April 24: Chiarelli hired as POHO & GM
May 13: Draisaitl named WHL Playoff MVP
May 15: McDavid named OHL Playoff MVP
May 17: McLellan, Eberle, & Hall win gold
May 19: McLellan hired as head coach
May 30: McDavid wins three major awards
May 31: Draisaitl named Memorial Cup MVP

XS0ALsm.gif

Add that to McDavid and Nurse being in the tourney allstar team and Hall being on the WHC all star team. This has just been too crazy of a summer, I wish drainsaitl had won though and I was a bit disappointed that RNH and Yak couldn't play in the WHC.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Sucks Leon and the Rockets lost, was really pushing for them, but they just couldn't finish. Appleby was just too strong today. Really good game though. Great chances. Big checks.

Never eating at Applebees again!!! lol.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Surprised Draisaitl won.

I think he was the best player in the tourny but since Appleby was the main standout on the winner I was sure he'd get it.

I think Appleby deserved the MVP trophy. I think he's the reason why the Generals went 4-0 in the tournament, and the reason they won today. It could have been a blow-out Rockets win if it wasn't for Appleby.

Nothing wrong with Leon's game or his tournament, I just think Appleby deserved it more.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I think Appleby deserved the MVP trophy. I think he's the reason why the Generals went 4-0 in the tournament, and the reason they won today. It could have been a blow-out Rockets win if it wasn't for Appleby.

Nothing wrong with Leon's game or his tournament, I just think Appleby deserved it more.

I am more opposed to a losing team winning the mvp (only exceptions are Conn Smythe to J.S. Giguere & Ron Hextall) I think Appleby should have actually won it win or loss, because the game is over without him.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Really surprised to see Leon win MVP.

Between Leon, Mcdavid and Nurse our youngsters have taken home a lot of hardware.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Just have to say Draisitl was the best skater on the ice. Apples was great too.

It was a two horse race.

But damn it seemed Kelowna couldn't create a chance without Draisitl being a part of it.

Exciting times.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I would put money down. That if Strome is not drafted by the leafs and you did the exact same poll. Drai would be the better prospect. Majority of people on this boards are leafs fans which would skew the results in their potential players favor.

I think if the poll was started after the playoffs instead of in March it would be closer/opposite of what it is now.

Which isn't necessarily a good thing haha. HFboads is very much a "what have you done for me lately" community.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Draisaitl was a catalyst for the Rockets all tourney, but was shut down in both games against Oshawa. If he was generating a ton but got no finish from his teammates, fine. I didn't watch the games, but by most accounts he was the best skater in the tournament. I wonder if the votes were cast before OT?

coolwasabi

Dec 18, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Fantastic season for Leon. All things considered, after he was sent down from the Oilers, this is just-about the best outcome we could have all hoped for. He's disappointed right now no doubt, but I'm sure he'll be able to look back at this season with fond memories.

The MVP honours is a nice feather in his cap. Looks like he and Taylor Hall have something in common :)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Gotta feel for Kelowna. They battled hard and you could see at the very end when the Generals scored in OT how crushed they were. Some players lay on the ice for minutes afterward. But when you put it all on the line at least you can say you gave it your all. Nothing to be ashamed about. Ah sports -- You gotta love it. :nod:

Drais played amazing and deserved MVP. He's really been able to show his skill and size. Nothing but good news for the Oil moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad