Value of: Lehkonen at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
A tenacious warrior and a great penalty killer with speed. Lehky plays fearless. Snakebit to hell but he can wire the puck when he gets a chance. AFAIK his numbers look good even in this terrible Habs season. If he is moved, what kind of return would Montreal get?

Personally I think he'd fetch a late 1st, with possible additions depending on the market.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Shoot for a 2023 unprotected 1st. Maybe we luck out enough to have that team bottom out next year but making a run this year

Reactions: EquabaleAce

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
2nd for Lehkonen at 50% is my guess. Gotta rember he is an RFA still with a qualying offer of 2.3 million. Prbly get a 3rd/high 4th for him at the draft if you don't want to resign him anyway.

So basically you get Lehkonen for a playoff run by exchanging a 2nd for 3rd/4th.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
2nd for Lehkonen at 50% is my guess. Gotta rember he is an RFA still with a qualying offer of 2.3 million. Prbly get a 3rd/high 4th for him at the draft if you don't want to resign him anyway.

So basically you get Lehkonen for a playoff run by exchanging a 2nd for 3rd/4th.

this. 20-30 pt guy. Hardworker, will be needing a raise soon...

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
I don't see Montreal moving him. He's a perfectly good depth player. Still RFA after this season .. only 26 years old.
I think they will re-sign him 4 x 2.5

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think there will be far too many sellers on the market this year for the likes of Lekhonen to get a 1st (IMO). I mean...unless the Isles go on a miracle run with their games in hand, the Eastern Conference already appears decided...with some teams not even at the halfway mark yet. The 9th place team are the Wings, and they are 8 points behind the 8th place team (Bruins) while having played four more games. The 10th place Jackets are 13 points behind the 8th place Bruins while having played one more game. That means that by the deadline, there will realistically be 8 teams in the Eastern Conference willing to sell. The Western Conference is much tighter, but if there are 10+ teams selling at the deadline...generally only a handful of 1sts are moved near the deadline. And those will be going for the likes of Pavelski, Hertl, Miller, Giroux, Klingberg, etc.

I expect Lekhonen will be in high demand, but for a 2nd or equivalent prospect. This simply won't be a sellers market like last year -- not with so many teams already so clearly out of the playoff hunt.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Another one of those completely shit players in front of Carey Price, who made it impossible for him to record a save percentage at or above league average. :sarcasm:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The thing is that I don't see him getting more than a 2nd + 3rd (Janmark as very good comp last year in my opinion) but I don't see why the Habs would let him go at that price...

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'd say there's 0 chance he gets traded for a 2nd, because there's no good reason for Montreal to do it.
Pretty much this, the Habs are rebuilding they are not going to be trading a still young hard working guy for a pick. There are a lot of players that will be moved before him.

Reactions: Mandala

Gaud

May 11, 2017

Frank Seravalli: “I know at least 3 teams that are begging the Montreal Canadiens to get Artturi Lehkonen.”

LOL if only that guy could get 1/5 of the first-rate chances he gets to put it in the net.
I think if Lek goes, it will be for an overpayment, simply because Mtl has no real reason to trade him. He accepts his specific role, doesnt cost too much, isnt too old to fit in with future plans and most of all, has all the attributes that any team wants in term of an identity : do your job, work 110% and have an impeccable work ethic.

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018
I think there will be far too many sellers on the market this year for the likes of Lekhonen to get a 1st (IMO). I mean...unless the Isles go on a miracle run with their games in hand, the Eastern Conference already appears decided...with some teams not even at the halfway mark yet. The 9th place team are the Wings, and they are 8 points behind the 8th place team (Bruins) while having played four more games. The 10th place Jackets are 13 points behind the 8th place Bruins while having played one more game. That means that by the deadline, there will realistically be 8 teams in the Eastern Conference willing to sell.

You could also see it the other way, by the deadline, there might very well be 8 teams safely in the playoffs in the east thinking they are a few pieces away from making some noises.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Lehkonen does offer a year of control. However, Coleman and Goodrow offered control and cost certainty. Both were locked up for another year at $1.8 mil and 925k respectively.

The cost certainty aspect is what people demanding a 1st are missing.

Lehkonen easily gets a 2nd + B prospect, but the hints at a 1st are crazy. The market is saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad