OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want to start a new series.

How good is Altered Carbon?

Any suggestion?

Depends what you like.

If you enjoy time travel, I would recommend Travelers on Netflix. Three seasons, final.

There have been many good series reviewed here, if you look back on this thread.

One of them that keeps getting props is Ozark. Two seasons, there may be a sequel.

Another I liked was Bloodline. Family drama but with a lot of twists and tense situations. Three seasons, final.

And, as I've just posted in the previous page, I really enjoyed Rectify. A psychological drama about a man wrongly imprisoned for 19 years and his struggles and the impact on his family and how the community pre-judges him. A slow burn. Good casting and performances. Four seasons, final.

I haven't seen Altered Carbon. Anyone have additional feedback?

Reactions: GoodKiwi

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Depends what you like.

If you enjoy time travel, I would recommend Travelers on Netflix. Three seasons, final.

There have been many good series reviewed here, if you look back on this thread.

One of them that keeps getting props is Ozark. Two seasons, there may be a sequel.

Another I liked was Bloodline. Family drama but with a lot of twists and tense situations. Three seasons, final.

And, as I've just posted in the previous page, I really enjoyed Rectify. A psychological drama about a man wrongly imprisoned for 19 years and his struggles and the impact on his family and how the community pre-judges him. A slow burn. Good casting and performances. Four seasons, final.

Thanks

I have watched a couple of episodes of Travelers. I'll get back to it when I'm done with Better Call Saul.

Reactions: Runner77

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I made the mistake of watching Shameless and couldn't stop. It's totally engrossing and takes you places you've never imagined. It's got elements of drama and comedy sprinkled throughout. It's very appropriately referred to as a "dramedy".

Best tip: don't start it on a weekday. :D
Haha awesome. Thanks for that!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Depends what you like.

+1 for Rectify

suggestions:
Scandi noir: Trapped
Crime drama: Narcos
Drama: Rectify
Historical Fiction: The Last Kingdom
Comedy drama: Lillehammer
Comic science fiction: Dirk Gently

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You've got to be kidding me. Wow, I'm shocked.

Learned that it was a heart attack. Damn the human body, we are really nothing. I had a loved one die at that age a year ago of the same thing too. Everyone was equally shocked and could not understand how someone could die so young. Such a sad thing.

I like though that two generation knew of Perry, the early 90s one and this generation of young people. And he was liked by both. My favorite stuff of him was from a bunch of TV mini-series where he played cowboy/judge called Goodnight. I thought he was the perfect good guy with morals to play that character who is supposed to be the law. It was light hearted stuff but pretty fun in a "enjoy with a good cup of coffee around a fire place" type entertainment.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know some of you watch Riverdale but I knew him best from 90210. RIP Luke.

Sucks.

90210 was a guilty pleasure in the 90s. Throughout highschool and university it was always on... yes, it was crappy but it was fun. Sad to see Perry die so young.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
High blood pressure is a silent killer people, so like @Lafleurs Guy says, keep it monitored. I personally suffered from higher than normal blood pressure since my EARLY 30s. I’m medicated for a while now and try my best to stay active. My blood pressure is regularly about 120/79.

But yeah, while I wasn’t a Luke Perry fan directly, dying relatively young like that sucks.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Depends what you like.

And, as I've just posted in the previous page, I really enjoyed Rectify. A psychological drama about a man freed after being imprisoned for 19 years and his struggles and the impact on his family and how the community judges him. A slow burn. Good casting and performances. Four seasons, final.

Friendly heads-up: I thought your post was a little too revealing so I went ahead and edited it ;)

Loved the show, I have never watched anything that moved as slow as this one, yet I binged it all.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The earliest we'll get to watch second season of Taboo is mid-2020. Early 2021 is more likely. :banghead:

The script isn't even finished yet and filming won't begin until until late 2019 - early 2020.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Rewatching GoT for the second time as the gf has never seen it. I had watched it as it was coming out, so it’s been a while for me. Kind of forgot about Benjen (until he’d randomly show up in later seasons).

Boy, there’s really a lot of pointless nudity in the early seasons. It’s like HBO didn’t take the show seriously until a little later on and were hoping to draw male viewers at the beginning.

Also, will Maisie Williams ever age? I hope men don’t find her attractive, she looks the exact same today as she did at the start of the show. It’s kind of creepy.

Reactions: Edgy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Friendly heads-up: I thought your post was a little too revealing so I went ahead and edited it ;)

Loved the show, I have never watched anything that moved as slow as this one, yet I binged it all.

Sorry about that mini spoiler, lol.

You hit it on the nail re Rectify -- I kept asking myself, how am I still watching this, it's much too slow but couldn't walk away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad