Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Funny thing happened with the change of coaches, our tough guys can play suddenly. Nice to know you can throw out Orr and Mclaren and one does the job defensively, and the other scores the game winning goal the other night.

Not to be forgotten, our = - leader is another of our tough guys, I wish we could play Boston tomorrow.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Funny thing happened with the change of coaches, our tough guys can play suddenly. Nice to know you can throw out Orr and Mclaren and one does the job defensively, and the other scores the game winning goal the other night.

Not to be forgotten, our = - leader is another of our tough guys, I wish we could play Boston tomorrow.

All in due time. I would like Frattin back for that. Put a little more pressure on their D. Gunnar needs to get his feet back under him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Feels good to see the team be able to go out there and play a simple, workmanlike game start to finish and just get the two points. Nothing crazy, no histrionics, just business. Bank the points, get more confidence, see how it goes against bigger opponents.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Let's see how they do today versus Tampa who has the most potent offense in the league right now.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
fraser +13 in 13 games
incredible!
he's flawless
i never see him make a mistake
and he hits guys hard
that hit on skinner was awesome

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Let's see how they do today versus Tampa who has the most potent offense in the league right now.

I think they are 1-4 and 2 in their last 7 though. Still will be a test for Leafs defensive scheme though.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tampa averages 3.93 goals per game. :amazed:

We'll really have to be sound defensively (3rd game in 4th night, back-to-back) and just grind it down.

And keep the forecheck going. Pass around puck faster than they skate, sure they can't skate faster than the puck.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Trade Kadri Nazem while his value is at an all-time high. It's only a matter of time before his Wilson-days mistakes return, old habits die hard.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If only Kulemin + Grabovski could find the intensity (forget the offense), that they did a couple seasons ago. They just lack determination. Disappointing to watch.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Glad to see the Leafs win. I've been watching your games lately and love the energy from your team. Kadri has looked great the past few games and I would love to see Phaneuf in a note, love his physical play and was a great pinch and pass for Kadri's goal.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Leafs are officially hot. they have won 6 out of there last 7

1254172884282.jpg

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Loved the win, with that terrible Ice I'm glad it was the LEAFS that got the bounces(crappy pun intended).

I really don't have a fault with anyone on the team individually at the moment. Even the Grabovski line is playing good defensively, which makes it a bit tougher to hate on their offensive struggles...

My only real concern is unnecessary give-aways in our own zone. I don't like how we get hemmed in our zone off of plays that never really should have developed. The Leafs have been AMAZING playing off the boards in general this year, but it blows when they have the right idea and follow through with poor execution sometimes. I also feel that a lot of the forwards and D-men have more time than they think, sometimes I feel they rush a play in the defensive zone that they really didn't have to, and it usual results in an icing.

In saying that, those can be improved and it's actually very refreshing to see this team actually have set plays in the Defensive zone to help get the puck out.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
great game by leafs. Scrivens 7 periods of shut out hockey.....damn. LOL it's funny how when the leafs are in florida the whole rink is wearing leaf jerseys.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
If the Leafs shutout the Panthers and no one is there to see it, did they really win the game?

Great game. I'm happy for Kadri - the guy is finally on display and proving a lot of people wrong.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Great to see Scrivens get another shutout. It was well deserved. First period wasn't very good. Puck was bouncing around like a ball, but mostly in that first period. They started off slow in the second period as well but eventually took over the play. It was nice to see them get a PP goal and it was nice to see them kill off all of their penalties.

Still a work in progress and I don't think there will be many occasions where we can look at their game and not find something to critique but the win is the most important thing.

Tampa is going to be much tougher. Their offense scares me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad