Value of: Lehkonen at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
LOL if only that guy could get 1/5 of the first-rate chances he gets to put it in the net.
I think if Lek goes, it will be for an overpayment, simply because Mtl has no real reason to trade him. He accepts his specific role, doesnt cost too much, isnt too old to fit in with future plans and most of all, has all the attributes that any team wants in term of an identity : do your job, work 110% and have an impeccable work ethic.

This pretty sums it up

The cost certainty aspect is what people demanding a 1st are missing.

Lehkonen easily gets a 2nd + B prospect, but the hints at a 1st are crazy. The market is saturated.

his QO is 2.3M, there’s your certainty. As many others said, he’s RFA, still has team control and is young enough to be part of the rebuild/retool if we want to keep him. If he doesn’t get a team ransom ala Coleman & Goodrow, I don’t think he moves

Reactions: Gaud and NewDef

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
A tenacious warrior and a great penalty killer with speed. Lehky plays fearless. Snakebit to hell but he can wire the puck when he gets a chance. AFAIK his numbers look good even in this terrible Habs season. If he is moved, what kind of return would Montreal get?

Personally I think he'd fetch a late 1st, with possible additions depending on the market.
Habs retain 50%, offer a throw-in, may get a first for Lekhonen. Offer that out there, see if another team wants to trade?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The thing is that I don't see him getting more than a 2nd + 3rd (Janmark as very good comp last year in my opinion) but I don't see why the Habs would let him go at that price...
i'd like to take a second and third for lehkonen and use those assets towards crouse . add something and give crouse a 3-4 yr deal worth 3-3.5 . you gotta have grit in your lineup . it's improved the rangers . ask the bruins how they feel about the capitals right now. and they want to add kane ? i don't think kane will go there though . he still has bad dreams about reaves .

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
There will be interest by teams, he's a good 3rd line player so teams with depth issues should look at him for a bottom six role. Not sure what GM's would value a bottom six winger at though, even if his game is the type you like to have. He's not the type I'd trade a 1st for.

greygoosevodka

Apr 27, 2019
If there is some competition on the market, Lehky would definitely get a 2nd. I don't think the Habs do that trade unless it's an overpayment, maybe a 1st or a conditional 1st.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I don't see the Canadiens trading him for less than a 1st. I haven't watched him this year, but he was really good on the PK, can throw his body around. I really like his play in the 2021 playoffs. He's also a RFA at the end of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 1st and even some more.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
this. 20-30 pt guy. Hardworker, will be needing a raise soon...
He's a pretty consistent 15g-15a, 30 pts player.
All production on 5vs5 and mostly from bottom 6, very good 2way play and PK, shows up every night and doesn't shy away from contact (he won't throw punishing hits, but he's not afraid to be hit).

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ah, so not accurate information.
best Habs get is conditional second.
Not trading him if we're only getting a 2nd back personnally. I'd say something around 2 x 2nd or equivalent prospect.
Comparables are Shaw, Eller, Janmark, Bennett, Arvidsson. Some are different stylistically, but all had similar impact on the game at the moment they were traded imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad