Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign RHD John Klingberg (1 year, $4.15M) | UPD 11/23: LTIR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
From Keefe himself: Seems like Klingberg is gonna be out long term. Looks like he's getting Robidas'd.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I hope you guys heard the offensive (lack of) stats the play by play guys stated just now in the wild game.

We had no choice. We had to take this gamble. If it wasn't Klingberg it would be whatever other offensive option was available (But same tier).

All he has to do is come back and put up an assist every other game to be a win. We are in severe drought for defensive offense after Rielly.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I hope you guys heard the offensive (lack of) stats the play by play guys stated just now in the wild game.

We had no choice. We had to take this gamble. If it wasn't Klingberg it would be whatever other offensive option was available (But same tier).

All he has to do is come back and put up an assist every other game to be a win. We are in severe drought for defensive offense after Rielly.
I guess it's better to give up 5 mil cap space for 1 year for the Barrie 2.0 than to lose Kadri forever for Barrie 1.0

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

The reasoning behind and need for getting a Klingberg offensively was always clearly well supported imo. I talked about it for months before we actually signed Klingberg, but it seems like between defensive struggles and lingering injury we bet on the wrong player to be that solution

Reactions: authentic and Havoc

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Why people can't get over Kadri is baffling.

50-60 point player with maturity/discipline issues who had one outlier season, and has always had very inconsistent effort.
Not sure where you're getting this from, strongly disagree.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
he had drive and hustle yes but I feel like his production was on and off IMO.
I don't believe he had more ups and downs here that is normal for any player. I do remember him playing at a high level, well above his pay grade for a number of years here when he was straddling the line between #2C/#1C. I remember one season when it's true, he was struggling to put up points for the first 6 weeks or so but he was playing fantastic at the time, him and his linemates just kept hitting the post.

I completely understand why he was moved but it was the playoff suspensions that did it, plus we signed JT. He was my favorite player for years and I followed him closely, I don't even remember anyone saying he was inconsistent before today.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

But if he’s costing more goals than he scores what is really the point other than to say look we got another offensive defenseman?

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I prefer William Lagesson over either Klingberg or Zadorov.

I could imagine Klingberg going to LTIR.

If the Leafs trade for Zadorov, that's fine as long as they don't pay more than a third-round draft pick, and maybe a useless prospect.

Reactions: authentic

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I guess it's better to give up 5 mil cap space for 1 year for the Barrie 2.0 than to lose Kadri forever for Barrie 1.0
We will get the 5 mil back when he goes on LTIR. Klingberg situation isn't big deal.

Won't accrue but still enough to add good insulation.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Isn't there some kind of issue with accruing cap space relative to LTIR dollars? I don't know this stuff well at all, but I thought there was a downside to using LTIR too much.

Yeah, you don't accrue cap space when you are using LTIR.

They are going to be using LITR all year because of Muzzin and Murray, so adding another player won't really change anything.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I really supported the signing to get Klingberg and figured last year was just a trainwreck season. So much transition game and offensive, PP QB upside, long rangy body, and how back could his defense be if he was backstopping a team to the finals 3 years ago...

But upon first impressions Klingberg looks like severely damaged goods. The fact that the team can be night and day more stable with him taken out of the equation is also very telling. If we can, I say LTIR the guy and let him have whatever surgeries and rehab he needs. And just clear the cap to do something down the road.

Reactions: authentic and Havoc

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I prefer William Lagesson over either Klingberg or Zadorov.

I could imagine Klingberg going to LTIR.

If the Leafs trade for Zadorov, that's fine as long as they don't pay more than a third-round draft pick, and maybe a useless prospect.
Lagesson has been really good. I wouldn’t mind a third pair of Zadorov - Lagesson.

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad