Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
maybe just put this in your signature?
So you have no answer then, got it.

When you post something that makes no sense, it's OK to just admit it and retract your statement, there's no shame in that. When you're asked to explain yourself and you keep deflecting, you don't come off as someone who's interested in an honest discussion.

• Love
Reactions: mikeyz

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Wow this looks bad. If Marchand managed to miss, they would probably get another chance
Yeppers , count the steam boats from when he stops at the blue line to when, you see the Bruin put up his arms then count how long it takes him from that Bruin to the net, if he had backchecked at 80% he would have been able to get in Marchands way. The players dont give a shit anymore, they dont fear repercussions from the coach, Keefe needs to go.

LOL Pasta looks angry if anything

He's yelling at the refs cause they didn't make another Reaves phantom call . Those scrums happen all the time and you almost never see a player crying to the refs. Pasta = Whiney little bitch.

Reactions: egd27 and Racer88

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Tampa had historical playoff runs from their superstars (point, hedman, and Kuch)

Incredible depth who played shutdown role well (coleman, gourde, goodrow, colton)

Had a bunch of other high level players (cirelli, stamkos for one of the runs, Mcdonaugh, Cernak, Palat, Killorn)

They were way deeper than the leafs at every position basically.

Leafs could not afford Vasilvsky at 9.5M either which began from the 2021 cup

Vasilevsky was their 3rd best player probably across the 3 years (2020 - 2022)

1. Kuch
2. Hedman
3. Vas

The bolts were a super team whose superstars were playing at insanley high level. Just no comparison for any of the dubas leaf teams and them
Yeah, it's not a fair comparison. I think people are underestimating just how deep and strong Tampa was for a 3-4 year period. One of the best teams we have seen in a long time.

Reactions: hamzarocks

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
2021 ECF Game 7 isles it was Gourde/Goodrown who stepped up and won that game 1-0

Hedman, Point didnt do anything there. Vasilevsky made saves in a low scoring game but he didnt score the game winning goal.

2022 R1 vs Us, Nick paul scored twice on us taking advantage of bad defensive plays by Rielly and Brodie and poor goaltending by Campbell.

Vasilevsky held it down after but we didnt challange him enough in that game either. We had less than 10 shots in the 3rd I think

decisive game 2020-2022

point 6 goal 7 assist in 13

you had all the impact of bim defensive side ans yes we could put him 2

hedman his number was not specially high except he scored 20% of tampa goal on decisive game in 2020, but his impact to keep those game at low scoring was huge

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland

When you post something that makes no sense, it's OK to just admit it and retract your statement, there's no shame in that. When you're asked to explain yourself and you keep deflecting, you don't come off as someone who's interested in an honest discussion.
I don't think winning in OT is pathetic ok? I think it is fine and am ok with it and would have prefered the Leafs to win in OT last night. I do think it is pathetic to score at over a PPG in your playoff career in games 1 through 4 though, make no mistake about that

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
2021 ECF Game 7 isles it was Gourde/Goodrown who stepped up and won that game 1-0

Hedman, Point didnt do anything there. Vasilevsky made saves in a low scoring game but he didnt score the game winning goal.

2022 R1 vs Us, Nick paul scored twice on us taking advantage of bad defensive plays by Rielly and Brodie and poor goaltending by Campbell.

Vasilevsky held it down after but we didnt challange him enough in that game either. We had less than 10 shots in the 3rd I think
Vasi was huge in Game 6. Especially in OT.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Just what the world needs, more censorship……..
oh bullshit - people can go everywhere on hf and post anti-Leaf garbage. Bruins board will ban you at the drop of a hat for posting facts. Why should we have to endure liars posing as Leaf fans, making the most absurd Leaf-hater posts. Real criticism is fine, but liars trashing this site - why should that be tolerated?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't think winning in OT is pathetic ok? I think it is fine and am ok with it and would have prefered the Leafs to win in OT last night. I do think it is pathetic to score at over a PPG in your playoff career in games 1 through 4 though, make no mistake about that
I would have preferred the Leafs win last night as well, especially since I bet real money on it. Scoring over PPG is pretty good though and certainly not pathetic, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Cheers!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Weird how the Seattle game was a win that left a bad after taste, but the loss to Boston feels like a good process game and a roadmap for future success.
Neither game was great IMO. The Boston game felt a bit better probably because they're just a tougher opponent but still, down 2 goals going into the 3rd is far from ideal. Seems like we've been down by multiple goals at some point in so many games this year, our team defence has gone down the tubes.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Weird how the Seattle game was a win that left a bad after taste, but the loss to Boston feels like a good process game and a roadmap for future success.
Hmmmmmmm the many many losses to the bruins have not made any difference in the way the Leafs play I’m not sure why this one would. We have been seeing the same crap for the 7 years most of this core has been here………..I wonder what it could be

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Bang on.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Do you actually think this D and more importantly the goaltending is enough to compete against teams like Boston, NYR, Carolina, Vegas, Colorado…. in a 7 game series. Honestly.

Where did I say anything of the sort? I, like most here, am on the record saying the D will need to be upgraded before the playoffs and that’s our healthy D. None of this has anything to do however with whether it would be a surprise if they make the post season.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Woll had a bad game but he was once again good in ot and it’s great to see he can shine in the big high pressure moments

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, it's not a fair comparison. I think people are underestimating just how deep and strong Tampa was for a 3-4 year period. One of the best teams we have seen in a long time.

FWIW, I was in no way comparing them. In fact the first sentence in the post of mine hamza replied to said that I don’t think you can point to something working for Tampa and assume it would also work for us, for that very reason

I completely agree their team was stacked from top to bottom, but I wholely reject however the idea that Vasilevsky was only their third best player in the two cups

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Tampa had historical playoff runs from their superstars (point, hedman, and Kuch)

Incredible depth who played shutdown role well (coleman, gourde, goodrow, colton)

Had a bunch of other high level players (cirelli, stamkos for one of the runs, Mcdonaugh, Cernak, Palat, Killorn)

They were way deeper than the leafs at every position basically.

Leafs could not afford Vasilvsky at 9.5M either which began from the 2021 cup

Vasilevsky was their 3rd best player probably across the 3 years (2020 - 2022)

1. Kuch
2. Hedman
3. Vas

The bolts were a super team whose superstars were playing at insanley high level. Just no comparison for any of the dubas leaf teams and them

I think you may have missed the point of my post, unless you were actually agreeing with me.

I was not drawing a comparable. I actually was specifically saying you can’t. That said, no player had a greater impact than Vasi during those runs. I stand by that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad