OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was a crazy start to the day, had 3 stocks crush earnings in AXON (one of the best stocks I ever bought in my 30+ years working in Finance), TGTX and EXEL both with surprise earnings beats which you don't see too often with Bios plus my GTHX got bought out.

Reactions: SOLR

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
that was a crazy start to the day, had 3 stocks crush earnings in AXON (one of the best stocks I ever bought in my 30+ years working in Finance), TGTX and EXEL both with surprise earnings beats which you don't see too often with Bios plus my GTHX got bought out.
You still in Netlist?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Let's talk about stocks, baby,
Let's talk about gains and losses,
Let's talk about all the trends and markets,
And the way we can turn our cents to profits.

Nvidia’s on the rise, driving tech with GPUs,
In the world of AI, they’re the ones you don’t want to lose,
From gaming to data science, they’re making waves so grand,
Investing in their future? That’s the plan, understand.

Tesla’s blazing trails with electric rides so sleek,
Innovation’s in their blood, they’re at their peak,
From solar to self-driving, they’re reshaping how we go,
Put your money in the mix, watch it grow and glow.

TSMC’s the giant in the semiconductor scene,
Building chips for all the tech, they’re the core machine,
From smartphones to AI, they’re the heartbeat of the game,
Back them in your portfolio, they’re rising to fame.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
1723465045322.png

Whoops!

China has already de-facto collapsed. Systems like this don't collapse in a boom, they collapse progressively.

Just look at the US manufacturing investment index. it's a f***ing vertical line up. Tells the whole story.

And Canada is next as soon the conservatives are coming in.
We'll replace China's / Russia processing capabilities for the whole west.
That's WHY they are bringing this wave of immigrants.

View attachment 899305

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

To be expected.
Slowdowns are pretty much par for the course in a re-industrialization process for complex semiconductor factories, 30-40% is the industry standard.

And the IRA investments outside the chips act are very poor and not something I would advocate for in a blue moon. They just needed to block the Chinese markets from local businesses (for dumping), that's where 95% of the reindustrialization is happening, the government intervention is completely superfluous on top of trade policy. They should just focus on building the damn infrastructure and stay out of private enterprise.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's been going on for so long and it has been a known problem all along too so i don't see this changing anytime soon unless people like Luis Rossman gets involved. And it's not only big tech. Patent trolls are a plague too.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
To be expected.
Slowdowns are pretty much par for the course in a re-industrialization process for complex semiconductor factories, 30-40% is the industry standard.

And the IRA investments outside the chips act are very poor and not something I would advocate for in a blue moon. They just needed to block the Chinese markets from local businesses (for dumping), that's where 95% of the reindustrialization is happening, the government intervention is completely superfluous on top of trade policy. They should just focus on building the damn infrastructure and stay out of private enterprise.

I disagree. Governement intervention is necessary to regulate the profit-driven and so inherently-amoral entities known as "private enterprise".

And those IRA investments, even if not the most efficient or profitable, can be a great stimulus for economic growth as they are more intended to foster confidence and "lubricate the machine" of private investments and interest in a meaningful way rather than "put the US federal governement in the black" if you will.

On a macro-economic viewpoint, the decision by the US governement to invest so heavily in chips and semiconductors is a bold but well-thought move. Even if their initiatives end up not paying the hoped-for dividends individually, as long as they get their overall picture to look somewhat like what they envisioned at the start, it's a win for them.

Basically, that investment-heavy approach is the complete opposite of years of Cameron-led (same thing for May, Johnson, Truss, Sunak too) conservative leadership for the UK since 2010 and untill Starmer became PM, where they invested very little in big projects in favor of reducing public debt/taxes for private enterprise and the rich thinking that non-intervention and a favorable tax environement for companies would help with economic growth.

And the apparent failure of that policy has led the UK, alongside numerous non-negligible factors to be clear (BREXIT, the war in Ukraine, Covid aftershocks, etc.), to being the least-healthy big economy in Europe last year and at least for the foreseeable short-term future.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I disagree. Governement intervention is necessary to regulate the profit-driven and so inherently-amoral entities known as "private enterprise".

And those IRA investments, even if not the most efficient or profitable, can be a great stimulus for economic growth as they are more intended to foster confidence and "lubricate the machine" of private investments and interest in a meaningful way rather than "put the US federal governement in the black" if you will.

On a macro-economic viewpoint, the decision by the US governement to invest so heavily in chips and semiconductors is a bold but well-thought move. Even if their initiatives end up not paying the hoped-for dividends individually, as long as they get their overall picture to look somewhat like what they envisioned at the start, it's a win for them.

Basically, that investment-heavy approach is the complete opposite of years of Cameron-led (same thing for May, Johnson, Truss, Sunak too) conservative leadership for the UK since 2010 and untill Starmer became PM, where they invested very little in big projects in favor of reducing public debt/taxes for private enterprise and the rich thinking that non-intervention and a favorable tax environement for companies would help with economic growth.

And the apparent failure of that policy has led the UK, alongside numerous non-negligible factors to be clear (BREXIT, the war in Ukraine, Covid aftershocks, etc.), to being the least-healthy big economy in Europe last year and at least for the foreseeable short-term future.
Yeah with laws and rules not investments unless it's necessary for national security (Chips act)
In Canada that should be about energy and resources wealth (competing in the resource transformation game).

Please read what I said next time.

The issue with others IRA investment is with corruption with industries that don't need fed $ to want to make more $. Those are Trudeau-like "investments" from the same gang of people.

Why are you even talking about the UK? Who cares. I wasn't preaching not intervention, I was preaching for clear roles.

Europe won't rebound until they solve their bad set of ideas.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
the crash is coming , the crash is coming, sell everything and buy DJT stock right NOW,don't wait even 1 minute. Become a Billionair like DJT. Buy your own mar-a-lago even better then the one in florida, buy yours in monaco ( no tax) Lambo's are even cheaper in europe. Live the huge hefner life with three new top girls every night ( no condoms ) Dom Perignon and strawberries ever lunch, enjoy evening cruise on your own MEGA YAGHT called " TITS AHOY " ALL THIS just waiting for you to click sell and then BUY BUY BUY ALL DJT STOCK. Join us geniuses at the top of the WORLD. JOIN NOW
:cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad