Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | What Will You Believe Today?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'm also convinced Holland doesn't understand the implications of giving out term.

Honestly it may not be the worst idea. Right now I'd give Smith the same contract he had, and up to 2mil on a 1 year. If he's willing to spread that 2 mil over 2 years, I'd actually prefer that. Considering he can just be waived and (near) completely be removed from the cap if/when his play goes out the window.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
LMAO you're joking right?

the leading AHL producer, 3x all star down there, hasn't earned the opportunity? he has literally done the same as McLeod last year and more than Puljujarvi in the A

Benson has NEVER even resembled an NHL player any time he's been brought up, any time he's been in camp or preseason. of course to some point show me exists. Its incumbent on ANY AHL player to show that they have some NHL chops. In hockey history AHLers abound that could never translate their game to bigtime.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's a good player, he will.
IF he doesn't, it was still worth a chance than keeping an anchor like Kassian over him
He's a good AHL player. I used to be a big fan. His issue is he isn't near strong or physical enough to be a bottom 6 guy and he isn't close to good enough of a skater or goal scorer to be a top 6 guy. He's another Ty Rattie.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Uhh I don’t beleive this. There’s a growing market in the East for guys exactly like Kassian. Someone who can stand up to the Tom Wilson’s and Reeves of the League. If we lose Kassian, we’ll quickly be looking for that player type and it’ll come in a much less skilled/speed package than what Kassian brings.
then ship Kassian out for these said assets, we honestly don't need him. he's been floating since the day he's signed that contract, even calling him a low-event hockey player would be an embarrassment

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ryan Reaves is consistently pugnacious almost any game. Kassian most of the time is MIA. You don't watch a single Knights game and not see some Reaves mayhem.
True, Reaves always brings it, but teams will definitely overvalue guys who can, and can play at times more than an older prospect like Benson

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Oilers have been desperate for wingers and every camp Benson seems like he is more than content with being an AHL guy. No hustle, no hustle, no forcing the issue

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I will buy Ken Hitchcock a new moo moo if Schwartz signs here.

giphy.gif

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
He's a good AHL player. I used to be a big fan. His issue is he isn't near strong or physical enough to be a bottom 6 guy and he isn't close to good enough of a skater or goal scorer to be a top 6 guy. He's another Ty Rattie.
you're writing him off before you've even seen him clearly. I thought you were quick to write Jones off but here you are. Shall we just trade Broberg too? D+2 season and still no signs of development

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
then ship Kassian out for these said assets, we honestly don't need him. he's been floating since the day he's signed that contract, even calling him a low-event hockey player would be an embarrassment
I beleive in the player. I think he can bounce back. Injuries and lack of crowd. Couldn’t get going. But when he did play, I saw good stuff despite the calls that he did nothing. Yah nothing except smash that guy, assist on McDavids goal, score goals. All ignored by the fanbase. Still not saying he had a good year, but you have to see that this guy has a ceiling he could easily get to.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
He played a whopping 5 games in the playoffs. :huh:

He's a liability that's why.
Tatar would be a classic example of a player that just fell out of favor on a deep Habs lineup in which they wanted to insert some kids and give them toi as well. I don't know that he was scratched on the basis of not being any good. he was good for the habs when he played in playoffs, and in regular season.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad