Proposal: Leafs-NYI and Leafs-Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ok 1st deal is with the Isles for Mayfield, they need a LHD with some offense and systems wise can make good use of bigger slower guys.
Mayfield to the Leafs
Dermott+Robertson+Ritche to the Isles

If any team can turn Ritche around its the Isles
even if they have to keep Ritche scratched they do pretty good.

the 2nd deal is , not sure but I think Amirov fits the Habs more than Robertson
Amirov+2nd to the Habs for Lehkonen

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Have to include a pick for Isles to say yes I’d think.
Second deal isn’t worth it IMO. Forward depth is fine. You’d have to focus on defensive depth with available assets I’d think.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No to both. Amirov although he's been injured, is a great prospect. Him +2nd is over payment.

I like Mayfield and his size, but again Dermott + Robertson is an over payment. 20 years old, nearly PPG in the AHL. He's been injured as well but he's going to be a legitimate top 6 winger for a long time. Mayfield isn't that good that i'd be willing to move Robertson for him. Ritchie is a dump, but we can get rid of him in the summer. Not worth it imo.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So a recent 1st plus a 2nd for Lehky? Seems like an overpayment. Easy yes from Montreal.
Maybe I am overpaying but I have always liked his game. I really think he would be the perfect addition to sure up our LW depth.
We would have Bunting, Lehk, Mikheyev, Kerfoot and Engvall for depth
ironically I think Lehk may play 4th line or 2nd line
Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Lehk/Mikheyev-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Kampf-Kase
Lehk/Mikheyev-Spezza-Simmonds
is the line up I like, also we can run Marner and Lehkonen on the PK and watch the world burn

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
No to both. Amirov although he's been injured, is a great prospect. Him +2nd is over payment.

I like Mayfield and his size, but again Dermott + Robertson is an over payment. 20 years old, nearly PPG in the AHL. He's been injured as well but he's going to be a legitimate top 6 winger for a long time. Mayfield isn't that good that i'd be willing to move Robertson for him. Ritchie is a dump, but we can get rid of him in the summer. Not worth it imo.
keep in mind its HF and the Leafs so you have to go min 25% more value that you think so you don't get flamed

Reactions: Confucius

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd rather keep Lehkonen for one more season. Next season, however, if he's heading towards UFA, I pull the trigger on the deal.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Dermott and Robertson would be an overpayment but I would think it would get it done. Isles might have to throw in something. Dubas likes 7th's so maybe two of them. Didn't he have like 5 7th rounders last year?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ok 1st deal is with the Isles for Mayfield, they need a LHD with some offense and systems wise can make good use of bigger slower guys.
Mayfield to the Leafs

Career high 31-points Lehkonen? Is this who we're talking about? Like that 3rd line player?

Reactions: Sinkkunaattori

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Mayfield to the Leafs

A cap dump in Ritchie, a dman Dermott who cant even crack the leafs top 6, a b-level prospect Robertson for Mayfield. He is a top 3 or 4 stay at home dman on a good contract. It would cost the leafs more then that. You would have to pay for the Isles to take on that Ritchie contract alone.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
That trade for Lehkonen is insane.

Torn on the Mayfield trade. Which probably makes it pretty close.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
A cap dump in Ritchie, a dman Dermott who cant even crack the leafs top 6, a b-level prospect Robertson for Mayfield. He is a top 3 or 4 stay at home dman on a good contract. It would cost the leafs more then that. You would have to pay for the Isles to take on that Ritchie contract alone.
Dermott is better than your are giving him credit for and Robertson is a good prospect. Most other people seem to thing these are more than fair

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015

Robertson has excelled and exceeded expectations relative to his draft position for a couple of years now. He is not a B level prospect.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Not a fan of the Mayfield trade. Value wise it’s probably close but I would rather find a different way than trading Robby to shore up our D

that Lehkonen trade though? wow that’s got to be one of the worst trade offers I have ever seen

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Mayfield is not on a good contract he is on a great contract. He is also a proven playoff warrior. Dermott is ok to good and has not shown he is going to be anything more then that. Robertson has only played 23 games of AHL hockey so for anyone to write he is a sure thing is just speculation. Ritchie is of zero interest as the Islanders have a bunch of under performing forwards right now.
So basically it is a known 2nd pairing defense men on a great contract for a lesser dman and unknown and a dump. If LL is going to sell at the deadline I have to think he will get a better offer then this.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Mayfield to the Leafs

That's an overpayment for Lehkonen.

Reactions: Ciao

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Career high 31-points Lehkonen? Is this who we're talking about? Like that 3rd line player?

Isn’t he the kind of player that would have helped Toronto get over Montreal last playoff? No offense to the Simmonds, Galchenyuk & Spezza of this world but Lehkonen is the kind of player who can shut down the opponents top players, you know, which is also kind if important (it’s not just about scoring goals).

As for the offer itself, I would prefer a first round pick and a lesser prospect. Not that big of a fan of Amirov

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Isn’t he the kind of player that would have helped Toronto get over Montreal last playoff? No offense to the Simmonds, Galchenyuk & Spezza of this world but Lehkonen is the kind of player who can shut down the opponents top players, you know, which is also kind if important (it’s not just about scoring goals).

As for the offer itself, I would prefer a first round pick and a lesser prospect. Not that big of a fan of Amirov

Who would the Leafs be worried about shutting down on MTL last year? Anyway, again, they lost to Montreal because Marner and Matthews produced 1 goal combined. A Lehkonen type wouldn't have made Matthews and Marner create more goals.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Mayfield to the Leafs

I had to double check that your a Leafs fan so Montreal accepts and runs away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad