OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A wolverine can definitely be a good fight for a black bear, a wolf or a cougar the aggressiveness and toughness can definitely win a fight. Of course it won't work with the larger bears, 600 kg bear against a 15-20 kg wolverine will probably last a very short time. Look at bear 634 Popey's muscular front legs. Imagine a swipe!

D9jAxMNVUAA5Ivv.jpg

Apparently wolverines have killed bears,not sure of all the facts. But due to it's strength and agility and speed and nails,can rip the throat from the bear and it bleeds to death.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Apparently wolverines have killed bears,not sure of all the facts. But due to it's strength and agility and speed and nails,can rip the throat from the bear and it bleeds to death.
I'm sure it has happened but I'm also sure the bear wins 999 times out of a 1000.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

I am sure it has happened on occasions I looked it up and for instance grey wolves are the biggest predator of wolverines, grizzly bears do predating as well. They do have a decent weapon of defense in their anal glands, like all mustelids it is stinky! One of the names of a wolverine is Stinkbear.

The Wolverine Foundation | FAQs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I am sure it has happened on occasions I looked it up and for instance grey wolves are the biggest predator of wolverines, grizzly bears do predating as well. They do have a decent weapon of defense in their anal glands, like all mustelids it is stinky! One of the names of a wolverine is Stinkbear.

The Wolverine Foundation | FAQs

Skunkbear too

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here is my heavy weight boy 747, let see how it plays out?

sddefault.jpg

He's currently weighing in at approx 950-1,000 lbs. He's actually injured so he must have had a fight already, the left ear has been partly torn off and he has a limp. He is still big and aggressive though. Although he is a comic relief because he eats so much but there is a video of him taking out a chunk of another large bear's behind from 2016, so he is kind of unfair when it comes to fighting. Here he is from yesterday.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
According to these safari guides (I follow these live as well) the hippo and the croc kill the most people in Africa. If there is a hippo around they go large circles around it when they do they walking on foot safaris. If they meet Ellies as they are called they go to a higher elevation. Elephants if they go into attaching mode can obviously do the most damage given their strength but they are less aggressive normally. These guys are used to animals but I bet he needed a change of undies after this.

Edit: It starts about a minute into the video.

or here when one of these tourists started staring at a young elephant bull and the elephant felt challenged. I keep laughing because the guy with the camera keeps laughing, it's the same guy who whispers: "It's another boy, a big boy!"

Well I’ve learned a few things about Kodiak bears I didn’t know the past couple days. Especially the sheer size of them.

On a separate note if anyone has a chance to go on a safari trip I recommend it. It’s cool to see some of these animals in their own habitats.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here is one reason bear 503, the guy who got adopted by a female is the most popular bear among the bear watchers. Here he is with one of the most dominant females bear 854 2 years ago, look at 1:30 into the video and he's making faces. ;)

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Of course an idiot human put both himself and the bears in jeopardy, I mean if one of the bears would have killed him, most likely they would have had to kill that bear.

Not recommended! but the bears look occupied and not paying attention.Would like to see more of where he came and went from.
I jumped in a bear pit at a zoo that had cubs only,little cute black bears,just like puppies!:thumbu:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Not recommended! but the bears look occupied and not paying attention.Would like to see more of where he came and went from.
I jumped in a bear pit at a zoo that had cubs only,little cute black bears,just like puppies!:thumbu:

He went in here: Where this camera is located there is a viewing area in a wooden structure, he climbed down and went into the water. The problem is that where the 3 bears are in this photo there is a path for the bears coming from up river. While he was taking pictures in the area just to the right of the first foam is. Imagine if some bears coming from up river would suddenly appear, he would have nowhere to go and if there was a female that was skitty because of her cubs and it doesn't take much of bear power to kill him and if that happened one of the larger boars busy fishing might have been curious of the commotion and maybe start to eat him?

upload_2020-6-24_21-23-14.png

Sometimes these bears do bad things, here's a boar (814 Lurch) killing one of 435's spring cubs. He later met his match and was either dead by disease or killed by another male bear.

here is his skull and parts of the skeleton. He could have died of an aneurysm or a heart attack then eaten by other bears.

FULL-SKELETON.jpg

Lastly but more lightly is a NFL Safety player getting surprised by a black bear and her cub.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He went in here: Where this camera is located there is a viewing area in a wooden structure, he climbed down and went into the water. The problem is that where the 3 bears are in this photo there is a path for the bears coming from up river. While he was taking pictures in the area just to the right of the first foam is. Imagine if some bears coming from up river would suddenly appear, he would have nowhere to go and if there was a female that was skitty because of her cubs and it doesn't take much of bear power to kill him and if that happened one of the larger boars busy fishing might have been curious of the commotion and maybe start to eat him?

View attachment 351335

Sometimes these bears do bad things, here's a boar (814 Lurch) killing one of 435's spring cubs. He later met his match and was either dead by disease or killed by another male bear.

here is his skull and parts of the skeleton. He could have died of an aneurysm or a heart attack then eaten by other bears.

FULL-SKELETON.jpg

Lastly but more lightly is a NFL Safety player getting surprised by a black bear and her cub.

Where is this? so they have a viewing platform which is safe,all things considered,would be a nice spot to visit. Guess the man gauged the situation accurately enough to warrant such a high risk adventure. Not saying I'd do it,but probably would also if I felt assured. They say never run from a bear and to play dead,tough to just lie there though in my book!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Where is this? so they have a viewing platform which is safe,all things considered,would be a nice spot to visit. Guess the man gauged the situation accurately enough to warrant such a high risk adventure. Not saying I'd do it,but probably would also if I felt assured. They say never run from a bear and to play dead,tough to just lie there though in my book!

The bear watchers turned on him and told the security and they arrested him and he got a hefty fine.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

I have thought of visiting, you can not drive there. For me it would be Alaskan Air and fly to a town not that far away and from that town you either get a boat ride or one of those floatplanes. They have accomodation in log cabins or a larger dwelling. There are several places and platforms to watch them. Some big boars like ScareD Bear never goes to the side where the humans are, some are almost too used to humans. Here's Holly with the adopted cub 503 and her own princess bear 719.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad