OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Deadpool 3 + Into The Spider-Verse 2 + John Wick 4

And you?

Ea-dp9PX0AQhRcf

Mission Impossible 7
John Wick 4

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

The bear cams have opened today, the big boars usually arrive at the beginning of July. That is when the dominance game starts. We have 2 pools at work, will bear 503 be as big as his father (856) this year and will he be his usual lovable charmer and play with the other bears.

Who will be the most dominant bear this summer, 856, 68 or 747? My 10 dollars picked bear 68, the second picture.

bear-68_wide-cc5fdd0a63ed80990978bfecdd37457732dd55db_t800.jpg

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

The bear cams have opened today, the big boars usually arrive at the beginning of July. That is when the dominance game starts. We have 2 pools as work, will bear 503 be as big as his father (856) this year and will he be his usual lovable charmer and play with the other bears.

Who will be the most dominant bear this summer, 856, 68 or 747? My 10 dollars picked bear 68, the second picture.

bear-68_wide-cc5fdd0a63ed80990978bfecdd37457732dd55db_t800.jpg

Awesome beasts, I assume they are grizzlies?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Awesome beasts, I assume they are grizzlies?

They are brown bears and the grizzly is a sub species of brown bears. I know it's hard to believe but these brown bears are at least 50% larger than grizzlies and some of the largest boars are twice as large as the largest grizzly boars. Grizzlies are more aggressive, mainly because they hunt much more since they don't have access to the abundance of fish and food are harder to come by. Yes there are grizzlies that catch trout like in Yellowstone but they don't have access to the sea where the salmon enter from. These guys are hardly non aggressive. For instance they tend to dominate let's say a whale carcass over polar bears and mate with them too. There are several videos showing these guys can move a polar bear from a good eating spot. Here is a fight that I won money on from last July, it is a shortened version but after all that fighting and even bleeding a bit, the bear who lost the fight (747) was seen an hour later catching salmon like nothing happened. 68 is the bear who won the fight. It starts at around 1:08, 747 is in the Jacuzzi (from now on called J) where you need skill but can catch a lot of salmon, these salmons are about 4,000 calories when they arrive from the sea so when there is a younger or smaller bear the 3 big guys just have to show up and they move away quickly so 68 is approaching a bit aggressive and jumps into the area next to the J, both do a lot of posturing and flapping their gums (if I would see a bear doing that in nature and if the bear is somewhat close I would start climbing a tree if possible) The biggest boars do not climb.

I really like 68, he is a full grown 600 Kgs (in the fall) very large boar but he also still play at times with the younger bears, especially with 503 who is number one in popularity because his amazing cubhood. He is most likely the son of bear 856 who has been the most dominating bear since 2012 and he does not play with younger bears. Even though he is the father of 503 he chased away 503 to be able to mate with his Mom. 503 spent a long time up in a tree bawling and after 2 days where everybody expected him to be killed by one of the large boars he approached a female with a cub and could have gotten killed by that female as well. But she let him stay around and adopted him which happens but those occasions are very rare. So he spent the hibernation with his new family and played a lot with his step sister coming summer, then another hibernation. Then both were emancipated the following spring. 503 is growing up to be a giant bear but he is also the most socially skilled bear. He plays with everybody and feed the masses at times because he's a skilled fisher so subadults know that he won't kill them and they beg for scraps and he is very generous to be a wild animal. Now 68 seems to have a crush on 503, sometimes he gets so happy that he lets 503 take over his fishing spot. I rarely watch the live cam apart from a few times (I check in to see which bears are there) and I basically watch the highlights in the evening. My guess is that you would probably like this with your curiousness. Here's 68 and 503 playing. 503 was born in 2013 and 68 was born 2004. They get into their prime at around 12-15 years and can live to 30 in the wild.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If it's Alaska, they be Kodiak.

Almost, 10,000 years ago Kodiak was not an island and was populated by these type of brown bears, then the ice melted and made Kodiak an island and the brown bears already on the island became Kodiak Bears. They are slightly larger than these guys because they had even better access to food but DNA wise they are the same.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
They are brown bears and the grizzly is a sub species of brown bears. I know it's hard to believe but these brown bears are at least 50% larger than grizzlies and some of the largest boars are twice as large as the largest grizzly boars. Grizzlies are more aggressive, mainly because they hunt much more since they don't have access to the abundance of fish and food are harder to come by. Yes there are grizzlies that catch trout like in Yellowstone but they don't have access to the sea where the salmon enter from. These guys are hardly non aggressive. For instance they tend to dominate let's say a whale carcass over polar bears and mate with them too. There are several videos showing these guys can move a polar bear from a good eating spot. Here is a fight that I won money on from last July, it is a shortened version but after all that fighting and even bleeding a bit, the bear who lost the fight (747) was seen an hour later catching salmon like nothing happened. 68 is the bear who won the fight. It starts at around 1:08, 747 is in the Jacuzzi (from now on called J) where you need skill but can catch a lot of salmon, these salmons are about 4,000 calories when they arrive from the sea so when there is a younger or smaller bear the 3 big guys just have to show up and they move away quickly so 68 is approaching a bit aggressive and jumps into the area next to the J, both do a lot of posturing and flapping their gums (if I would see a bear doing that in nature and if the bear is somewhat close I would start climbing a tree if possible) The biggest boars do not climb.

I really like 68, he is a full grown 600 Kgs (in the fall) very large boar but he also still play at times with the younger bears, especially with 503 who is number one in popularity because his amazing cubhood. He is most likely the son of bear 856 who has been the most dominating bear since 2012 and he does not play with younger bears. Even though he is the father of 503 he chased away 503 to be able to mate with his Mom. 503 spent a long time up in a tree bawling and after 2 days where everybody expected him to be killed by one of the large boars he approached a female with a cub and could have gotten killed by that female as well. But she let him stay around and adopted him which happens but those occasions are very rare. So he spent the hibernation with his new family and played a lot with his step sister coming summer, then another hibernation. Then both were emancipated the following spring. 503 is growing up to be a giant bear but he is also the most socially skilled bear. He plays with everybody and feed the masses at times because he's a skilled fisher so subadults know that he won't kill them and they beg for scraps and he is very generous to be a wild animal. Now 68 seems to have a crush on 503, sometimes he gets so happy that he lets 503 take over his fishing spot. I rarely watch the live cam apart from a few times (I check in to see which bears are there) and I basically watch the highlights in the evening. My guess is that you would probably like this with your curiousness. Here's 68 and 503 playing. 503 was born in 2013 and 68 was born 2004. They get into their prime at around 12-15 years and can live to 30 in the wild.

That's great stuff Per! Thank you for sharing!!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I don't know what that is. It's really a black bear that isn't so black in color, has a blue hue in it.

That's correct, they are a subspecies of the Black Bear the same way Grizzlies are subspecies of Brown Bears. The reason we know that is that the bears originated in Eurasia, then 40-50,000 years ago a land bridge was created during colder climate and the Brown Bears and the Asian Black Bears started entering North America. Then when the inland ice started melting again the direct contact with Asia was broken up.From the Asian Black Bear became what is now known as the Black Bear. Similar thing happened with the Brown Bears, in certain inland areas the Grizzly Bear came about, smaller but more aggressive due to availability of food or lack thereof and competition. Further north the Brown Bears became Polar Bears, eventually adapted to live on the ice.

The Grizzly, the Polar Bear and the Brown Bears can all get impregnated with each other where the offspring is fertile, that is how close they still are.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Deadpool 3 + Into The Spider-Verse 2 + John Wick 4

And you?

Ea-dp9PX0AQhRcf

Thor Love and Thunder - that's the one I care about the most, by far. The rest are all so-so
Indiana Jones 5 i'd probably go this #2
Mission Impossible 7 - probably #3

Avatar was ok - biggest thing i'm excited about for Avatar 2 is box office potential, and how it compares to the first. The movie itself i'm sure will be fine.
I've never seen the Flash - i feel like i'd love the movie, but since i'm not directly exposed to content yet i'm fine skipping.

I expected this to be more difficult, but it didn't hit some of the movies i'm most excited about, so i lucked out

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Impressive animals, without checking I'd bet they are probably the most formidable land animals on the planet.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Impressive animals, without checking I'd bet they are probably the most formidable land animals on the planet.

Elephants. A bear wouldn't stand a chance. Not only are they bigger and stronger, they're also much smarter and rarely alone, contrarily to bears.

There's nothing more dangerous on land (outside of humans) than an elephant stampede.

Second is bears, third, I'd pick hippos over lions.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Elephants. A bear wouldn't stand a chance. Not only are they bigger and stronger, they're also much smarter and rarely alone, contrarily to bears.

There's nothing more dangerous on land (outside of humans) than an elephant stampede.

I'm pretty sure that tigers are much more fearsome than lions.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm pretty sure that tigers are much more fearsome than lions.

Male lions, sure. Not female lions.

Depends if you're going by their entire behavior repertoire.

Humans are the apex predator, but we don't stand a chance with all of them one vs one.

Lioness hunt in packs, that's why I'd give them the advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenris and Runner77

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Thanks right, I completely forgot about those vegetarians. :) Also forgot about hippos, they are extremely dangerous as well.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Almost, 10,000 years ago Kodiak was not an island and was populated by these type of brown bears, then the ice melted and made Kodiak an island and the brown bears already on the island became Kodiak Bears. They are slightly larger than these guys because they had even better access to food but DNA wise they are the same.

Exactly that. In a nutshell, brown bears that became slightly different due to circumstance and isolation.

But they certainly live the life out there.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

I'd agree. Although polar bears I'm pretty sure are the largest and most formidable land carnivore on the planet. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Elephants are lucky, because once they've grown, they have removed themselves from being a prey to anything due to size alone. (with the obvious exception of us little mammals, also injury sickness etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad