Rumor: Lindholm top priority and Canucks have made traction. Also, Cole and Desmith will be available on July 1/ No new offer on Zadorov or Joshua

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
According to Ian Mcintyre, beat writer for the Canucks who gets fed info by the team:

Lindolm and Zadorov are the top priorities for the Canucks this season. Apparently, the Canucks and Lindholm have made traction in regards to a new contract.

Zadorov as well has made traction but take this for what it is because Z's agent says thats fake news and other reports have been made that no new offer has been given to Zadorov.

According to Rick Dhaliwal this morning:

No new contract offer has been given to Zadorov. An offer was made before the playoffs that Z turned down.

No talks have happened between Canucks and Joshua but Canucks want to sign him. They are actively in trade talks to create even more cap space room.

Its going to be Demko/Silovs next year and Desmith will be allowed to walk. Cole is likely going to be allowed to walk as well unless he wants to make closer to 1.5 mil which would be a paycut from his 3mil salary last season. ( Also revealed that Cole got a skate cut on his ankles in game 2 vs Oilers, played with 8 stitches on his foot the rest of the way)

According to Friedman :

Zadorov's AAV might be lower than expected and he might take less to stay in Vancouver as Z has made it well known he absolutely loves Vancouver and more importantly his family loves the city.

Bond

May 10, 2012
According to Friedman :

Zadorov's AAV might be lower than expected and he might take less to stay in Vancouver as Z has made it well known he absolutely loves Vancouver and more importantly his family loves the city.
That is basically the opposite of how he has negotiated so far and why wouldn't he have taken the first offer from the Canucks? The only way it is true if it is like 4.5-5 million for 8 years or something.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Interesting. Lindholm could get 8M+ as a UFA if he doesn't care where he goes. Columbus would be all over that I'm sure. I've never been able to get a clear read on what's important to Lindholm. Zadorov is easy to read. He wants the money and an audience. Vancouver can give him both if they want to.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I could see the Canucks doing longer term deals with Lindholm and Zadorov to get the AAV down. Miller is in his prime now, and this team is only going as far as he takes them. Demko and Silvos should be one of the best talent for dollar goalie tandems around. They have some younger cheaper forwards like Podkolzin, Hollander, Lekkerimaki to fill some holes.

I do wonder where this leaves Hronek

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I could see the Canucks doing longer term deals with Lindholm and Zadorov to get the AAV down. Miller is in his prime now, and this team is only going as far as he takes them. Demko and Silvos should be one of the best talent for dollar goalie tandems around. They have some younger cheaper forwards like Podkolzin, Hollander, Lekkerimaki to fill some holes.

I do wonder where this leaves Hronek
If deals get done with Lindholm and Zadorov, that likely means Hronek is getting traded.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Interesting. Lindholm could get 8M+ as a UFA if he doesn't care where he goes. Columbus would be all over that I'm sure. I've never been able to get a clear read on what's important to Lindholm. Zadorov is easy to read. He wants the money and an audience. Vancouver can give him both if they want to.

Canucks is Swede Central so maybe that will carry some weight.

Lindholm anything around 7.5mil would be fantastic. He is such a smart and reliable player. He definitely shows his value in a 7 game series.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Canucks is Swede Central so maybe that will carry some weight.

Lindholm anything around 7.5mil would be fantastic. He is such a smart and reliable player. He definitely shows his value in a 7 game series.
I've said this forever. Lindholm is only elite at 2 things. Faceoffs and PK. He's good at everything though. Solid all over the ice. I really have no insight at all in what's important to him though. He's the opposite of Zadorov or Backlund who are very open and engaging. He's extremely private and despite 6 years in Calgary I don't know a thing about what drives him.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I've said this forever. Lindholm is only elite at 2 things. Faceoffs and PK. He's good at everything though. Solid all over the ice. I really have no insight at all in what's important to him though. He's the opposite of Zadorov or Backlund who are very open and engaging. He's extremely private and despite 6 years in Calgary I don't know a thing about what drives him.

I dont think he is money driven, if he was he would have accepted that supposed Calgary offer of 8-9mil AAV per year.

Most Sweede are all about family and environment.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Who are some of the Canucks that would be available to make cap space?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't think Allvin or Tochett have any desire to more Garland. He drove a solid 3rd line and had a very good season. I don't think his contract is too far out of line for what he brings.
Maybe not, but if it's the difference between him and your current top pair RD, might change the equation a bit.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think they really want to keep Lindholm , Zadorov and Hronek. However can only afford 2 of the 3.

Hronek is probably the odd man out for a couple of reasons.

1. Canucks probably see that they will never get full value of what Hronek can bring since Q Hughes is the ranchise player and will be running the PP. Hronek's offensive abilities will be underutilized so why pay for it.

2. Canucks see Tom Willander as the long term partner for Q Hughes

3. Canucks proabably think they can soften the loss of Hronek by signing someone like Tanev, Pesce, Demlo etc.

I personally like the plan of keeping Lindholm and Z and getting assets and cap space by trading Hronek.

Canucks can use that money elsewhere, specially another top 6 winger or 2.

Ducliar-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Debrusk
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Podkolzin- Suter- DIGuissepe

Hughes- Roy
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Juuslen

Demko
Silovs

* use assets from the Hronek trade to get rid of Mikhayev. That will be even more value and reasoning to trade Hronek

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Pretty crazy that the Canucks are looking at so much turnover after such a great season.

Attach whatever picks you need to, to dump Mikheyev. That should be a no brainer.

This team tasted regular season success and looked competitive in the post-season. You need to build the roster out to build on playoff success. No surprise that Lindholm is a priority as he showed how effective he can be in the playoff run. They might want to keep Hronek and Zadorov but it also wouldn’t surprise me that again, because, playoffs, Zadorov is the priority and Hronek gets liquidated into flexibility and asset capital. And Joshua…you really would love to bring him back.

Lindholm, Zadorov and Joshua played really effective playoff hockey. You don’t want to overpay thru the nose but I’d everything I could to keep those three.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hronek is probably the odd man out for a couple of reasons.

1. Canucks probably see that they will never get full value of what Hronek can bring since Q Hughes is the ranchise player and will be running the PP. Hronek's offensive abilities will be underutilized so why pay for it.

2. Canucks see Tom Willander as the long term partner for Q Hughes

3. Canucks proabably think they can soften the loss of Hronek by signing someone like Tanev, Pesce, Demlo etc.

I personally like the plan of keeping Lindholm and Z and getting assets and cap space by trading Hronek.

Canucks can use that money elsewhere, specially another top 6 winger or 2.

Ducliar-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Debrusk
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Podkolzin- Suter- DIGuissepe

Hughes- Roy
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Juuslen

Demko
Silovs

* use assets from the Hronek trade to get rid of Mikhayev. That will be even more value and reasoning to trade Hronek
I mean looks great but not sure how the math works. Keeping Lindholm, Zadorov and Joshua is gonna cost a ton and you are adding two prime UFAs in Debrusk and Roy who are going to have wild markets?

Reactions: biturbo19

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad