Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

horner

May 22, 2007
I'd imagine Calgary in the NHL is what the Raptors are to the NBA. You have to overpay or give out more term to convince guys to go there.

Treliving will have the Toronto allure now to his benefit. Something Dubas lost. Nobody is running to Pittsburgh
Our deals will be made in the summer not at the TDL giving up all our draft picks.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Dare I state that Toronto is handily winning the July 2nd Cup? What a difference a day can make!

I honestly would have been thrilled to land either of Bertuzzi or Domi. I really couldn't have imagined both possibly being in the cards and now on the books. GLG!!!

Last edited:

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Way too much grit/60 for Dubas to have pulled this off. 1 year deals leaving the door open for extensions to see how everything plays out, just solid. Finally the leafs will be a group that can't be f***ed around with. Watching teams with Domi, Roberts, Corson, Tucker, Marchment, Belak, Orr. I've been outspoken about this teams need for this for a long time.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This has been a great recovery after a bad day 1. However Treliving can't hurt it with either an overpayment on a Nylander contract, or not getting enough value back if he has to trade him.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Meh. Not his biggest fan,.but he will at least wear his heart on his sleeve.

This team can sneak into the playoffs, its far beter to be a handfull afterwards. I like that he is bringing in guys with confidence and ego. As long as he continues in this vein and he makes the trades needed they will at least lose again with the core again with some flair and fight.

Rest assured they will falter again though.

These players amount to one year rentals. Will they feel they are a part of the Clubhouse?

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This is kinda awesome actually. It's turning around!

Great recovery indeed. Considering these are both 1 year contracts in a weak FA pool
Next year pool opens up more, we just have to buy some time

In betwen we have deals to muster with Auston and we got players that were different from our previous gen

No Holl
No Kerfoot
No Bunting

That's the win

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Klingberg will likely be the best move of the leafs summer.

Fans will be shocked how hes a 50+ pt PMD #2D for us.

This is a good move as well, but klingberg will bounce back huge
I think Klingberg will always provide offence and will speed up our team due to his skating and passing(stretch pass).
The question will be will his offense compensate for his defence.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Sammy Kat

Jun 14, 2021
Dare I state that Toronto is handily winning the July 2nd Cup?

I honestly would have been thrilled to land either of Bertuzzi or Domi. I really couldn't have imagined both possibly being in the cards and now on the books. GLG!!!
Very true.

When I saw the wish lists I was like yes Bert and Domi would be sweet but never going to happen unless someone has a magic lamp.

Well I guess Tre has that lamp so we can expect one more really good wish.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Klingberg will likely be the best move of the leafs summer.

Fans will be shocked how hes a 50+ pt PMD #2D for us.

This is a good move as well, but klingberg will bounce back huge
Bold statement, but I feel you're right, maybe not 50+ points but close and having another puck mover will really help

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Will Domi and Bertuzzi play on a 3rd line?

my hopes are Bertuzzi plays with Tavares and Jarnkrok, then Domi is 3LW or 3C with Nylander and Robertson/Holmberg.

One of our strengths will be having a PPG player on each line.

Obviously, Knies/Matthews/Marner would get the top matchups from the other team, but either Robertson/Domi/Nylander or Bertuzzi/Tavares/Jarnkrok are likely getting a 3rd line with 3rd pairing D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad