Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Sam Bennett KTFO’d Knies for the series with a dirty cheap shot - - not only was he not suspended, he didn’t even get a penalty.

Have people not yet realized that a roster full of soft timid choir boys is never going to win in the playoffs?
And you don't realize that nothing they have done this offseason would have prevented that?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Complete BS. he signed a bet on myself deal a year before a big cap jump so he can cash in later with whoever pays him next year

If that was really true he would have signed like 3mx7y
Maybe he is going to sign a longer deal after this season....maybe he realizes he can probably make a lot of money in endorsements playing in this market for a long time after his career in hockey is over....maybe....

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think Domi might be a bit overrated for what he'll bring but certainly that PITA factor will be nice in the middle of the line up. Knies and Bertuzzi should allow Domi to mix it up lower in the line up and give the Leafs' bottom 6 a new look.

And for 1 year, why not.

I agree. I think it's more likely Domi re-signs here if he plays well enough to warrant it then Bertuzzi, who will be seeking massive dollars.

Reactions: Buds17

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Complete BS. he signed a bet on myself deal a year before a big cap jump so he can cash in later with whoever pays him next year

Domi himself said he’s been trying to be a maple leaf for a long time. I think both are true. Domi wants stability. He wants a long term deal but I believe based on all reports he wants that long term deal to be in Toronto.

It sounds like he tried to get to Toronto multiple times and it didnt work out. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to be included in the McCabe deal and we went with Lafferty instead.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
An underrated part of this trade: Treliving giving a subtle F-U to Paul Marner. I think that Marner and Domi (fathers) were feuding for a while (at least that's what I heard). Treliving is essentially signalling that he has no f***s to give about that and will do what's best for the team.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Putting up 13 points in 19 playoff games for a team that overachieved and made it to the conference finals is what would be referred to as a “playoff performer”.
Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.52.28 AM.png

Proven playoff performer

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.52.58 AM.png

Great playoffs

vs

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.53.21 AM.png

Bad playoff performer

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 8.53.52 AM.png

Bad playoffs

------

Domi had 8 pts in 3 games and then 5 in the remaining 16...

2pts in 6 games while his team got eliminated... worse than Marner's stats against Florida.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Maybe Tre is the one who insisted on one year.

Reactions: ACC1224

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Exactly what Shanahan is telling him to do.
Sure sure, you've had a busy day
Those lines are mint. I’d like to see Robertson get a chance with Nylander. They looked unstoppable together in their brief time together. Jarnkrok and Tavares also worked well.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Domi-Nylander
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty
Can't see them putting all that pressure on Knies, when they have a veteran top 6 guy that can play there sure it's possible but fairly low on the probability scale, unless of course Auston wants someone else there.
How many 5 million plus play on 3rd line?
I'm not sure, how long do I have to research this:cool:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Brad said in his media availability comments they have domi listed as a winger. I know you really want it different but Tavares is locked into that 2C spot.
Absolutely what I'd like to see rather than what I expect.

If JT is still 2C by the end of the season, I'll seriously reconsider my blaming his contract all on Dubas, and start including Shanahan.

How many 5 million plus play on 3rd line?
How many 11 million play on the second line?

Leafs waltz to the beat of their own kazoo.

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Domi had 8 pts in 3 games and then 5 in the remaining 16...

2pts in 6 games while his team got eliminated... worse than Marner's stats against Florida.
You're right, 2 pts in 6 games is less than Marner's 3 points in his last 6 playoff games. Mind you Marner got what, about 10 minutes more ice time per game, does that have any relevance in your world?

Domi's numbers are even worse than Marner's, holy smokes! Point taken (if we ignore ATOI anyway). Oh well, I guess I can find some comfort from the fact that his cap hit is what, almost 8 million less than Marner's?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Absolutely what I'd like to see rather than what I expect.

If JT is still 2C by the end of the season, I'll seriously reconsider my blaming his contract all on Dubas, and start including Shanahan.

How many 11 million play on the second line?

Leafs waltz to the beat of their own kazoo.

you need to get over the contract, it was a UFA signing. Biggest UFA in history. First former 1st overall in the salary cap era to make it to UFA. he was obviously going to break the bank.

Tavares contract never was the issue. He was a UFA and took less to come here. Whether it was Lou, Hunter, Futa whoever else you wanted, Tavares was going to become a Maple Leaf and make 11 mill.

Our cap has always been f***ed because we over paid RFA's, point blank period. Kapanen and Johnsson - Paid too much

Matthews, Marner and Nylander all paid too much out of ELC's.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You're right, 2 pts in 6 games is less than Marner's 3 points in his last 6 playoff games. Mind you Marner got what, about 10 minutes more ice time per game, does that have any relevance in your world?

Domi's numbers are even worse than Marner's, holy smokes! Point taken (if we ignore ATOI anyway). Oh well, I guess I can find some comfort from the fact that his cap hit is what, almost 8 million less than Marner's?

Domi only brings offense and is a liability defensively... does that have any relevance?

This is in response to someone claiming he is a playoff performer.

I showed what a playoff no-show looks like (Marner), and what the person thinks a playoff performer looks like (Domi), that's all.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Sure sure, you've had a busy day

Can't see them putting all that pressure on Knies, when they have a veteran top 6 guy that can play there sure it's possible but fairly low on the probability scale, unless of course Auston wants someone else there.

I'm not sure, how long do I have to research this:cool:
Take your time. Bertuzzi is top 6.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Maybe Tre is the one who insisted on one year.

If Domi really wanted to retire a leaf, he'd take less for term. I bet he's perfectly happy for a 1 year rebound season. Don't need much talent to put up 60-70 points playing on either of the Leafs top 2 lines. Then find a team willing to overpay for like 6x7

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
There were rumours about him being a locker room cancer, especially in Montreal.

I’d put no stock into anything that comes out of Montreal. Have you noticed every high profile player traded out of there is a locker room cancer? The organization has an issue with personality.

PK Subban was a locker room cancer apparently.

Max Pacioretty was a locker room cancer apparently.

Max Domi was a locker room cancer.

Jonathan Drouin, the list goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad