GDT: leaves @ COLORADO AVALANCHE - 2/24/24 - 5PM MT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Not really his fault, Marner is going to make that pass every time.

Makar got puck watching, was way too high in the box and gave Marner all that space to walk the line for the pass.
I thought he could have done more to stop the pass. Go down on one keep, or something.

But I do agree, Makar was way off there. He's been bad on the PK lately. He even called himself out last game. I guess he didn't learn from it though.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Makar and Toews. Both played that soft as F. Makar running around. Toews was watching. Not moving.
Where do you want him to move? He's playing a 2 on 1 down low between Marner and Bertuzzi. He goes to Marner he leaves Bertuzzi open. He backpedals to Bertuzzi he lets Marner walk in all alone in front.

Makar needed to help him there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not really his fault, Marner is going to make that pass every time.

Makar got puck watching, was way too high in the box and gave Marner all that space to walk the line for the pass.

Not egregious, but I think Toews could have played that better.

I've noticed he, and some of the other Avs D, have a habit of staying on their feet and relying on their stick 100% of the time.

That was a perfect spot for him to drop to his knees, and get his legs, and ideally body in the passing lane. He's not in postioon to cover anybody else, so what's the difference?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad