OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I quit on Crave last month. There's very little to crave, having to wait till seasons 2 of TLOU and House of the Dragon inbetween Raised by Wolves getting canceled, a mediocre list of shows, streaming channels being removed from Crave Total, I got fed-up. I'll plug back in once the aforementioned season 2's come back, or if I feel like watching GoT all over again.

How much is Crave? I would probably only get it for House of D 2 cause I watch a podcast right after so I have to be part of the conversation. lol

Reactions: Runner77

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I quit on Crave last month. There's very little to crave, having to wait till seasons 2 of TLOU and House of the Dragon inbetween Raised by Wolves getting canceled, a mediocre list of shows, streaming channels being removed from Crave Total, I got fed-up. I'll plug back in once the aforementioned season 2's come back, or if I feel like watching GoT all over again.
I've been thinking about it for months now , the quality went downhill over the last few years , that's crazy ...
I don’t know about Crave but are we not in a lull on account of the writers’ strike?
.... and that's the only reason i kept crave , i wait and hope that once the strike is over the quality will get up.

In the mean time , i got Disney + for 1.99$ for 3 months , it.s giving me time to decide what i will do with crave

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I've been thinking about it for months now , the quality went downhill over the last few years , that's crazy ...

.... and that's the only reason i kept crave , i wait and hope that once the strike is over the quality will get up.

In the mean time , i got Disney + for 1.99$ for 3 months , it.s giving me time to decide what i will do with crave

Removing the streaming channels really killed it for me. I let it slide for a few months and the wife wanted to finish the Sex and the City sequel, but as soon as that was over I cancelled.

I had Disney for the last few years through someone else's sub, but she cancelled it 6 months ago and I didn't bother with it, until, like you, I saw the initial 3 month price a week or so ago, so I took it up. Now, I'm not sure if it was because I was stuck on a PG14 account, but there seems to be a lot more stuff now. Almost all the fox movies and shows are there. Got plenty of stuff to watch. Finally got to finish Loki, which I really liked.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Last night, I watched the very first episode of The Continental on Prime and I think we have a winner if the series is as good as the first episode.

The Continental rings a bell, you say? Seems oddly familiar? Is it about a buffet restaurant? A voyaging ship? Actually if the name sounds familiar, it's because it's the Continental from the John Wick movies. Yes, that Continental. The historical Flatiron.

First off, it's a prequel series that follows Winston in his early pre-Continental grand poopah days. The story has some modern GoT vibes. A lot of interesting, intersecting characters and stories, sex, violence and scheming. I don't particularly like the John Wick movies, although I've seen all 4 movies, even the last two ones in theater. I don't particularly like John Wick. The character, that is, but the underworld universe they've created around him since the sequel, I really really like, so this is right up my alley.

Cast is strong, set and cinematography are good. Contrarily to John Wick, it actually has an interesting story other than some unstoppable god-like hitman flashing through a flurry of punches and bullets. It's a lot more about conmen than assassins, this time around. There's also Mel Gibson, as Cormac, the then owner of the Continental. He still has it. Getting blacklisted out of hollywood has been sort of liberating for him, acting-wise. More free to pick-up interesting roles outside of what he usually received as an A-list. I had recently seen him in On the Line, which was original and good.

It's a three part series, around 90 minutes for ep 1, so a mini-trilogy. I guess it'll end there, as I presume Winston takes control of the Continental by the end of it. Not expecting a follow-up, but you never know. It's from the creators of John Wick, afterall.

Reactions: Runner77 and Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
20 something per month

It's way too much for what they now offer.
Plus they have the worst interface Ive ever seen. It's as slow as Gallagher after a 15 second shift.

Last night, I watched the very first episode of The Continental on Prime and I think we have a winner if the series is as good as the first episode.

The Continental rings a bell, you say? Seems oddly familiar? Is it about a buffet restaurant? A voyaging ship? Actually if the name sounds familiar, it's because it's the Continental from the John Wick movies. Yes, that Continental. The historical Flatiron.

First off, it's a prequel series that follows Winston in his early pre-Continental grand poopah days. The story has some modern GoT vibes. A lot of interesting, intersecting characters and stories, sex, violence and scheming. I don't particularly like the John Wick movies, although I've seen all 4 movies, even the last two ones in theater. I don't particularly like John Wick. The character, that is, but the underworld universe they've created around him since the sequel, I really really like, so this is right up my alley.

Cast is strong, set and cinematography are good. Contrarily to John Wick, it actually has an interesting story other than some unstoppable god-like hitman flashing through a flurry of punches and bullets. It's a lot more about conmen than assassins, this time around. There's also Mel Gibson, as Cormac, the then owner of the Continental. He still has it. Getting blacklisted out of hollywood has been sort of liberating for him, acting-wise. More free to pick-up interesting roles outside of what he usually received as an A-list. I had recently seen him in On the Line, which was original and good.

It's a three part series, around 90 minutes for ep 1, so a mini-trilogy. I guess it'll end there, as I presume Winston takes control of the Continental by the end of it. Not expecting a follow-up, but you never know. It's from the creators of John Wick, afterall.
Nice, Ill add it to my list. They need to advertise better because I had no idea this was even a thing, lol.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Sigh...
Jokes on me for giving any sort of money for a streaming service. Back to the high seas I go!!! I don't see the downside of just streaming every single piece of media content ever made illegally honnestly. Everything is a simple google search away

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Jokes on me for giving any sort of money for a streaming service. Back to the high seas I go!!! I don't see the downside of just streaming every single piece of media content ever made illegally honnestly. Everything is a simple google search away

I'm in wait and see mode on this one, mostly because I always considered Prime Video as a throw-in for Prime membership and I'm 90% certain I'll be able to nuke the ads like I do everywhere else. Still annoying to have to jump through hoops when I'm paying for the service in the first place.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Fauda season 4: 7.8/10 good season

The Covenant: 7.8/10 very good war movie with great action, great acting and good music score.

Past lives: 7.5/10 good movie that miss a little something to be a great movie.

fargo season 4: 7.5/10 good season

derry girls: 7.5/10 good teenage comedy serie

the witcher season 3: 7.3/10 you know you are doing something wrong when the lead character is walking away from the project.

sex education final season : 7/10 the show jump the shark with almost every kid being a member of the LGBTQ+ community, handicapped or both at the same time.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Fauda season 4: 7.8/10 good season

The Covenant: 7.8/10 very good war movie with great action, great acting and good music score.

Past lives: 7.5/10 good movie that miss a little something to be a great movie.

fargo season 4: 7.5/10 good season

derry girls: 7.5/10 good teenage comedy serie

the witcher season 3: 7.3/10 you know you are doing something wrong when the lead character is walking away from the project.

sex education final season : 7/10 the show jump the shark with almost every kid being a member of the LGBTQ+ community, handicapped or both at the same time.
Don't know the others but The Covenant was terrible,boring and so inaccurate and Fargo season 4 was also terrible.

Even seeing her at 20 I'd rather hump a tree stump.
I wonder if you realize how sick and perverted that sounds,right.lol

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
As much as a tree stump will always do in a pinch, un-doctored Jennifer Coolidge was a nice looking lady. Almost everyone in Hollywood turns their face to ground beef, she just got ahead of the curve :(

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I was re-watching American Pie yesterday and realized i'm now older than Stifler's mom :eek3:
Stiflers Mom GIFs | Tenor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad