OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Due diligence process plays a lot into it, I imagine.

Yeah, what happens is that they perform further due diligence off the camera and I believe further conditions could be placed for a deal to actually go through.... at least that's how dragons den worked.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't see a big difference between the plot of John Wick vs the plot of Fury Road. I don't remember either ("they shot my dog" ??? :dunno:) because it doesn't matter, that's not why you're there.

Yeah sometimes people just want to turn their brain off, eat popcorn and be entertained.

Nothing wrong with that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
By pure luck, I found that a new adaptation of the Count of Monte Cristo is coming this summer.

I’ve watched the 3 English language versions and love the last one, seen it countless times.

There have also been adaptations in France. Watched part of one that was a series starring Depardieu — what a difference vs US productions. Tons and tons of camera time spent on characters plotting and talking and less so on action, lol. I had to give up, Depardieu spoke endlessly and it stagnated way too much for my taste.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
By pure luck, I found that a new adaptation of the Count of Monte Cristo is coming this summer.

I’ve watched the 3 English language versions and love the last one, seen it countless times.

There have also been adaptations in France. Watched part of one that was a series starring Depardieu — what a difference vs US productions. Tons and tons of camera time spent on characters plotting and talking and less so on action, lol. I had to give up, Depardieu spoke endlessly and it stagnated way too much for my taste.

Loved the one with Jim Caviezel back in the day. Great movie.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Bro, really? Have you watched things from planet Earth in the last ten years? People are literally fleeing the state cause of how bad things have gotten. Waves and Waves of homeless people and crimes going rampant. People robbing shops and no arrests are made. It's literally Escape from LA.
"liTeRaLlY fLeEiNg tHe sTaTe"

haha this post is ridiculous. it's the John Wick, no, the Fury Road of takes on California :laugh: :laugh:

the population has gone down by about 500,000 people since 2020 because the state got too expensive to live in. but the state's population grew again in 2023, so even the population rate is starting to bounce back.

the housing crisis is a very real problem, which is the main cause of homelessness. but those of us who can afford to live there, it's a great place with plenty of economic opportunity. economy grew +6% last year, GDP is about double that of Canada's per capita despite equal-sized population.

"iT's liTeRaLlY eScApE fRoM LA"

don't believe everything you hear on Fox News. they want California to fail so bad, but I assure you, they'll be OK. you should even visit some time.

Reactions: FerrisRox

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

haha this post is ridiculous. it's the John Wick, no, the Fury Road of takes on California :laugh: :laugh:

the population has gone down by about 500,000 people since 2020 because the state got too expensive to live in. but the state's population grew again in 2023, so even the population rate is starting to bounce back.

the housing crisis is a very real problem, which is the main cause of homelessness. but those of us who can afford to live there, it's a great place with plenty of economic opportunity. economy grew +6% last year, GDP is about double that of Canada's per capita despite equal-sized population.

don't believe everything you hear on Fox News. they want California to fail so bad, but I assure you, they'll be OK. you should even visit some time.

5ff54d32-c3eb-47b3-a823-ab6d62309022_text.gif

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I don't watch American news. The place not only is too expensive but the crime has gone nuts. It's dirty as Hell. During Covid, the restrictions were crazy. My friend's wife lost her hair-dressing salon during that time. I have many friends that left and not for the cost living. That whole thing is going downhill.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I don't watch American news. The place not only is too expensive but the crime has gone nuts. It's dirty as Hell. During Covid, the restrictions were crazy. My friend's wife lost her hair-dressing salon during that time. I have many friends that left and not for the cost living. That whole thing is going downhill.
This seems pretty anecdotal.

I have friends who have lived there for their whole lives and are happy, so I guess there aren't any issues at all. Or somewhere in between.

Anyway, please use this thread to discuss movies and TV and not talk about living conditions of politics of California (or anywhere else).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just saw Furiosa.
Anya Taylor-joy is great but the film is so-so (IMO).
I'm a big George Miller fan, but Fury Road was better.
This prequel is very thin on plot.
Still lots of the same gonzo, road rage battles and crazy art direction, set design and makeup but it's really gory.
Waitt for it to stream...

the new planet of the apes film also sucks
:dm::m-dance:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I love when the French actually adapt their own stories with a budget as well. I watched the Three Musketeers last year with Eva Green and Vincent Cassell and it was decent. Waiting for the second one eventually and this is a nice surprise too.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad