F - Lars Steiner - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL) - 2026 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022

Four point opening night in the Q and he’s still only 16. I feel like he was already starting to catch up to the other 2026 Swiss players so it’ll be interesting to see how high he can climb.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Four point opening night in the Q and he’s still only 16. I feel like he was already starting to catch up to the other 2026 Swiss players so it’ll be interesting to see how high he can climb.
Who you think he had to catch up to?

Personally, I'm very high on goalie prospect Jovin Trachsel who had an outstanding last season but you can't really compare skaters and goalies and the latter are tough to predict at this age anyway. When it comes to Swiss 2026 eligible skaters I think Steiner has been the by far most promising for a while now.

I agree with you that he's sort of a late bloomer though. I think that over the course of last season it became clear that he's the best Swiss 07 born forward already despite being a late birthday and Florian Schenk making decent progress as well.

Definitely interesting to see Steiner enter the CHL with a bang. Euro rookies usually need time to adjust both on and off the ice. Will be interesting to see if Steiner can keep it going and continue to score.

Last edited:

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Who you think he had to catch up to?

Personally, I'm very high on goalie prospect Jovin Trachsel who had an outstanding last season but you can't really compare skaters and goalies and the latter are tough to predict at this age anyway. When it comes to Swiss 2026 eligible skaters I think Steiner has been the by far most promising for a while now.

I agree with you that he's sort of a late bloomer though. I think that over the course of last season it became clear that he's the best Swiss 07 born forward already despite being a late birthday and Florian Schenk making decent progress as well.

Definitely interesting to see Steiner enter the CHL with a bang. Euro rookies usually need time to adjust both on and off the ice. Will be interesting to see if Steiner can keep it going and continue to score.
Hist development literally exploded last year. He went from some forward who wasn't even a mainstay on the U16 national team to arguably the best Swiss skater of the class. Maybe injuries have held him back earlier in his junior career. If you look at his games played stats, there were some seasons he has apparently only played a handful of games. Still its a pretty crazy rise. Makes you wonder how far he can go in the next two years until draft day. Its definitely not going to be just smoth sailing from now on though. He will have to prove that he can endure the CHL grind. But if he can held his own in the Q in the forseable future he should already be a strong candidate for this years WJC.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hist development literally exploded last year. He went from some forward who wasn't even a mainstay on the U16 national team to arguably the best Swiss skater of the class. Maybe injuries have held him back earlier in his junior career. If you look at his games played stats, there were some seasons he has apparently only played a handful of games. Still its a pretty crazy rise. Makes you wonder how far he can go in the next two years until draft day. Its definitely not going to be just smoth sailing from now on though. He will have to prove that he can endure the CHL grind. But if he can held his own in the Q in the forseable future he should already be a strong candidate for this years WJC.
My post was about the 2026 NHL draft. Lars Steiner was always the most promising Swiss born skater for that one. I'm not sure who else should have been frontrunner ahead of him. Again, Trachsel is very interesting as well but he's a goalie.

I agree Steiner is a late bloomer though. His last season (much like Trachsel's) was fantastic.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
My post was about the 2026 NHL draft. Lars Steiner was always the most promising Swiss born skater for that one. I'm not sure who else should have been frontrunner ahead of him. Again, Trachsel is very interesting as well but he's a goalie.

I agree Steiner is a late bloomer though. His last season (much like Trachsel's) was fantastic.
I was refering to the 07 birth year rather than the draft class, as its easier to compare them since they have all played for the same junior national team. I think you can still make a case for Schenk being in the same tier as Steiner particualrly because of Schenks physical attributes. Size seems to be getting more important at the draft again and Schenk has that in spades.

As far as his draft class is concerned its hard not to have Steiner as the front runner right now. But he has had one more year of competitive hockey under his belt compared to the 08 born players. And some of those have made great progress in the last few months/years as well. So I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone like Fabrice Bouvard could be seen as similarly talented in 2026. But only the future can tell.

And I agree with that it makes zero sense to compare skaters to goalies. Thats a whole other category in itself.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad