OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'd agree. Although polar bears I'm pretty sure are the largest and most formidable land carnivore on the planet. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Elephants are lucky, because once they've grown, they have removed themselves from being a prey to anything due to size alone. (with the obvious exception of us little mammals, also injury sickness etc.)

They are the sauropods of our age.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Elephants. A bear wouldn't stand a chance. Not only are they bigger and stronger, they're also much smarter and rarely alone, contrarily to bears.

There's nothing more dangerous on land (outside of humans) than an elephant stampede.

Second is bears, third, I'd pick hippos over lions.

And yet it's the prolific mosquito that causes many more deaths than those magnificent animals in total.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My money's on this guy. Deadly.

Southern_Cassowary_7071.jpg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks right, I completely forgot about those vegetarians. :) Also forgot about hippos, they are extremely dangerous as well.

According to these safari guides (I follow these live as well) the hippo and the croc kill the most people in Africa. If there is a hippo around they go large circles around it when they do they walking on foot safaris. If they meet Ellies as they are called they go to a higher elevation. Elephants if they go into attaching mode can obviously do the most damage given their strength but they are less aggressive normally. These guys are used to animals but I bet he needed a change of undies after this.

Edit: It starts about a minute into the video.

or here when one of these tourists started staring at a young elephant bull and the elephant felt challenged. I keep laughing because the guy with the camera keeps laughing, it's the same guy who whispers: "It's another boy, a big boy!"

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
According to these safari guides (I follow these live as wells) the hippo and the croc kill the most people in Africa. If there is a hippo around they go large circles around it when they do they walking on foot safaris. If they meet Ellies as they are called they go to a higher elevation. Elephants if they go into attaching mode can obviously do the most damage given their strength but they are less aggressive normally. These guys are used to animals but I bet he needed a change of undies after this.

or here when one of these tourists started staring at a young elephant bull and the elephant felt challenged. I keep laughing because the guy with the camera keeps laughing, it's the same guy who whispers: "It's another boy, a big boy!"

That second video was funny, you can see them trying to avoid eye contact at the beginning, looks like the elephant was just playing with them, otherwise he could have easily killed them.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
According to these safari guides (I follow these live as wells) the hippo and the croc kill the most people in Africa. If there is a hippo around they go large circles around it when they do they walking on foot safaris. If they meet Ellies as they are called they go to a higher elevation. Elephants if they go into attaching mode can obviously do the most damage given their strength but they are less aggressive normally. These guys are used to animals but I bet he needed a change of undies after this.

And people worry about sharks!:laugh: Crocs and snakes kill so many people that go unreported.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
That second video was funny, you can see them trying to avoid eye contact at the beginning, looks like the elephant was just playing with them, otherwise he could have easily killed them.

Exactly! That was a just a recommendation from a young elephant bull. "Hey matey, can you back up that kind of staring." Here's what I do when I get a little bit annoyed, if I get angry the house would be gone as well.

Reactions: Forum93

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Pound for pound,wolverine and badgers can be pretty intense when you see them going at it! :eek2:

A wolverine can definitely be a good fight for a black bear, a wolf or a cougar the aggressiveness and toughness can definitely win a fight. Of course it won't work with the larger bears, 600 kg bear against a 15-20 kg wolverine will probably last a very short time. Look at bear 634 Popey's muscular front legs. Imagine a swipe!

D9jAxMNVUAA5Ivv.jpg

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Although You've Got Mail looks dated now it was kind of "ahead" of its time which is rare for a romantic comedy. I remember back then many people laughing at the idea of meeting the loved one online. Many many people did not even have internet in 1998. I don't know why it's a very kitch and predictable movie but it remains one of my favorite romantic comedy.

If its on TV, i ALWAYS make time for it, theres something about that movie youre right, i just love it too. Just like how Meg Ryan is in this movie, cute as a button
Also lol @ Dave Chapelle playing Hanks best friend lol

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Im about the same, Waititi cant make a bad film if he tried so im very curious, For those who dont know Waititi also made Thor 2, Jojo Rabbit and is finishing Thor 4 before getting this Star Wars thing going

You mean Thor 3!

Reactions: Redux91

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If its on TV, i ALWAYS make time for it, theres something about that movie youre right, i just love it too. Just like how Meg Ryan is in this movie, cute as a button
Also lol @ Dave Chapelle playing Hanks best friend lol

I agree, buy why did she try to fix something that did not needed fixing, her face!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I stopped watching JJR after 20 minutes. I've seen better.

Ahh you should give it another chance, its really really good
The little jewish girl is, i mean, shes riveting its crazy lol, she steals every scene shes in
The kids amazing
And Rockwell is just plain good in everything

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
According to these safari guides (I follow these live as well) the hippo and the croc kill the most people in Africa. If there is a hippo around they go large circles around it when they do they walking on foot safaris. If they meet Ellies as they are called they go to a higher elevation. Elephants if they go into attaching mode can obviously do the most damage given their strength but they are less aggressive normally. These guys are used to animals but I bet he needed a change of undies after this.

That guy should have had his truck flipped over by that “old girl”, just for having referred to her as an “elli”. :sarcasm:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A wolverine can definitely be a good fight for a black bear, a wolf or a cougar the aggressiveness and toughness can definitely win a fight. Of course it won't work with the larger bears, 600 kg bear against a 15-20 kg wolverine will probably last a very short time. Look at bear 634 Popey's muscular front legs. Imagine a swipe!

D9jAxMNVUAA5Ivv.jpg

maybe he could even take down the champ!

upload_2020-6-23_20-47-15.jpeg

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

he just wanted to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: