Proposal: Leafs-NYI and Leafs-Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If you simply added Mayfield to the Leafs he joins the 2nd pairing and Dermott joins the press box.

Likely so, but 95% of that comes down to fit, not because Mayfield is a substantially better defenceman, because he's not.

From an overall capability standpoint, there's extremely little separating the 4-5-6-7 defencemen on Leafs, being (in no paticular order) Holl, Dermott, Sandin, Liljegren.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ok 1st deal is with the Isles for Mayfield, they need a LHD with some offense and systems wise can make good use of bigger slower guys.
Mayfield to the Leafs
Dermott+Robertson+Ritche to the Isles

If any team can turn Ritche around its the Isles
even if they have to keep Ritche scratched they do pretty good.

the 2nd deal is , not sure but I think Amirov fits the Habs more than Robertson
Amirov+2nd to the Habs for Lehkonen
Sounds too high on Leafs end. Unless Amiriv has slid since his draft. A late first would bring them Lekhs.

How about Chiarot and Lekhs 50% retained, for a first this year, a second next year and either Amirov or Robertson Leafs choice?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ok 1st deal is with the Isles for Mayfield, they need a LHD with some offense and systems wise can make good use of bigger slower guys.
Mayfield to the Leafs
Dermott+Robertson+Ritche to the Isles

If any team can turn Ritche around its the Isles
even if they have to keep Ritche scratched they do pretty good.

Montreal should be all over that Lehkonen offer. Great trade for the Habs to accept.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure it was more like Price and Daneault but hey hopefully everyone thinks like you i have no issues with that.
Lehkonen and Gallagher were Danault's linemates in the playoffs. Lehkonen is the type of player you win with. He's still RFA so it'll take more then a late 2nd(<20% chance of drating an nhler) to get him

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Sounds too high on Leafs end. Unless Amiriv has slid since his draft. A late first would bring them Lekhs.

How about Chiarot and Lekhs 50% retained, for a first this year, a second next year and either Amirov or Robertson Leafs choice?
No chance that deal happens. Robertson and Amirov have been injured this year. Both should compete for a spot in the NHL next year unless they are traded for much better players then chariot and Lekhonen.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'd take Parise off the Islanders, wonder what the cost would be.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
No chance that deal happens. Robertson and Amirov have been injured this year. Both should compete for a spot in the NHL next year unless they are traded for much better players then chariot and Lekhonen.
Good luck with that.
They are good prospect, but neither are locks to be as good as Lek or Chiarot.

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Likely so, but 95% of that comes down to fit, not because Mayfield is a substantially better defenceman, because he's not.

From an overall capability standpoint, there's extremely little separating the 4-5-6-7 defencemen on Leafs, being (in no paticular order) Holl, Dermott, Sandin, Liljegren.
Mayfield for a Dermott and a 2nd.
Yes he is a better Defenceman then the other 4. Key word is DEFENCE. No he won't put up the offensive numbers some of them might but thats not what Toronto needs.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If Toronto wants any Islander, give us a 2nd and Knies/Amirov. You want Mayfield for a cup run, go right ahead.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If Toronto wants any Islander, give us a 2nd and Knies/Amirov. You want Mayfield for a cup run, go right ahead.
They fully expect to get Barzal, Dobson, Wahlstrom and 6 1sts for a package like that. Remember, this is the team who though Jeremy Bracco can return them something of major value.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They fully expect to get Barzal, Dobson, Wahlstrom and 6 1sts for a package like that. Remember, this is the team who though Jeremy Bracco can return them something of major value.
Bracco is where? God I remember hearing steve dangle acting like he was someone amazing

Give me Knies actually. He might be a deceptively good and his work at the world juniors had me excited

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Bracco is where? God I remember hearing steve dangle acting like he was someone amazing

Give me Knies actually. He might be a deceptively good and his work at the world juniors had me excited
He’s in Europe I think. Actually, he might be waiting tables at the restaurant on the Nautical Mile.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Mayfield for a Dermott and a 2nd.
Yes he is a better Defenceman then the other 4. Key word is DEFENCE. No he won't put up the offensive numbers some of them might but thats not what Toronto needs.

Yeah that's a deal that makes a lot more sense from Toronto's POV.

That being said, determining the Isles needs possibly a little more challenging. The top of the D is quite clear with Pelech, Pulock and Dobson. Some interesting upside with Salo. Space fillers with Chara & Greene. Is Dermott a guy that they see rounding out their top 4 with the right opportunity alongside a Dobson or Pulock?

Lots of long term deals to 30+ players up front as well.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yeah that's a deal that makes a lot more sense from Toronto's POV.

That being said, determining the Isles needs possibly a little more challenging. The top of the D is quite clear with Pelech, Pulock and Dobson. Some interesting upside with Salo. Space fillers with Chara & Greene. Is Dermott a guy that they see rounding out their top 4 with the right opportunity alongside a Dobson or Pulock?

Lots of long term deals to 30+ players up front as well.
The Islanders blue line without any UFA/RFA next year could look like this:
Pelech-Pulock
??????-Dobson
Salo-Mayfield

That’s a nice group going forward. The needs (top 6 proven scoring threat/finisher) are honestly up front and moving Mayfield for those needs would be a stretch. The issue is that it comes down to who fits the holes. None of the options Toronto has available do for the Islanders unless the trade was to take place in the off season, not during the trade deadline.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Lehkonen and Gallagher were Danault's linemates in the playoffs. Lehkonen is the type of player you win with. He's still RFA so it'll take more then a late 2nd(<20% chance of drating an nhler) to get him

I agree with him being a factor but basically it took the whole team working together for them to do what they did and actually i wouldn't trade him i was sign him long term.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Mayfield to the Leafs | Dermott+Robertson+Ritche to the Isles
If any team can turn Ritche around its the Isles even if they have to keep Ritche scratched they do pretty good.

Mayfield deal ain't worth it for Isles, including Dermott and Ritchie are just favors to TML, Roberston is a good start

re Lehkonen deal, i've never seen the appeal that warrants all the 1st++ proposals,
but also TML would be stupid to hurry to trade Amirov
Amirov may not quite be Iginla, but Lehkonen is certainly not Nieuwendyk

under Cap, the way to stay good with top heavy salaries is good players on ELC

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Mayfield deal ain't worth it for Isles, including Dermott and Ritchie are just favors to TML, Roberston is a good start

re Lehkonen deal, i've never seen the appeal that warrants all the 1st++ proposals,
but also TML would be stupid to hurry to trade Amirov
Amirov may not quite be Iginla, but Lehkonen is certainly not Nieuwendyk

under Cap, the way to stay good with top heavy salaries is good players on ELC
Dermott and Robertson are fine, but I would ask more for a player who arguably can help tilt a playoff series like Mayfield can. If they (Islanders) end up doing something at the deadline, it'll most likely be dumps for picks and getting back at least some cap space next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad