GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Tonight is why Jake Allen doesn't play as much as a couple people think he should. Because he isn't that good, and he really hasn't been very good. He's an okay backup at best. But if Markstrom couldn't play most of the games I think I'd try Daws over Allen. And I'm not high on Daws. Imagine if Allen played against Washington like one person was upset that he wasn't playing. I can't think he wasn't gonna give up 7 goals that game if Markstrom gave up 6. We're gonna have to play as good as we did against Utah and Buffalo if we want to do anything with him against the Islanders. That's who I'm assuming he'll play.

I'm not high on anybody as long as Rogalski is the goalie coach.

Why is he still here again?
Just to piss you off.:laugh:

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
This is just a lazy and bs take. It was a combination of some bad defensive lapses causing breakdowns, bad goaltending and some bad luck. Those breakdowns can’t happen in this league though. Teams will make you pay as Tampa did

14 lapses in 2 games. Sometimes you need to call it for what it is. I don't think I've ever made a negative post here outside of the goalie situation.

They have probably had 8 good periods in 9 games (if that). They are constantly out of position, making lazy passes, can't clear the zone, get beat to pucks, and because of it, it comes off like they are disinterested at times. Like they are going through the motions.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
One thing that tonight showed me that will linger all season:

If any one of you m'f'ers use the second night of a back to back as an excuse for this team, after what we saw tonight, I will hunt you down.

:)

Seriously though - Don't do it

I'm with you on this. I don't want to see this again (even though I knew already it's a bs excuse)

Reactions: BostonDevil

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hughes-Pesce
Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Dillon-Kovacevic

If these aren't the pairings (or something like that) I'm getting on Keefe. Idk how many more games of Dillon-Hamilton we need to see that it's not good

That's my fallback but I'm not going wit that first.

Siegs-Kovy
Luke-Dougie
Dillon-Pesce

Siegs-Kovy is really f***ing good and I'm keeping that together if I can. Then another pair to gobble up hard minutes in Dillon-Pesce and Luke-Dougie to hopefully decimate soft competition. That doesn't work then go to you pairs.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
There was no reason Dougie stayed on the left side for so long. If he was where he should've been he would've been able to close on Hedman and at the very least Hedman wouldn't have had the time to get off the perfect shot

The reason he was on the left side for so long was because his partner was doing whatever he was doing and reacted too late. You can't expect Dougie to be a stud defensively, but Dillon is a different story. That's supposed to be his specialty

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
That's my fallback but I'm not going wit that first.

Siegs-Kovy
Luke-Dougie
Dillon-Pesce

Siegs-Kovy is really f***ing good and I'm keeping that together if I can. Then another pair to gobble up hard minutes in Dillon-Pesce and Luke-Dougie to hopefully decimate soft competition. That doesn't work then go to you pairs.
Luke - Dougie is a disaster waiting to happen. It can't happen.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
14 lapses in 2 games. Sometimes you need to call it for what it is. I don't think I've ever made a negative post here outside of the goalie situation.

They have probably had 8 to 10 above average periods in 9 games. They are constantly out of position, making lazy passes, can't clear the zone, get beat to pucks, and because of it, it comes off like they are disinterested at times. Like they are going through the motions.
I’ll repeat. Lazy and bs take. They played hard at the very least and they actually spent more time in Tampa’s zone than their own in the second when Tampa scored 5 goals. Just stupid lapses. Yes far too many of them but there was absolutely nothing disinterested about their game tonight.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And looking at the icetime, I'm thinking It's pretty obvious what defenseman is coming out for Luke Pesce.

And I'm not talking about Misyul, who was gonna come out anyway.

And I know some people are gonna be mad about it when it happens, because I already saw a post earlier that said Casey got a raw deal. So somebody is gonna be mad about one of the guys that's gonna come out.

Unless I'm completely wrong and they superkick the holy hell out of Kovacevic or some shit lol.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Luke - Dougie is a disaster waiting to happen. It can't happen.

They haven't played together much but they've been great when they have been together. It's worth a look if it means keeping together a dominant shutdown pairing and the literal one consistently good thing they've had going for them this year.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Jack’s playmaking and transition was much better tonight. Still needs to work on things but night and day from a few games ago

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Let's look forward to Thursday at 7 o'clock!

Eh let's not Rachel
We're probably getting rocked against a Detroit team that's looking to make the playoffs. Our guys don't seem interested to do that in the slightest so far this year. They got 2 rounds 2 years ago and that seemed to be enough for them.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@njdevils1982

Do you know the answer to my trivia question earlier? Busted Swedish tower of pads blimp goalie that the Lightning had, who ended his NHL career on a PTO with us in training camp in 2016?

Anyone else know? I doubt anyone cares at this point lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad