Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sounds exactly like the Corey Perry situation.

Tough forward who plays with an edge and a proven playoff performer willing to take less money to play in Toronto.

But Dumbass preferred gimps like Al Kerfoot and Pete Engvall instead.

Also an ex-London Knight if we believe there was an organizational prejudice against that organization.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Sounds exactly like the Corey Perry situation.

Tough forward who plays with an edge and a proven playoff performer willing to take less money to play in Toronto.

But Dumbass preferred gimps like Al Kerfoot and Pete Engvall instead.

What is a proven playoff performer in your eyes? Domi is not one, but I am curious about your definition.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A few years ago, it came down to Perry or Simmonds .. both were looking like they were only depth forwards. Leafs went with Simmonds, and Perry had a nicer resurgence elsewhere.
It was more-so that Simmonds had already been signed for months, and there was no role left for Perry, when Perry finally decided a couple weeks before the season to accept where his career was at.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don't mind the idea of spreading out Matthews/Marner/Nylander all on their own lines.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Jarnkrok
Knies-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Domi-Nylander
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty
Those lines are mint. I’d like to see Robertson get a chance with Nylander. They looked unstoppable together in their brief time together. Jarnkrok and Tavares also worked well.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Domi-Nylander
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Also an ex-London Knight if we believe there was an organizational prejudice against that organization.

Zadarov played with Marner and Domi. I’m still waiting for that Brodie/Liljegren for Zadarov/Tanev and picks trade.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Brutal. Pretty disappointed to come home to this news.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
It'll be interesting how they design the lines as Treliving stated he has him right now at wing.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Being terrified of physical play and “avoiding that stupidness” is the reason why Toronto has been such a catastrophic failure in the playoffs.

Small, slow finesse players might be ok in women’s hockey but they’re useless for the NHL.
Stop the exaggeration. People know what I mean.
Stupidness gets suspensions. Pentalties in games. Costs teams. See Nazim Kadri/MBunting etc...
Nothing wrong with physicality and toughness & protecting your teamates thats definitely needed.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner could be one of the best lines in the NHL. We’ve had some good lines over the last few years but I can never recall having the best one in points.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Those lines are mint. I’d like to see Robertson get a chance with Nylander. They looked unstoppable together in their brief time together. Jarnkrok and Tavares also worked well.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Domi-Nylander
Reaves-Kampf-Lafferty
Bertuzzi on line 1 & and Domi should be on 2nd line

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Stop the exaggeration. People know what I mean.
Stupidness gets suspensions. Pentalties in games. Costs teams. See Nazim Kadri/MBunting etc...
Nothing wrong with physicality and toughness & protecting your teamates thats definitely needed.

Sam Bennett KTFO’d Knies for the series with a dirty cheap shot - - not only was he not suspended, he didn’t even get a penalty.

Have people not yet realized that a roster full of soft timid choir boys is never going to win in the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad