Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3 in the shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I love how there's a gang jumping in for Nylander and then another gang for Marner simultaneously.

Of course I'm rooting for the posters sticking up for the boys

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
The Leafs outplayed the rangers period. The most you can say is the Leafs weren't unlucky.
They may have outplayed the Rangers much of the game, but the Rangers got the best scoring chances and could've easily been up if it weren't for Samsonov coming up big throughout the game and into OT. Also 2 of the Leafs goals were assisted by Rangers players with a Gustafsson deflection and a double body bounce and into the net on the Tavares goal.

Marner's goal was the only one that actually beat Igor so yeah Leafs were very lucky to win this game.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Youre gonna get complaints if you pay for it and just last game Willy iced it but hit the net and no one was complaining about how bad it was cause he scored.

It all reminds me of Pierres awful "Can you believe it!" response "I can!" and then goes on a rant about icing the puck on an EN lol.

That’s the reality of it though. If McDavid did the same thing, it is still a bad play. Ofcourse if he scored, it is amazing.
Like the drop pass too, I love it but if Knies crap on it and missed it. It will be dissected by everyone a million ways.

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They may have outplayed the Rangers much of the game, but the Rangers got the best scoring chances and could've easily been up if it weren't for Samsonov coming up big throughout the game and into OT. Also 2 of the Leafs goals were assisted by Rangers players with a Gustafsson deflection and a double body bounce and into the net on the Tavares goal.

Marner's goal was the only one that actually beat Igor so yeah Leafs were very lucky to win this game.
Would not say lucky. Leafs played well. If anything Rangers was lucky to get a point and Rempe was lucky not get a 5mins major for charging.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Calm down. My OG comment was, I hope he learned from it bc don’t do it in the playoffs.
Don’t be so sensitive about a comment from the game.
We all had been saying, they to play the right way and develop good habits bc the margin of error is razor thin in the playoffs.
Get a hold of yourself.
Of course they’ll do it in the playoffs, they and all teams have been doing this for a few seasons now. Nylander and McMann have both scored doing this in the last few weeks. Vegas scored against the Leafs the same way.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
View attachment 828513

Wow. Good eye. 88 and 84 spotted.

fba9f75dd34558a0bb2ae223ad9ba5c86951edff.gif

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I think Nylander would have got the breakaway if 84 wasn't there. His legs can cover that distance as fast as you can blink as soon as defence drops the puck from his glove. He's done it many times in his career already

That was very nice defence by 84 realizing his Dman needs a pick.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I think Nylander would have got the breakaway if 84 wasn't there. His legs can cover that distance as fast as you can blink as soon as defence drops the puck from his glove. He's done it many times in his career already

That was very nice defence by 84 realizing his Dman needs a pick.
You know Nylanders a beast when the opponent is in our zone but still need to play defence on him running around.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Hate that Boosh is hurt but at the same time you don't know if a Reaves fight ends the kid's career and perhaps even life-quality right there.

Delicate/dicey situation, definitely something I haven't seen in the game in a very long time.

Rempe will have to settle it down, or maybe he won't and this is something teams are going to have to deal with when playing the Rangers and start an arms race...
Goon intentionally injures teammate, he gets whatever comes to him.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Although we outplayed them, Sammy made a couple massive saves to keep us in the game, feels good to have the goaltenders all playing well after the shit show that happened earlier this season.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Of course they’ll do it in the playoffs, they and all teams have been doing this for a few seasons now. Nylander and McMann have both scored doing this in the last few weeks. Vegas scored against the Leafs the same way.
Willie, yes.
McMann, no. As he was clearing the zone under pressure and it bounced off the board. If McMann planned that, he should be working for NASA.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Intermission of flames game, panel says we should have had a penalty shot with the extra man jumping in with 5 seconds left to disrupt play.

Anyway nice win. I can’t watch shootouts but glad we got the extra point.

If Rempe gets a fine for his hit would be second non call that gets supplementary discipline from league against leafs after Marchment on McCabe.

The video of that hit would be the textbook example of a charge.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Intermission of flames game, panel says we should have had a penalty shot with the extra man jumping in with 5 seconds left to disrupt play.

Anyway nice win. I can’t watch shootouts but glad we got the extra point.

If Rempe gets a fine for his hit would be second non call that gets supplementary discipline from league against leafs after Marchment on McCabe.

The video of that hit would be the textbook example of a charge.

I don't usually watch sportsnet intermissions but I seen this too. I also seen Friedman chime in like dork and bend backwards to explain how it shouldn't have been. Apparently the spirit of the rule is taking about 4 guys jumping on the ice at once (according to him)? :laugh:

When did he join the likes of Cox and Shannon as blatant Leaf haters with the worse takes? He wasn't this bad before was he? He was tripping over himself to talk about Rielly too, after the Greig hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad