Friedman: Leafs willing to move 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
And the sad reality is the Leafs would have been better if they just resigned Bunting, Kerfoot, kept Lafferty, and signed either Cole, Soucy, or even Dumba instead of Klingberg.

Why are the Leafs interested in Tanev then?

to use him as #3 or 4th probably with rielly

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
connieBASED.jpg

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Seems like every other player wants to play for the Maple Leafs, and I'm not surprised. Now that we know the 1st round pick is in play, here's a trade I'd be willing to make:

TOR: Sidney Crosby
PIT: Matty Knies, 1st

Pens are shite this year. Everyone knows this. GM Corsi King should do the right thing and set Sidney free. He would instantly demote Johnny to the 3rd line, where he belongs. This is a trade forged in the depths of HELL. With this one simple move, Toronto ensures the Cup win.
“I’d be willing to make” Christ is that ever thoughtful of you

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
to use him as #3 or 4th probably with rielly
Tanev is a little better but that is reflected in their cap hits as well. Stylistically and statistically, they are very similar. Considering the acquisition cost, getting Cole and then acquiring a puck-moving 2nd pairing would have been a better scenario. And as long we're playing the shoulda, woulda, coulda game- Gostisbehere would have a much superior signing than Klingberg at the same price and the same type of player. This thread has helped confirm just how poor Treliving's choices were last summer.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Tanev is a little better but that is reflected in their cap hits as well. Stylistically and statistically, they are very similar. Considering the acquisition cost, getting Cole and then acquiring a puck-moving 2nd pairing would have been a better scenario. And as long we're playing the shoulda, woulda, coulda game- Gostisbehere would have a much superior signing than Klingberg at the same price and the same type of player. This thread has helped confirm just how poor Treliving's choices were last summer.

1-klinberg played 3 game healthy, nobody could expect an injury of 8 year ago coming back there and broke completly his season. We cant evaluate that signing..

ps gostibehere is a 3rd pair offensive dmen who can play on pp.. hes nkt a 2nd pair dman

2- cole is a LD, tanev a RD... making a huge difference here and cole had been basically his entire carreer as a 3rd pair dman, Tanev played on top shutdown pair his entire carreer... sorry i cant

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
Team is no where close to competing. Trading the pick for rentals will set them back even more.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Brodie - Montreal likely flip him
Jones
1st round pick

For

Savard - not a rental another year
Allen - try to shore up consistency in net
Pearson@50% - scoring depth

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And the sad reality is the Leafs would have been better if they just resigned Bunting, Kerfoot, kept Lafferty, and signed either Cole, Soucy, or even Dumba instead of Klingberg.
Bunting and Kerfoot signed to term. That's the point you're consistently avoiding. There was uncertainty going into this offseason because your top four were all unsigned. Having guys signed beyond this year could've prevented your team from having the ability to pivot in a meaningful way if it was necessary.

You may have a point about defensemen considering Klingberg failed spectacularly, but the team is much farther away than a Soucy or a Cole signing. Deckchairs on the Titanic.

Reactions: malcb33

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They have neither a 2025 1st nor a 2024 2nd...
I wonder if a team like this makes a hard line in the sand to keep picks at some point. This might be a good year to do so. Something just isn't right, and they already re signed Matthews and Nylander.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I hope they don’t trade the pick and deprive us of years hearing about how they drafted the best player in the draft. I know…I know…they’ll say it about their third rounder instead. But you can tell at least 7 percent of them don’t believe it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Team is in try to win now mode! Why on earth do fans care if they use future assets to try and WIN the CUP????? You would rather they do nothing, maybe still not win, just so they can have a late 1st round pick, most of whom are lucky to turn into a decent 3rd/4th liner or 3rd pair D, and many are nothing at all?

They have D and G issues, if they don't try to fix them at this deadline, you may as well fire Treliving and admit you are fine just being a good team, with holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad