OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Always liked Burr,as an actor and person. Not a big role in Rear Window,but any Hitchcock film is good,throw in Jimmy Stewart and a great film. Might be one of the first to come out also,not sure though.

Same here. He was a very fine actor who started out as a bad guy. I even watched some of the Ironside series where he was in a wheelchair.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
For my generation, I think he'll forever be remembered spurting milk from his mouth as a cut-off synth head in Alien.

Lol...and he'll always be Father VEE-TOO CorNEEleeooos (Vito Cornelius) to me... Bilbo close second, rest in peace bud

Weddings??

nZvfbrj5IQ_21izdjXUFr8nx4SfhmrVJv1imN7i6Q7ACtPInPaRLm_HvXsuxFrDCJWWi1dshkTut68t0nX4a37IADOCVsBaoOUTgbQnm-IQJQme4byVKgViIEayRoCrQ2Ggiz_Mu1FbE882084hISg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For the last two weeks, I've been hooked on True Crime documentaries on Netflix. I don't know why because I was never into that genre on TV shows.

Making a Murderer was not a series I was remotely interested in. Then I chose to sit and watch it, and I have watched a whole bunch of them the last two weeks.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Lol...and he'll always be Father VEE-TOO CorNEEleeooos (Vito Cornelius) to me... Bilbo close second, rest in peace bud

Weddings??

nZvfbrj5IQ_21izdjXUFr8nx4SfhmrVJv1imN7i6Q7ACtPInPaRLm_HvXsuxFrDCJWWi1dshkTut68t0nX4a37IADOCVsBaoOUTgbQnm-IQJQme4byVKgViIEayRoCrQ2Ggiz_Mu1FbE882084hISg

A fan of the Fifth Element I presume? So am I, I think at first it didn't get that great reviews being a bit over the top and I have never been the greatest fan of Bruce Willis in general but he fits this role and then we have Gary Oldham and Ian Holm, who are great in this film. I have definitely seen it more than 5 times.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
A fan of the Fifth Element I presume? So am I, I think at first it didn't get that great reviews being a bit over the top and I have never been the greatest fan of Bruce Willis in general but he fits this role and then we have Gary Oldham and Ian Holm, who are great in this film. I have definitely seen it more than 5 times.

Gary Oldman was epic as Zorg

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I occasionally forget that Tom Hanks is also a comic genius.

I think there was a time when Tom Hanks was my absolute favourite actor. He was putting out amazing films. Seems to have slowed in recent years.

I mean he was on quite the run for awhile.
Philadelphia
Forest Gump
Apollo 13
Cast Away
Saving Private Ryan
Road to Perdition
Catch me if you can

and more and more. He’s one of my favourites for sure.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I think there was a time when Tom Hanks was my absolute favourite actor. He was putting out amazing films. Seems to have slowed in recent years.

I mean he was on quite the run for awhile.
Philadelphia
Forest Gump
Apollo 13
Cast Away
Saving Private Ryan
Road to Perdition
Catch me if you can

and more and more. He’s one of my favourites for sure.

Bridge of Spies was good. Not so much the movies based on Dan Brown's "books".

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Forgot about those two. You’ve got mail too.

Although You've Got Mail looks dated now it was kind of "ahead" of its time which is rare for a romantic comedy. I remember back then many people laughing at the idea of meeting the loved one online. Many many people did not even have internet in 1998. I don't know why it's a very kitch and predictable movie but it remains one of my favorite romantic comedy.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Deadpool 3 + Into The Spider-Verse 2 + John Wick 4

And you?

Ea-dp9PX0AQhRcf

Parabellum was such a letdown after what IMO was the best Wick of the trilogy, the sequel, that I had zero expectations for a 4th movie.

Black Widow and Dr Strange sequel should both be in there and look better than most movies in that list.

ITSV2 is the only one I csnt wait for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad