GDT: | Leafs vs. Ducks | 7:00pm | Tuesday Oct. 22, 2013 | Sportsnet | Duck Hunter Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Phaneuf looks so slow out there...he's slower than Chara, I guarantee you that. He skates slower than Chara.

Sloppy, having trouble negotiating with 3rd liners coming across his wing and not even physical anymore. Phaneuf has been garbage.

Not sure I want 6.5M+ Phaneuf on our blue line for another 6-8 years.

glg51*

If the Leafs lobbed a few shots from the blueline, would that shut you guys up?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Gunnarsson has been absolutely terrible this year and was last year as well. Cannot play defense or make a breakout pass. Quite a frustrating team to watch. I'm not ready to jump to conclusions yet though.

Franson needs to read plays better.

Not sure what team you're watching. But the one I'm watching has a first pairing that's shutting down top lines and owning the penalty kill.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
The blueline is a bit of a mess, but there's always room for Franson's special teams abilities. Not really enjoying Gunnarsson though. Phaneuf is so slow and sloppy.

You do understand that our D is not our first problem right now. Defencemen don't dictate how many shots are going to the net.

Also, puck possession problem comes from the entire team, not just defencemen :shakehead

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The way we're playing, that record isn't going to stay that good for long. They've been terrible lately.

well, the hottest team in the league, the Ducks, needed a lucky player collision to get one quality scoring chance that period.

I guess they're terrible too.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
dammit, Rielly is awesome.

put him with phaneuf already, and play the **** out of that pairing.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You do understand that our D is not our first problem right now. Defencemen don't dictate how many shots are going to the net.

Also, puck possession problem comes from the entire team, not just defencemen :shakehead

Our puck possessions sucks all round. Forwards are bad, defense is worse. We're always stuck in our zone and get 1 or 2 chances while the team we face pops 10 shots and zone time in our zone.

The more you have the puck, the likely it is that your team will win because you have more opportunities to shoot the puck. It's as simple as that.

Can Carlyle learn some things from Boudreau after his team wins against us? They went from one of the worst teams to one of the best as far as Fenwick/Corsi goes...

Teach us Boudreau!

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
well, the hottest team in the league, the Ducks, needed a lucky player collision to get one quality scoring chance that period.

I guess they're terrible too.

They dominated possession, as has every team except Montreal and Edmonton against the Leafs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad