GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
it’s crazy that some of you are annoyed or surprised and trying to chastise people for being pissed and venting.

this team just played two unbelievably shitty games and got embarrassed.

yeah, new coach, new system, roster changes, coming off injuries, schedule, stink of lindy, yada yada. those are all well and good. they have a respectable record. jack is coming around. two key pieces of our blue line are coming back.

but still, they f***ing suck lately. it’s shitty hockey and it’s not fun to watch and they still let themselves get pushed around tonight with basically no response. stick up for yourselves at least!

i know it’s probably growing pains and an adjustment period but until they prove otherwise (which i think they should) i just don’t have any confidence in this team

I'm not even going to say it's probably growing pains. I won't go the other way and say it isn't growing pains either but I'm just not going to believe it is until they show me it is. It could very well be. They could also suck ass.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
For the talk earlier about how bringing back Tatar meant nothing I sure don't see how that was the case tonight. He had an assist, helped create the Nate goal, didn't get scored on, 73% xG, and 63% CF. Sure seemed like Tatar was one of the few positives from tonight.
Tatar has been fine and is legitimately one of the last elements on our list of problems.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lmao, you're the only person who's been reacting with bogus comparisons and telling them to calm down while other people are having actual conversations about this team.

calling the season over after 9 games when the team is on a 100 point pace is not a discussion. It's irrational panic and shit stirring

Acting like we are 0-5-0 like the Preds.

It's a new coach with a lot of new faces and a new system in a new season. Last year's results have nothing to do with this year's.

And if you can't handle two loses in a row in October it legitimately be for everyone's best interest to either root for another team or find a new sport.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
it’s crazy that some of you are annoyed or surprised and trying to chastise people for being pissed and venting.

yeah, new coach, new system, roster changes, coming off injuries, schedule, stink of lindy, yada yada. those are all well and good. they have a respectable record. jack is coming around. two key pieces of our blue line are coming back.

but still, they f***ing suck lately. it’s shitty hockey and it’s not fun to watch and they still let themselves get pushed around tonight with basically no response. stick up for yourselves at least!

i know it’s probably growing pains and an adjustment period but until they prove otherwise (which i think they should) i just don’t have any confidence in this team
I'm gonna wait until game 30. If we still blow chunks by then I'll be joining in on the doom train just like I did last season where I also waited for the 30-ish game mark.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nobody is making such a suggestion although it’s arguable he’d be in the press box tonight.

All that’s by said is that it’s a bit representative of the direction the team went that they arguably shouldn’t have went.
I genuinely never have to hear the guys name again. Totally irrelevant player. Whether we brought him back or some other marginal player doesn’t change the direction of anything.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anders Lindback?
You got it! That's it!

Johansson reminds me of him because he's as useless as Lindback, has similar stature and size, as well as being his country mate and now playing for the Lightning.

Believe it or not, Lindback is actually still an active goalie playing in the ICEHL (I've never heard of that league) and is only 36 years old, despite the fact he's been out of the NHL and North America for a long time.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I'm not even going to say it's probably growing pains. I won't go the other way and say it isn't growing pains either but I'm just not going to believe it is until they show me it is. It could very well be. They could also suck ass.
yeah i mean, they definitely suck ass right now. we’ve lost handily to every good team we’ve played. they’re just better than the really bad teams

Reactions: Hisch13r

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

You aren't going to believe it because your mind is made up that Fitz put together a bad team because he let Boqvist leave. Your mind is made up and any positive play isn't going to change it.

Good play is a mirage and bad play means you are right.

Reactions: Dialamo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
calling the season over after 9 games when the team is on a 100 point pace is not a discussion. It's irrational panic and shit stirring

It's a new coach with a lot of new faces and a new system in a new season. Last year's results have nothing to do with this year's.

And if you can't handle two loses in a row in October it legitimately be for everyone's best interest to either root for another team or find a new sport.

I defended Jack in the Devils news thread all day yesterday, so miss me with the I'm always negative garbage. I even defended them last year at times under Ruff. You made a shit ass comparison with the Knicks today, you deserve to get ridiculed for it. And ok, lol. Really good look from a mod telling other people that but I guess that's standard for HFBoards

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yes he has been fine I don't see why people are making such a stink about him. Worst case we dump him.

We all wanted Palat to succeed but he's just been awful. Today was meh but $6m for another 2 seasons after this? Please take him Chicago!

He's only making 1.8 mil for one year. There's literally no reason to dump him. He's more than worth that deal. Even for the playoffs if we actually make it there's no reason Tatar can't be a positive presence down the lineup. His bigger issue in the playoffs has been his offense drying up. Only making 1.8 mil and playing down the lineup that wouldn't be the expectation anyway.

Reactions: Dialamo

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

1729649630752.png

You cooked with that one.

It's shitty hockey. Exactly.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

The only people saying the season is over is the usual suspects and you're cherry picking that as an example. Doing exactly what @ZachaFlockaFlame said you're doing :laugh:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You got it! That's it!

Johansson reminds me of him because he's as useless as Lindback, has similar stature and size, as well as being his country mate and now playing for the Lightning.

Believe it or not, Lindback is actually still an active goalie playing in the ICEHL (I've never heard of that league) and is only 36 years old, despite the fact he's been out of the NHL and North America for a long time.

Pretty sure he's also the same guy who almost shutout us on the Isles a really long time ago but Clarkson/Zidlicky scored to save us that win. I gotta find the box score when I get a chance lol

Reactions: Bleedred

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I'm gonna wait until game 30. If we still blow chunks by then I'll be joining in on the doom train just like I did last season where I also waited for the 30-ish game mark.
im not even on the doom train. im not making assumptions about anything going forward - it could click and they can win 10 straight and i wouldn’t be surprised because they’re that talented.

but i can comment on what im watching at this moment and its a bad hockey team that can only execute their game plan against worse teams.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

My biggest problem with them.

All the excuses given could be true legit reasons but until proven otherwise it’s just who they are it seems

As that coach gif says they are who we thought they were.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
He's only making 1.8 mil for one year. There's literally no reason to dump him. He's more than worth that deal. Even for the playoffs if we actually make it there's no reason Tatar can't be a positive presence down the lineup. His bigger issue in the playoffs has been his offense drying up. Only making 1.8 mil and playing down the lineup that wouldn't be the expectation anyway.
Oh I 100% agree. I was going too far with the dumping him scenario. :laugh:

Reactions: Hisch13r

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
im not even on the doom train. im not making assumptions about anything going forward - it could click and they can win 10 straight and i wouldn’t be surprised because they’re that talented.

but i can comment on what im watching at this moment and its a bad hockey team that can only execute their game plan against worse teams.
Spot on.

I'm pissed off tonight, that's for damn sure.

But it's more frustration knowing they can be more than anything else. Just want this team to be good so damn bad.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

That’s exactly what I say. I can only judge on what they have done. Hopefully they change but so far it’s been mid at best. Better then last year but that isn’t saying much and mostly because markstrom and Allen up until tonight helped big time

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty sure he's also the same guy who almost shutout us on the Isles a really long time ago but Clarkson/Zidlicky scored to save us that win. I gotta find the box score when I get a chance lol
That was actually Anders Nilsson.

Both Swedish, both named Anders, both pretty large guys.

Nilsson stopped playing about 6 years ago due to injury. I think he ended his career on LTIR, and maybe even got traded to Tampa, now that I think about it? I know he never played a game there, but didn't Tampa take the last year or two of his LTIR deal?

He's the one who works for the Devils now as a scout. I'm not sure if he's part of the goalie department or if he has any input on the active goalies in the organization or if he's merely just a scout.

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think they'd rather send him to Utica than keep him up here not to play every game.

Unless he only comes out for 1-2 games, but if he isn't playing regularly I think they'll send him to Utica.

However, we aren't too far removed from Holtz being here for months while being a regular healthy scratch when he was eligible to be sent to the AHL without waivers.

But I also think Fitz said he regretted that, and I think the organization is much more high on Nemec than they ever were Holtz, so they'd rather not keep him up here to sit regularly.
I don’t think he’ll be out for long but I also don’t have a problem with him not playing every game for a bit. If he’s healthy scratched for months ya but I think that’s super unlikely.

The whole young guys have to be playing every single game is a load of bs IMO. They go their whole life playing way less games than this and in my experience and opinion young players improve far more at practice and working on specific skills.

That’s why I supported the Holtz treatment for the most part. He needed to improve his skating and if he could do so by spending months working on it with a devils skating coach that would be more beneficial long run.
Nemec is a little different. Other than keeping his intensity up and playing hard every shift I think the biggest thing for him is adjusting to the NHL level and pace and just gaining experience. He can’t sit out for months on end but I think he can gain that experience and maybe even develop better if he is missing some games here and there. I think sending him to the AHL at this point might be counterproductive to that. It’s not a great development league and isn’t gonna teach him what he can and can’t do and get away with at the NHL level.

Apologize for the long rambling post. I have strong opinions about this topic.

I genuinely never have to hear the guys name again. Totally irrelevant player. Whether we brought him back or some other marginal player doesn’t change the direction of anything.
Tell me you missed the point without telling me you missed the point

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Regarding tonight, my feeling was the breakdowns occurring were much the same as last game. Some of it reverting back to the sloppiness that always existed in the hockey from last season even. It felt as though we wilt in the face of adversity as Tampa tilted the ice after tying it in the first and then ran away with it after tying it in the second.

I wish I knew the answer as to why the team is flat at home. But they have to find a way to channel that higher level emotion throughout the game. The pushback once we were down 6-2 was far too little, too late.

I’m not making any determinations on things here yet. The season is young, the schedule has not been kind with 7 games in 13 days, and we are missing two very valuable pieces of our blueline. There is a lot at play that could be impacting this team at the moment. But what can also be true at the same time is that the hockey has been really weak the past two games. Keefe thankfully doesn’t seem like the type to stand for it.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That was actually Anders Nilsson.

Both Swedish, both named Anders, both pretty large guys.

Nilsson stopped playing about 6 years ago due to injury. I think he ended his career on LTIR, and maybe even got traded to Tampa, now that I think about it? I know he never played a game there, but didn't Tampa take the last year or two of his LTIR deal?

He's the one who works for the Devils now as a scout. I'm not sure if he's part of the goalie department or if he has any input on the active goalies in the organization or if he's merely just a scout.

Lol first names got me bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad