Friedman: Lightning clearing space for Guentzel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Its a longshot to keep any player who wants anything near or above fair value

Carolina is the bargain bin shoppers of the NHL and its why they wont pass an ECF
Ewwww……moist.

I think we’re doing just fine. I don’t think Jake is going to be worth 8-10 at age 37. I know eventually we’ll have an albatross contract, Jake isn’t the one I’d choose though I wouldn’t have complained if he signed with us. He’s a good fit. Others are capable of being a good fit with Aho.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
even with all the cap clearing, signing Guentzel would give them like 4 million in cap space. tampas cup competing days are over.
Disagree, they're not juggernauts like before but as long as they have prime Kucherov they will be contenders.

Also I like the moves they've made, the blue line is better than it was yesterday.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Ewwww……moist.

I think we’re doing just fine. I don’t think Jake is going to be worth 8-10 at age 37. I know eventually we’ll have an albatross contract, Jake isn’t the one I’d choose though I wouldn’t have complained if he signed with us. He’s a good fit. Others are capable of being a good fit with Aho.
every team has contracts that age poorly toward the end; thats just how it works as a contender

Carolina wants to keep all its prospects, cap space, and then bargain bin shops for replacements

Id say cheap owner but i think its moreso a management group that thinks they know better than everyone when - in reality - the team is slowly getting worse since the 2021-2022 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad