GDT: | Leafs vs. Ducks | 7:00pm | Tuesday Oct. 22, 2013 | Sportsnet | Duck Hunter Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
When I see teams playing against the leafs, they have these easy ass entires into the zone because the forward is moving the puch through the neutral zone given quick passes from the D. We just sit there and let the D-man take care of the zone entry, the **** is that? We need to make short passes to get in the zone and get shots.

Leafs can't make any passes of any kind right now. Nor are they at all competent at chipping and retrieving the puck along the boards. Yet they keep trying, over and over and over and over and over and over and...:cry:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Franson doesn't understand the meaning of back off from the line. Every play he is pinching.

****ing terrible. Trade his punk ass and get someone Who can Play DEFENSE

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
That was one of the ugliest periods I've seen since their last game. Is the ice at ACC this bad, I can't see any other reason why 2 professionals can't complete a 10-ft pass with nobody between them without screwing it up.

Offensively, yes.

If you like defensive hockey, though, that was an excellent period by both sides. :nod:

Not many people like defensive hockey though.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
You guys are ridiculous sometimes. 2 shots is alarming. But we played pretty well in that period I thought.

They only had 6 shots too. It's not like we're getting outplayed. It's just been a tight game with few shots.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I just came home right now. I checked that we only have two shots on goal. Is it really that bad?

It's not THAT bad but it's not good either. Missed the net on a few chances.

The play itself is a lot closer than the boxscores is indicating. Anaheim hasn't generated much and their goal was on a bad break.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Leafs feed team just made a point. They say Toronto ranks high in hits, but the hits are never in a situation where they have an effect. They are not made as a part of an effective forecheck or something like this. The hits are there, but they are not exactly physically dominant.

They also just trashed advanced stats and saying how they don't agree with the whole criticism against Toronto, saying that they are not seeing it. Pretty weird conclusion to make now, when the last few games have made it seem spot on.

And now one of them mentioning how his son had sent a text messages about how Leafs were no longer a pain to watch or something like that, which they agreed with.

"Leafs are not really banging. They have 15 hits but do you remember any of them? That's not really banging."

It's pretty fun to listen to.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Why the **** does Kadri always tries to deke out three ****ing guys in center ice. Your not ****ing datsyuk and it barely ****ing work at times.
Although i agree with you on principal I think he only did that once in the period and it worked, he got the puck in deep. In fact he has no turnovers listed and certainly what you described would have cost him a giveaway on the game stats.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I love Franson, but the last few weeks of people making him more than he is makes me lol. He's a 4/5 dman who plays 1st powerplay. Nothing more. Lol at those who say he could handle Phaneufs responsibilities.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I'm really getting tired of the defencemen just shooting it off the boards when it's in our zone. I wish they would use their god damn eyes and evaluate if there's a passing lane. Most of these guys are scared to take a hit to make the play.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
LOL @ people trying to argue that the Leafs actually played well.

If they played a period of hockey like that last year they would've been crucified on here.

I understand, baby steps. But honestly, the Leafs are playing like a lottery team right now and have been for a while.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
You're probably, literally, the only one.

Yeah I don't think so. He's slow and can't play defense, even with his very sheltered icetime.

We've already got a guy with 'special abilities' that sucks at defense...and he can actually skate. His name is Jake Gardiner.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
wouldn't mind seeing Rielly up with Phaneuf at all.

Gunnar could help stabilize Franson a bit. Franson needs it I think.

member 147413

Gunnarsson has been absolutely terrible this year and was last year as well. Cannot play defense or make a breakout pass. Quite a frustrating team to watch. I'm not ready to jump to conclusions yet though.

Franson needs to read plays better.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I just came home right now. I checked that we only have two shots on goal. Is it really that bad?

No. Not at all. We had a lot more zone time. A lot of shots were blocked or missed the net. We're also better defensively and more physical. People on here just love being dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad