Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
It's a Tuesday?
1729657069456.png

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Honestly disappointed. Was looking for a big effort following up on the b2b, that would have been big. Complete garbage.

Well next up now. Failed the b2b test, let’s see how they do on rebound from brutal performance.

Reactions: leafs in five

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not a good game by anyone - some worse than others. At least a couple that Hildeby should have had, but several just bad coverage.

1st - bad coverage by Tanev and Rielly.
2nd - too much separation led to OEL pass cut off, Marner not taking his man, Hildeby missed it.
3rd - bad pinch by Domi, but it was just a shot that should have been stopped.
4th - Matty and Mitch floating back.
5th - Domi didn't cover his man, Benoit slow out of the corner. Moving Willy up with Matty and Mitch leaves the second line of Domi, Knies, and McMann - not good defensively.
6th - Matty overcommitted with Knies already there and Marner nowhere in sight.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Sittler 27

Best fans Anywhere
Jun 12, 2010
I still don't like that our PP is always looking for Matthews, the other team knows he is going to be the shooter and they are on it... we need shots from all angles. In all my time watching hockey, I don't remember power plays depending on one player so much.
Been saying that for awhile

Reactions: no2ninja

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
This core is just so bad. Collective of Matthews, Nylander and Marner aren’t gonna achieve anything besides the dog shit they like to eat every year. Get McDavid and kick these f***ing losers off the team.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Split them up. It’s the one thing they haven’t tried. Would it kill them to try Knies with Matthews and Nylander?

looking at JVR with Columbus, how the hell did we not choose him over patches. He’s exactly what we need on the PP.
I don’t think JVR would want to play with these losers. Since these losers were the reason why he was traded from Toronto. Look how pathetic this team is even with the 1st overall pick.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The best way to teach kids how to swim is to drown them first.

That's why getting shelled is good for goaltender development. Berube is on to some new age thinking. Have your goaltending prospects get slammed and they'll be better off.

Sink or swim just throw him in the deep end and hope he floats.

It's impossible to lay the whole blame for this pathetic performance on Hildeby. He needed to be a lot better for sure but so did the rest of the team. OEL and Tanev in particular did him no favours.

I see the excuses brigade are blaming this one on fatigue.

Which could be reasonable given the two over the hill defensemen stinking up the place. Except Tampa scored eight tonight against a much better opponent. Maybe the Leafs should have let Columbus score a few more too.

A spanking like that might teach everyone on the team a good lesson.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
If the leafs don’t make atleast the conf final, and resign shanahan and marner, there would be no point in hoping for a cup for the foreseeable future

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Someone was a bit too high from the Bruins losing their game. Schadenfreude loss

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think JVR would want to play with these losers. Since these losers were the reason why he was traded from Toronto. Look how pathetic this team is even with the 1st overall pick.

JVR was never traded from Toronto. He left as a UFA and went back to Philly. We couldn’t afford him at 7 million. We kept him and Bozak as own rentals when we SHOULD have traded them.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
When Matty takes a night off team is in trouble .. JT is finished .. Willy had his wheels but can't control a game by himself .. last night you saw how exposed we are down middle of ice when Matty doesn't bring it .. oh well 1st game this season where opponent outplayed them .. it is gonna occur over a long season especially in pre XMAS shinny hockey

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I want to see Murray backing up before I see more of Hildeby.
This was the very definition of a team loss, no one was good. If there’s a bright side Nicky Bobby go the monkey off his back……..

I still don't like that our PP is always looking for Matthews, the other team knows he is going to be the shooter and they are on it... we need shots from all angles. In all my time watching hockey, I don't remember power plays depending on one player so much.
Point shot please……..

Been saying that for awhile
It’s so predictable………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The last two games are the Ying and Yang of the Leafs in a nutshell, thankfully it took 7 games to see it………

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad