes its going to be a big loss to the lineup. But maybe they could get Guentzel & maintain star power but make the lineup more top heavy. Either works imo.

Zadorov is 4-5. He's closer to a 3-4 than he is to a 5-6. He's also a unicorn. He's getting 5+M for a certainty. It's so disingenuous to call him a 5-6. He's a top 4 defenseman for either team in the finals easily.

Bang on. And the interesting thing with Zadorov is he moved around so much he never really unlocked his potential until he got to Calgary & found some stability.

I think in Vancouver he got better as his time went along. With long-term stability & playing in a system like we have, perhaps he could get his game to that legit 2nd pair level more consistently.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It seems like he wants to play on a good team as opposed to absolutely maximizing $$$ on a bad team.

I think the Canucks are willing to make a very competitive offer but the speculation around here is he's looking at his role on the Canucks & wondering if there's a better spot for him elsewhere.

That screams Boston, and how couldn't it when he's an obvious fit to play with Pasta.

I'd really like him back, but I don't blame him for wanting to see whats out there. Maybe the door isn't closed but if it is the Canucks will likely pivot & throw their $$$ at Guentzel.

Pasta, easy flights home and a good team with a glaring weakness he could help address aren’t bad selling points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad