GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
These last couple of games are familiar bad habits on display. That Lindy stench is strong. The guys who were here last year need to learn to play D, and the other guys are new to the team/coach/teammates. I'm honestly surprised they didn't look more like this in the first week.

What really sucks is that this team just seems incapable of playing better at home. I don't understand it, but it's really dis-spiriting as a fan. Maybe even moreso than the overall mediocrity for the last decade.

Unlearning Lindy hockey will take time

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
One thing that tonight showed me that will linger all season:

If any one of you m'f'ers use the second night of a back to back as an excuse for this team, after what we saw tonight, I will hunt you down.

:)

Seriously though - Don't do it

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And killed their one big advantage which was their team speed. It took a big hit last year and it's been downright decimated this year.

I said it the day that Fitz let Boqvist go that it was a bad signal to this team's makeup being changed and now the dude is playing for the Cup Champs after a good year with Boston but hey what do I know

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’ll have to watch again but I’m not so sure that’s on Dougie. The forward (I think Noesan) was far too collapsed. Hedman was moving in from the point and I think he should’ve stepped out a little to intercept that pass.

There was no reason Dougie stayed on the left side for so long. If he was where he should've been he would've been able to close on Hedman and at the very least Hedman wouldn't have had the time to get off the perfect shot

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Forget it. This team allegedly is incapable of putting together any good shifts. They have not done it once this year and will never again.

The HF GMs have spoken
I wouldn’t say that I mean they will take advantage of the mid teams and some bubble teams but against solid teams? They just aren’t interested in reaching that level or discipline or whatever. You get the leafs coming in over back to back devils rested they no show. Get the bolts coming in off back to back and again no show. But I hear everyone crying and moaning about how many b2b we have/had last year l

I still think this team makes the playoffs but it will be a fight

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Holy shit we are screwed
And Keefe's team gave up 9 goals to Buffalo in a game last year?

aliens-game-over-man.gif

Reactions: Devs3cups

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
One thing that tonight showed me that will linger all season:

If any one of you m'f'ers use the second night of a back to back as an excuse for this team, after what we saw tonight, I will hunt you down.

:)

Seriously though - Don't do it
Traveling to Detroit then back home this Friday for a B2B :sarcasm:

I freaking hate this schedule though. Absolute booty scheduling for us in October

• Haha
Reactions: BostonDevil

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I said it the day that Fitz let Boqvist go that it was a bad signal to this team's makeup being changed and now the dude is playing for the Cup Champs after a good year with Boston but hey what do I know

Yup. You can think Boqvist isn't an overly important player and yeah in the grand scheme of things he isn't but I said earlier in this thread that letting him go was a symptom of a larger philosophical problem.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
There was no reason Dougie stayed on the left side for so long. If he was where he should've been he would've been able to close on Hedman and at the very least Hedman wouldn't have had the time to get off the perfect shot
Just watched again and that is much more on Noesan. He’s in no man’s land.

And I’m not sure what time you’re talking about. Hedman didn’t have or take his time.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Forget it. This team allegedly is incapable of putting together any good shifts. They have not done it once this year and will never again.

The HF GMs have spoken

Except it's literally the opposite, we know how talented the team is and they still look like they're in the old shitty habits under Ruff/Hynes for the core. Jack had a great game tonight, but the defense looked like keystone cops and Allen looked like Vitek in the playoffs. It's just one thing every other game that loses them games lately.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wish I could take more comfort in Jack finally looking like Jack of two years ago again, but this team has jaded the f*** out of me the last two years...it's like when the baseball Angels used to have the 'Trout and Ohtani HR and Ohtani gives up two runs in seven innings but the Angels still lose 9-5' games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad