Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3 in the shootout

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I've been hard on Sammy all year, and rightly so, but that was a gutsy performance to find a way to win after giving up the lead with 67 seconds to go, because of course it was 67, because it HAD to be 67.

To make that OT save, and find a way to win that game, he had to dig DEEP for that one that took guts.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Some ups and downs there. The main takeaway for me though is the win and two points.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
good win

GHtiKtQWMAAxnN0

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Answering the bell was very much optional given the condition he’s in…
Speculating but think on their first shift when they exchanged words Reavo was checking in and Rempe told him he couldn't go.

But then he sent Boosh to concussion protocol with a charge. Can't have it both ways.

So he had to answer for that, but Reavo caught him in the face a couple times so he had to call it early. Reavo played the whole thing cool.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Unfortunate they let it get past regulation. SO wins are like, whatever, but better than a loss.

One of Samsonov's best games as a Leaf? Felt like it was.

Somewhat crappy bounce on the game tying goal, but felt like it was coming to me.

I liked the effort, battle and pace. Hope Lub is not out long, that hit should warrant at minimum a fine since they missed the call in game, it was charge.

Good game against a good opponent with ending in a win. I'll take it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
MM really need to learn not to do that again.
Kind of glad it happened today, hopefully he learns not to backhand a puck into the EN when there was no pressure from the opposing team.

Sammy was amazing and it was a statement game for him.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Benoit’s turning into prime Francois Beauchemin or something. It’s nuts.
It's weird to say almost but It'd be scary to see how much worse they'd be without him this year with all the injuries and d man having bad years.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
MM really need to learn not to do that again.
Kind of glad it happened today, hopefully he learns not to backhand a puck into the EN when there was no pressure from the opposing team.

Sammy was amazing and it was a statement game for him.
Players are told to do that now, all teams do it.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Lucky win, but its still a win. Samsonov looked pretty damn good and if he plays this way the rest of the year the Leafs have a pretty good chance in the playoffs to do some damage.
Lucky?

69% xGF
75% HDCF
57% CF

And Keefe gave them a handicap by putting one of the leagues best on the bench for almost half a period. Rangers could have took a nice lead in the 1st period and blew it.

This one should have been a straight forward win. We were the better team.

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
Lucky win, but its still a win. Samsonov looked pretty damn good and if he plays this way the rest of the year the Leafs have a pretty good chance in the playoffs to do some damage.
How was it a lucky win we outplayed them and deserved the win . Had the Rangers won the shootout would it have been a lucky win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad