Rumor: Lindholm top priority and Canucks have made traction. Also, Cole and Desmith will be available on July 1/ No new offer on Zadorov or Joshua

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
In his last interview Zadorov said he’s confident he could play at a high level until he is 35 or 36. He is now 29. That means he wants a 7-year deal. 4.5-4.75 AAV could make it work for both sides.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ya perhaps a rebuilding team will want to throw him that kinda AAV. I dont see any contending team using 4mil on what he brings though.

Canucks are already trying to desperately get rid of Mikhyev and his 4.7mil AAV that only has 2 years left and as bad as Mikhayev was offensively this season, he was still very reliable as a 2way player.

Mikhayev had 31 pts this season
Joshua had 32 pts this season

career highs:

Mikh 21 goals
Joshua 18 goals

Mikh 32 points
Joshua 32 points

Joshua 28

I want no part of Joshua if he has a 4mil contract.
Right, that’s why I think Joshua will shake loose. Someone on the open market will be willing to pay him significantly more than the Canucks can and should pay.

Glad we’re in agreement here. :laugh:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Right, that’s why I think Joshua will shake loose. Someone on the open market will be willing to pay him significantly more than the Canucks can and should pay.

Glad we’re in agreement here. :laugh:

I dont think anyone comes close to paying him 4mil. There is little to no market for him at that price point.

Like i said contenders are out at that price point, so that leaves some rebuilding teams.

SJ might be a fit if they feel they need a rugged player to protect some of their incoming stars. Joshua isnt really a pure definition of an enforcer though and why pay him 4mil when theres not that much demand for him at that price point or a a bidding war.

I think most contenders would be willing to give him 2.5-3mil

I'll gladly eat crow and ill be very happy for Joshua if he can make bank at 4+ mil AAV but i sure hope its not with the Canucks.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They will have a ton of turnover, which is fine. Allvin built last years team in his first year with no cap room to play with. This year he has a number of options and much more money to play with. I think he and rutherford have a pretty good vision of what they want to play like, and they have some room to accomplish that.

Last years team had a great season, but was lacking 2-3 top 6 wingers, that will be addressed for sure.
They’re adding 2-3 top 6 wingers? Is that in addition to their UFAs they will be signing or are they losing all those guys?

Lots of copium in this thread, that’s for sure. :laugh:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Interesting. Lindholm could get 8M+ as a UFA if he doesn't care where he goes. Columbus would be all over that I'm sure. I've never been able to get a clear read on what's important to Lindholm. Zadorov is easy to read. He wants the money and an audience. Vancouver can give him both if they want to.
Makes sense because Waddell is generally defense crazy. Traded for Burns, Hamilton, signed Orlov and Skjei despite having Pesce, Slavin.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
They’re adding 2-3 top 6 wingers? Is that in addition to their UFAs they will be signing or are they losing all those guys?

Lots of copium in this thread, that’s for sure. :laugh:
Copium, what are you talking about? I literally said their will be lots of turnover. I am 100% certain they will address the weakness they had this year on the wing.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I dont think anyone comes close to paying him 4mil. There is little to no market for him at that price point.

Like i said contenders are out at that price point, so that leaves some rebuilding teams.

SJ might be a fit if they feel they need a rugged player to protect some of their incoming stars. Joshua isnt really a pure definition of an enforcer though and why pay him 4mil when theres not that much demand for him at that price point or a a bidding war.

I think most contenders would be willing to give him 2.5-3mil

I'll gladly eat crow and ill be very happy for Joshua if he can make bank at 4+ mil AAV but i sure hope its not with the Canucks.

I don't think it's even necessarily just "rebuilding" teams that might be willing to go a little wild with a contract offer for a player like Joshua. I think the bigger threat to make that kind of offer is actually those sort of "bubble teams" or the teams that are spinning their wheels and desperately want to start climbing out of their "rebuilding" phase and start to gain some competitive traction.

There are plenty of teams around the league like that, with varying degrees of cap space to burn.

Joshua is exactly the type of big physical player, coming off exactly the type of season that teams always make regrettable decisions on. Projecting an unsustainable "breakout" goal-scoring year to an "upward trajectory"...when it's far more likely to be a career high water mark.

If he re-signs with Vancouver, i really think it's going to have to be a case of leaving some money on the table for a better "fit". That's not necessarily a likely outcome for a guy who has made pennies thus far in his career, and doesn't realistically have a ton of productive years left either.

Reactions: wetcoast

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Pay for the known quantities (Lindholm) while letting go of the overpriced 4th liner that had a nice season because of a linemate (Garland). Find the next Joshua. Trade Hronek for assets to flip. Only sign Z if he is taking a haircut. Anything around 4 will work. If they can't come to an agreement, pivot to Roy or DeMelo who'll probably be better anyways. Allvin has had a fantastic tenure since coming to Vancouver- probably the best GM performance going back to last offseason. I am fascinated to see what Vancouver does. I'd have confidence if I were a Canuck fan.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
They desperately need to shed their dead weight.

Highly doubt the Canucks front office want to do a run back of last years team that wasn’t good enough to begin with.

They are young and have a good window. They should be going for it. They should have went harder for Guentzel at the deadline and they should be doing the same thing this offseason especially when they have a small window with some of their young guys still cheap.

Staying stagnant is the worst thing the Canucks can do.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You must mean everyone who couldn't get through the second round wants to play in Vancouver
I know this is just you 'dabbing on the haterz' or whatever cool thing you think you're doing.

But even if that was true, and it's not, that would still mean the players from 24 teams so...pretty confident we could build a pretty good roster out of that.

Really thought you cooked there, eh?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Knew Joshua wasn’t signing when JT Miller berated him on a nothing play. Who the hell wants to stick around for that kind of verbal abuse and “leadership”. Joshua was one of the best Nucks in the playoffs too. No way he’s sticking around to lose his smile like Petey.

And Z was never gonna stay either. For him it’s all about money. And no way he stays for a chance to get torched by the Oilers for a 3rd time. Now watch him shit on the Nucks when he’s on his new team, as is tradition.
You're just a wrong take machine. Every time I'm reading a thread and see just outlandish shit stated as if it's fact I would say like 70% of the time I look over and I see your skull and crossbones avatar.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You're just a wrong take machine. Every time I'm reading a thread and see just outlandish shit stated as if it's fact I would say like 70% of the time I look over and I see your skull and crossbones avatar.
According to you, big woop. But anyways, when they both walk as UFA that will help the old batting average. And if they don’t, atleast the important predictions are right like Oilers over Canucks in Rd 2.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think both Lindholm and Zadorov will sign with the Canucks, Lindholm at 8 years for 7 million and Zadorov for 8 years at $5 million.
I tend to agree. Both players are on their big money contracts and looking for total dollars. They know if they do play long enough for another contract it will be for league minimum. Do they are both looking for maximum total dollars. Lindholm at 56 mil is likely right about the number. The Canucks can add that extra year to get the cap allocation down. I’m not too sure Zadorove is a 40 million player. Likely he’s more in the 30 mil range.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
I know this is just you 'dabbing on the haterz' or whatever cool thing you think you're doing.

But even if that was true, and it's not, that would still mean the players from 24 teams so...pretty confident we could build a pretty good roster out of that.

Really thought you cooked there, eh?
Just gave my opinion on a message board but...
You really think you cooked there, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I don't think Allvin or Tochett have any desire to more Garland. He drove a solid 3rd line and had a very good season. I don't think his contract is too far out of line for what he brings.
The will have to pull money off the roster. It’s a slim list of available candidates and Mikheyev doesn’t have any value at all. Vancouver also does not have much in the way of sweeteners.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Eh, Vancouver's an expensive city and they're not a contender. Why wouldn't Lindholm see what is on the table first? It could even be like 10 million.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Eh, Vancouver's an expensive city and they're not a contender. Why wouldn't Lindholm see what is on the table first? It could even be like 10 million.
Do you really think Lindholm would get 10 million a season in this league for the play he's shown since Tkachuk and Gaudreau got ripped away from him?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Do you really think Lindholm would get 10 million a season in this league for the play he's shown since Tkachuk and Gaudreau got ripped away from him?
I suppose I phrased that poorly. I meant the overall difference between signing for $7M vs. signing for like $8M. That difference. And no, I don't think he should get a penny over 7.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I suppose I phrased that poorly. I meant the overall difference between signing for $7M vs. signing for like $8M. That difference. And no, I don't think he should get a penny over 7.
Fair enough. I supposed I understand the sentiment, but from all reports I've heard, he and his family like it here, and most of the dressing room has been making a major push to get him to stay, so for a slight decrease of pay, he may still choose Vancouver for non-salary reasons. I guess some of the same reasoning for players signing any where that isn't Florida, Tampa, Nashville or Vegas.

I agree with 7....and even that, I think is too high unless it's the first few seasons of a long contract. I like his game, but I don't see him as a 1C, top offensive player any more.

Reactions: crowi

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree with 7....and even that, I think is too high unless it's the first few seasons of a long contract. I like his game, but I don't see him as a 1C, top offensive player any more.

True 1C were getting 11+ even before the pandemic. A guy at Lindholm’s level like Horvat just got 8.5 a mere one year younger than Lindholm.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I can see Utah having high interest in Lindholm. Most likely they'll be bringing in prove-it contracts with their RFAs as well as having a few ELCs. So they may need to spend just to get to the floor anyways.
Centering for Keller and Schmaltz may be his best option if he wants to make a difference to a possible play off team.
Before the 0 for February collapse, Utah was looking like they were on the right side of the bubble and I was disappointed that they didn't get Zadorov and thought he would help the Coyotes secure a playoff spot.

Reactions: Grantham

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
In his last interview Zadorov said he’s confident he could play at a high level until he is 35 or 36. He is now 29. That means he wants a 7-year deal. 4.5-4.75 AAV could make it work for both sides.
hearing that the last offer was 4 years at 4.5m, I wonder if they go 5x5 as a final offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad