OT: Leafs Lounge v.125 Falafel, the new Bacon!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
everyone feels stressed at all points in life, it feels stupid when your older because there is more stress,but you can deal with it better

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
everyone feels stressed at all points in life, it feels stupid when your older because there is more stress,but you can deal with it better

:laugh: Are you cereal? No trust me, the stress you are feeling right now will only get worse as you get older. It's nothing right now.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
:laugh: Are you cereal? No trust me, the stress you are feeling right now will only get worse as you get older. It's nothing right now.

so your saying you werent stressed out in high school, and before answering that what classes did you take

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
so your saying you werent stressed out in high school, and before answering that what classes did you take

I only took University classes, it wasn't stressful at all. But maybe that's because I'm good at school so I don't study :yo:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
C'mon now, bet you felt the same when you were his age.

Not really. High school was a breeze. First year university was my reality check and when I had to severely buckle down and actually study and do work. To each their own though. It's a good way to learn how to cope with stress :).

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I had such bad study habits in high school. It got to the point that if I opened a book at home my family would all gasp and take my temperature to see if I was feeling alright :laugh: Basically the only work I did at home was writing essays. Most assignments I was able to do in school.

JMcLeaf

Certain exams in high school would get me stressed out (physics, chemistry, advanced functions) but it's noting like the stress i've had for university exams. I had horrible study habits after grade 10 so I always had to cram, which didnt help reduce the stress.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Certain exams in high school would get me stressed out (physics, chemistry, advanced functions) but it's noting like the stress i've had for university exams. I had horrible study habits after grade 10 so I always had to cram, which didnt help reduce the stress.

I have made myself physically sick from stress/cramming for exams. First year Math Micro Econ, 85% final. I don't think I've concentrated harder on anything in my life.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
advanced functions tmr, has me really stressed
To be fair i stress my self out for a quiz, it is not healthy

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Also, falafel is gross. I'd rather have hummus if we're talking about Middle Eastern dishes.

Apr 1, 2010
While the condo I'm purchasing is being built, yes. Inb4 "mommy does everything for you". That would be horridly wrong.

you pay rent/mortgage?
Grocery shop?
pay hydro?
pay gas?
pay water?
pay home insurance?
pay car insurance?

I'm guessing you must cook and do some laundry if you say your mom doesn't do everything.

But do you sweep and mop the floor?
Clean the toilet and tub?
Vaccuum and dust?
Do the dishes?

There's a million things that need to be done and you work 40hrs plus commute time. Time becomes your most valued commodity.

In a condo you don't have yard work, but then you don't have a back yard to enjoy either.
You will pay a building maintainence fee, but that isn't like having to fix your own roof, eaves trough, etc.

Making money and living at home is sweet.

Do it for as long as you can, and save your money.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
you pay rent/mortgage?
Grocery shop?
pay hydro?
pay gas?
pay water?
pay home insurance?
pay car insurance?

I'm guessing you must cook and do some laundry if you say your mom doesn't do everything.

But do you sweep and mop the floor?
Clean the toilet and tub?
Vaccuum and dust?
Do the dishes?

There's a million things that need to be done and you work 40hrs plus commute time. Time becomes your most valued commodity.

In a condo you don't have yard work, but then you don't have a back yard to enjoy either.
You will pay a building maintainence fee, but that isn't like having to fix your own roof, eaves trough, etc.

Making money and living at home is sweet.

Do it for as long as you can, and save your money.

You're not telling me anything new, I'm not a child. I know how the world works.

Apr 1, 2010
You're not telling me anything new, I'm not a child. I know how the world works.

Well saying "life is easy after school" is not exactly an accurate statement when you still live at home, because that still isn't the real world.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Well saying "life is easy after school" is not exactly an accurate statement when you still live at home, because that still isn't the real world.

You don't get what he was saying. He's only living at home because he has to wait for his condo to be built. Not by choice.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I did live on my own for 4 years, worked 50-75 hours a week every single week paying every bill, managing to buy a car and graduating without any loans so compared to that, life is definitely easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad