Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3 in the shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Players are told to do that now, all teams do it.
Don’t defend it. It was a bad play. A bad play is a bad play, even if he scored, it is still a bad play. Can stomach a bit better if he was on his forehand.
Also players are told to shoot when they have a break away and one V one with the goalie, yet MM does the drop pass. Not saying I don’t like that bc I love it.
MM standard should always be making the right play that help his team win and he could had done better with that attempt today.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Leafs since January 1st:

18-7-1
T-2nd in the NHL in points
T-1 in the NHL in RW
3rd in the NHL in points%
1st in goals/game
8th in goals against/game
2nd in PP%
17th in PK%
The Leafs will have home ice in round 1, and then we'll need to hope that Florida somehow loses to the 8th seed, which will likely be Tampa.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Samsonov with his best game of the season. The team deserved the win. Tavares with his best game in awhile. Glad to have Jarnkrok back. The entire third line played well. Marner was very good. Reaves did what he had to do.

On the negative side, Matthews has hit a wall. He has no jump, seems rather nonchalant at times. Nylander didn't have his best game. Brodie way too casual with the puck. Too bad about Boosh.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Literally just rushed it in like he was doing all period and almost set up Bert before the bad defensive play.

You make a good point. Nylander has done a good job this season with self reflection. He knows when he messed up and takes it into his own hands to ensure he makes up for it.

Whatever. We won. Gonna take a deep breath and let it go now.
If people even cared to pay closer attention, they would see that he was going for his signature strip to breakaway as soon as he saw the D man glove the puck and bounce it on the ice, but unfortunately number 84 was there and they glided on each other. This left him in an awkward no man's land on the play instead leaving desperation fly by as the only option.

Leave him be. When his plays end up working the puck is usually in the back of the net. Sometimes the play will fail hard. Such is life when you're a points producer.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Don’t defend it. It was a bad play. A bad play is a bad play, even if he scored, it is still a bad play. Can stomach a bit better if he was on his forehand.
Also players are told to shoot when they have a break away and one V one with the goalie, yet MM does the drop pass. Not saying I don’t like that bc I love it.
MM standard should always be making the right play that help his team win and he could had done better with that attempt today.
Not defending anything just pointing out the reality of it.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Also how I saw it, still can’t say it isn’t impressive the kid still had the balls to draw in for a legit tilt.

If he passed on it I don’t think it’s an issue code-wise, again, given the poor condition he’s operating with right now.

I think Reaves would agree.
Definitely impressive.

Code wise I dunno, maybe someone else can step up, but one way or another you can't have a goon concussing people on cheap plays with a hall pass.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The Leafs will have home ice in round 1, and then we'll need to hope that Florida somehow loses to the 8th seed, which will likely be Tampa.
Tampa is the one team that could upset Florida. They have owned them in the playoffs before. Problem is they're old and running out of gas

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Definitely impressive.

Code wise I dunno, maybe someone else can step up, but one way or another you can't have a goon concussing people on cheap plays with a hall pass.

Hate that Boosh is hurt but at the same time you don't know if a Reaves fight ends the kid's career and perhaps even life-quality right there.

Delicate/dicey situation, definitely something I haven't seen in the game in a very long time.

Rempe will have to settle it down, or maybe he won't and this is something teams are going to have to deal with when playing the Rangers and start an arms race...

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Tampa is the one team that could upset Florida. They have owned them in the playoffs before. Problem is they're old and running out of gas
I'm not so sure this iteration of the Lightning can beat any team in the playoffs.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Not defending anything just pointing out the reality of it.

Youre gonna get complaints if you pay for it and just last game Willy iced it but hit the net and no one was complaining about how bad it was cause he scored.

It all reminds me of Pierres awful "Can you believe it!" response "I can!" and then goes on a rant about icing the puck on an EN lol.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
What's the kid Rempe looking at the bench for. When you take a player out of the game there is a strong possibility someone will be coming for you to drop them. Nobody should care about the superficial mark on his face if he is in the lineup he is fit to play.

Good tilt. I think Reavo caught him on a couple rights but the Rempe jab reach was keeping a gap.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

If Rielly got 5, this has to get 7+ right?

No, dirty players and goons get rewarded in this league. Chara did dirty shit all the time but it was ok because he was just a tough gritty leader or whatever BS. The league doesn't punish those guys. Plus Rempe has been bringing a lot of eyes to the sport recently and the NHL won't want to jeopardize that by nerfing his physicality.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
If people even cared to pay closer attention, they would see that he was going for his signature strip to breakaway as soon as he saw the D man glove the puck and bounce it on the ice, but unfortunately number 84 was there and they glided on each other. This left him in an awkward no man's land on the play instead leaving desperation fly by as the only option.

Leave him be. When his plays end up working the puck is usually in the back of the net. Sometimes the play will fail hard. Such is life when you're a points producer.
1000017031.jpg

Wow. Good eye. 88 and 84 spotted.

f*** Keefe

Reactions: CelticDruid

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They won. I don't know what you are blathering about. Marners line was solid. He had the second highest expected goals next to Tavares and scored 1 regular and 1 OT goal.
Get a hold of yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tampa and Florida is like Battle of Ont back in the days except our Leafs didn’t win B2B Cups. TB owns Florida like how we owned the Sens back then.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They won. I don't know what you are blathering about. Marners line was solid. He had the second highest expected goals next to Tavares and scored 1 regular and 1 OT goal.
Get a hold of yourself.
Calm down. My OG comment was, I hope he learned from it bc don’t do it in the playoffs.
Don’t be so sensitive about a comment from the game.
We all had been saying, they to play the right way and develop good habits bc the margin of error is razor thin in the playoffs.
Get a hold of yourself.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
View attachment 828513

Wow. Good eye. 88 and 84 spotted.

f*** Keefe
Your pic sucks lmao. If people wanna see it for real the highlights are up on YouTube by now.

The benching only makes sense if Keefe told him beforehand he doesn't have the green light to attempt the blue line poke to breakaway. We will never have access to this information but I'm going to assume Keefe would never tell a Star forward that.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad