Blue Jays Discussion: Let the post-winter-meeting, pre-spring-training baseball withdrawl commence!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Because you're not just dealing with dollar figures you're also dealing with people. You have to be able to manage the person at the same time.

I'm sure Donaldson's agent needing to now find a way to argue Donaldson deserves an extra 450k will have Josh sobbing and can't wait to leave for free agency. Can't believe the Jays would be so inhumane, they really need to treat their players better. :sarcasm:

It's a business, I'm sure Josh understand that, there's nothing wrong with the way the Jays are treating Josh as a person.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
no it doesn't. not the app.

Oh
Disgruntled_black_man.gif

they bought the score but not their app lol. Thats like the best thing theScore had.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh
Disgruntled_black_man.gif

they bought the score but not their app lol. Thats like the best thing theScore had.

They bought the tv channel and all the rights to the programming they showed, but not the Score name or its non-TV stuff (like the app or website or the like)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay. I don't know how arbitration really works here.

but isn't donaldson worth that 450k? why go to arbitration?

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
okay. I don't know how arbitration really works here.

but isn't donaldson worth that 450k? why go to arbitration?

That extra half million could potentially be a big deal in a UFA signing down the road. Its a part of the business and Donaldson apparently commented before that he had nothing against the team no matter how arb goes.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I'm sure Donaldson's agent needing to now find a way to argue Donaldson deserves an extra 450k will have Josh sobbing and can't wait to leave for free agency. Can't believe the Jays would be so inhumane, they really need to treat their players better. :sarcasm:

It's a business, I'm sure Josh understand that, there's nothing wrong with the way the Jays are treating Josh as a person.

I mean he was so hurt by the Jays taking him there last year he went out and just had a terrible year. Makes sense that you'd do anything possible to avoid it this time around...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That extra half million could potentially be a big deal in a UFA signing down the road. Its a part of the business and Donaldson apparently commented before that he had nothing against the team no matter how arb goes.

oh well that's good.
hopefully we can sign him for a v long time

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Don't really understand the logic of going to arbitration with your best player over 450K, but let's see how this plays out...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I mean he was so hurt by the Jays taking him there last year he went out and just had a terrible year. Makes sense that you'd do anything possible to avoid it this time around...

Maybe that's the whole plan.

"Josh Donaldson is an awful baseball player and shouldn't earn a damn cent. Prove me wrong, Josh. Prove me wrong." :sarcasm:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Don't really understand the logic of going to arbitration with your best player over 450K, but let's see how this plays out...

The logic is simply that saving that 450K is better for the team than not spending it. So they're trying to save it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
****ing Shapiro, bringing Donaldson to arbitration!!!

AA would never have done that!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Chris David back to the Orioles. 7 years, 161M. 23M AAV

Ian Kennedy to the Royals. 5 years. 70M. 14 AAV

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Sounds like a couple big names are on the verge of signing with a couple of our rivals.

Ian Kennedy to the Royals: 5 years, 70 MM (opt out after 2017)
Chris Davis back to Baltimore: 7 years, 161 MM

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Kennedy is still getting paid for his 2011

How that guy gets more term and AAV than Happ is baffling.

mikebel111*

Wow not 1 big free agent signing!
Shapiro is completely ruining this team and Rogers is being cheap once again.
playoffs done for another 20 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad