GDT: Let the Free Agency Madness begin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I prefer MM DD YY because y2k was stupid and also because i always think of month first. Its very weird for me to think it the other way around.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The 8/6 thing makes no sense because the date is really 08/06 and Turbo isn't number 806, he's 86. So I think he will definitely be traded this week, likely to get us Future Considerations back after trading him to Vegas twice.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
The 8/6 thing makes no sense because the date is really 08/06 and Turbo isn't number 806, he's 86. So I think he will definitely be traded this week, likely to get us Future Considerations back after trading him to Vegas twice.
Stanley Cup™ Winner Future Considerations. Good for veteran presence.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Probably will be just rehashing of things already discussed here, but if you have access YouTube, live pod in 15mins:

Reactions: Stickpucker

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Let me be perfectly clear: it is perhaps not likely, though not entirely unlikely, that EK will play 82 games, but not so sufficiently likely, or in fact so unlikely, that EK will be sufficiently productive in the games that he does play, or even in the games he does not play, to justify the not insubstantial risk of trading for him, or in fact not trading for him.
I think I understand.

I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Probably will be just rehashing of things already discussed here, but if you have access YouTube, live pod in 15mins:

Yea if its gold and lav they are just rehashing and speculating what makes sense. No actual info. They both said aho was going to re-sign for 9.25 or lower

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
While it's possible, I don't think it's probable for 3 reasons:

1) With Burns and TDA, he's likely not getting much PP time this year, where he got 4 of his 18 goals last year.
2) Brady had a 9.57% shooting %. The previous best in his career was 6.45%
3) Depending on what the Canes do with their blue-line, it could change his role and the dynamics. He's said multiple times that playing with Pesce is great because it allows him more freedom to take chances offensively. If he's still paired with Pesce, then this isn't an issue, but if the Canes trade Pesce, that changes the dynamic. If the Canes don't trade any defenseman, then his role may be different.

A lot of things can happen so it's still possible, because he has good instincts of when to jump into the play, he has a good, accurate shot, and he knows how to get his shot off.
Bolded to me kind of makes it all a moot point anyway, because I really don't think this FO just signed Orlov for $7.75M/yr to play him on the 3rd pair. Skjei will either be on the 3rd pair with TDA/Chatty, or traded...regardless of whether we keep or trade Pesce I don't see them paired up (because I don't think we want to put Pesce back on the 3rd pairing as we did years ago, nor make TDA 2RD)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bolded to me kind of makes it all a moot point anyway, because I really don't think this FO just signed Orlov for $7.75M/yr to play him on the 3rd pair. Skjei will either be on the 3rd pair with TDA/Chatty, or traded...regardless of whether we keep or trade Pesce I don't see them paired up (because I don't think we want to put Pesce back on the 3rd pairing as we did years ago, nor make TDA 2RD)

I agree that I don't think they signed Orlov to play on the 3rd pairing so I still expect one of Skjei or Pesce will be moved. That said, if the market is soft, they very well could keep them, and if they do, where they play a particular player isn't that relevant.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I agree that I don't think they signed Orlov to play on the 3rd pairing so I still expect one of Skjei or Pesce will be moved. That said, if the market is soft, they very well could keep them, and if they do, where they play a particular player isn't that relevant.
If we keep them all I think there will be no 2nd or 3rd pair. Just 1st pair, 1st pair and 1st pair. All deployed equally at 5v5

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Moving Skjei or Pesce without a top line player coming this way or the futures that another team wants for a top line player, doesn’t make much sense.

Marchment or another middle six player isn’t it. We can add a middle six forward pretty easily at the deadline.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Bunting Aho Jarvis
Svech KK Necas

which top 6 player is getting replaced with this traded person?

edit: I could see us putting Bunting on the third line, but in my opinion that would decrease his value as a pest. I was also under the assumption that we got him to play with the top lines to help draw attention away from Aho and Jarvis.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Bunting Aho Jarvis
Svech KK Necas

edit: I could see us putting Bunting on the third line, but in my opinion that would decrease his value as a pest. I was also under the assumption that we got him to play with the top lines to help draw attention away from Aho and Jarvis.
A Lindholm or Kuznetzov type pickup would push KK down. A RW that can score 30+ goals would push Jarvis down. As much as I love Jarvy, he’s not that - yet.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
Bunting Aho Jarvis
Svech KK Necas

I would say it would depend on the player.. a top winger would slide Jarvis to the 3rd line.. a top center would move KK to the 3rd line.

edit to say I posted before I saw Svechne's post.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The issue with assuming that the Canes could just move Jarvis or KK down the the 3rd line, is that I will be very surprised to see either of them replace someone on the 3rd line.

Right or wrong, Rod likes that 3rd line to be a defensive match-up line. If we assume the line is TT-Staal-Fast, then I don't see either player supplanting one of those 3, unless TT is traded, and even then, I'm not sure KK or Jarvis is right for that line. Jarvis is not suited well to be on a line like that, he's a small, offensive winger. And KK, isn't better than Staal defensively.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The issue with assuming that the Canes could just move Jarvis or KK down the the 3rd line, is that I will be very surprised to see either of them replace someone on the 3rd line.

Right or wrong, Rod likes that 3rd line to be a defensive match-up line. If we assume the line is TT-Staal-Fast, then I don't see either player supplanting one of those 3, unless TT is traded, and even then, I'm not sure KK or Jarvis is right for that line. Jarvis is not suited well to be on a line like that, he's a small, offensive winger. And KK, isn't better than Staal defensively.
I’m still struggling with thinking Rod wants TT on that line over Martinook, let alone a Jarvis.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC

Wouldn’t it be nice to have so many weapons at your disposal that players like KK or Jarvis have to “play down” on a 4th line (or 3’B’ line, whatever you want to call it), though? It seems to me that either of them would feast on those matchups. Besides, it would allow opportunities for players to move up & down the lineup, as needed, wouldn’t it?

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing a dearth of offensive talent on OUR team, for once.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Wouldn’t it be nice to have so many weapons at your disposal that players like KK or Jarvis have to “play down” on a 4th line (or 3’B’ line, whatever you want to call it), though? It seems to me that either of them would feast on those matchups. Besides, it would allow opportunities for players to move up & down the lineup, as needed, wouldn’t it?

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing a dearth of offensive talent on OUR team, for once.
Or be able to say "Bunting-Aho-Jarvis isn't working, lets swap Jarvis and Nachos for a bit" OR "lets move Svech up with Aho and TT, then try Bunting-KK-Necas as our 2nd line"

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

839.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad